• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

:(

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Distrusting everyone is a sure and certain route to paranoid unhappiness.
And what a better state to be in at a time when everyone is out to get everyone, where everyone values their money more than people, and where everyone is killing everyone for every excuse? Oh, if only everyone were as paranoid as I was, the world would be a much safer and happier place. Remember, living in constant depression is better than getting betrayed by a "loved one."
Better to learn who to trust, and when and how much to trust them.
Trust no one. Bad things will happen when you trust people. Remember, these are PEOPLE, and this is AMERICA, where PEOPLE are encouraged to do whatever they can to get to the top and stay there.
Trust no one, only God/Jesus.

I don't want to see you get hurt.
Well said, but don't expect God to heal the wounds you got from trusting others for you. He certainly never healed mine.
You have to trust people sometimes, or you'll have a horrible life.
And if you trust people, you'll still have a horrible life. Life is supposed to be horrible, and trying to be happy usually just makes it worse. The second you feel like you got something right, someone will come and tear you down again. It's better to stay down than to be kicked down again.
If you don't trust anyone, no one will trust you, and you'll just be really lonely forever.
To the contrary, I am known as one of the most trustworthy people around where I live. When you're paranoid of others, you're also careful to make sure you do not imitate the ones who are out to get you.
How could you develop a friendship or relationship with anyone if you refuse to trust them just because they aren't god or jesus?
More often than not, friendship is just an excuse for people to abuse and manipulate eachother. Your friends will slowly corrode your moral standards and your individuality until you are just like them. For example, you don't want to date. But if you constantly hang around people who are always talking about how great it is to be in love and how great their boyfriends are to them, you might slowly change your mind, especially if they directly encourage you. Then someone will start dating you, and they'll betray you like any other boy would after he gets what he wants (usually sex). And your "friends" that encouraged you to start dating will be laughing and making fun of you the whole way.
That's what humanity is. Be an exception and choose your friends wisely (most girls will choose bad friends that will bring them down). Be paranoid, trust someone only if they trust you first (usually when someone's trusting you, they won't betray you, since they don't want you to betray them back). That is what I learned from my miserable dating career, and from the rest of life at that.

Life is a very very bad place. Trying to be happy will get you knocked down. The Evil is out to get us.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
You're experience of life seems remarkably different than mine. Overall, I find life to be a blast.
Are you one of THEM? Or one of The Normal? Some people can tell themselves that life is ok, that people are not out to get them, even though there are literally people trying to kill them each day. And some people, like THEM and The Normal, are part of what is hunting us down and instead of fearing it, they become it. Be wary, for the happier you feel, the more likely it is that something is amiss...

EDIT: Gee, I could make a whole new religion off this =O. Maybe once I find a real, Hebrew Bible and an interpreter, I can get down to forming the religion that Christianity should have been. You know, yes, that the Bible was not one book, but a collection of writings written over centuries, and yes the Bible was authored by God, but it was written down by the hands of humans well after God had spoken, and there are some pieces of the Bible that might not have been there originally (I'm particularly suspicious of Paul's letters)... the Catholic Church in particular took parts out and put new parts in, in order to control the population with religion... man I hate the Medieval Catholic Church, I hope someone invents a time machine soon so I can go back and get the real Biblical Texts before they butchered them.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are you one of THEM? Or one of The Normal? Some people can tell themselves that life is ok, that people are not out to get them, even though there are literally people trying to kill them each day. And some people, like THEM and The Normal, are part of what is hunting us down and instead of fearing it, they become it. Be wary, for the happier you feel, the more likely it is that something is amiss...

Don't be a melodramatic little kid. Neither one of your silly options applies to me.

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
And what a better state to be in at a time when everyone is out to get everyone, where everyone values their money more than people, and where everyone is killing everyone for every excuse? Oh, if only everyone were as paranoid as I was, the world would be a much safer and happier place. Remember, living in constant depression is better than getting betrayed by a "loved one."

Trust no one. Bad things will happen when you trust people. Remember, these are PEOPLE, and this is AMERICA, where PEOPLE are encouraged to do whatever they can to get to the top and stay there.

Well said, but don't expect God to heal the wounds you got from trusting others for you. He certainly never healed mine.

And if you trust people, you'll still have a horrible life. Life is supposed to be horrible, and trying to be happy usually just makes it worse. The second you feel like you got something right, someone will come and tear you down again. It's better to stay down than to be kicked down again.

To the contrary, I am known as one of the most trustworthy people around where I live. When you're paranoid of others, you're also careful to make sure you do not imitate the ones who are out to get you.

More often than not, friendship is just an excuse for people to abuse and manipulate eachother. Your friends will slowly corrode your moral standards and your individuality until you are just like them. For example, you don't want to date. But if you constantly hang around people who are always talking about how great it is to be in love and how great their boyfriends are to them, you might slowly change your mind, especially if they directly encourage you. Then someone will start dating you, and they'll betray you like any other boy would after he gets what he wants (usually sex). And your "friends" that encouraged you to start dating will be laughing and making fun of you the whole way.
That's what humanity is. Be an exception and choose your friends wisely (most girls will choose bad friends that will bring them down). Be paranoid, trust someone only if they trust you first (usually when someone's trusting you, they won't betray you, since they don't want you to betray them back). That is what I learned from my miserable dating career, and from the rest of life at that.

Life is a very very bad place. Trying to be happy will get you knocked down. The Evil is out to get us.

Well, that's a horrible way to look at life... Maybe you like to be miserable, in which case your life views should work out perfectly for you.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Don't be a melodramatic little kid. Neither one of your silly options applies to me.
You are making fun of me because I tell you what you can expect from life? Bleh, I suppose it's typical these days.

It would be nice if you really were outside the mold of my "silly options," but I just don't see any other options. You are either the hunted or the hunter, or you are one who has not been hunted yet.
What is your fourth option that you speak of?
Well, that's a horrible way to look at life... Maybe you like to be miserable, in which case your life views should work out perfectly for you.
You think I like being miserable? No, if I liked being miserable, I would trust people freely. I simply feel more pain being torn down than I do laying low. Every time in my life I think that something good is about to happen, something bad happens. If you were torn down every time you felt good, you would feel much the same way. Are you trying to tell me that most people AREN'T torn down constantly?

EDIT: Hmm, I suppose you wish to be cheered up, don't you? I don't know what to say to you there D=.

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
You are making fun of me because I tell you what you can expect from life? Bleh, I suppose it's typical these days.

It would be nice if you really were outside the mold of my "silly options," but I just don't see any other options. You are either the hunted or the hunter, or you are one who has not been hunted yet.
What is your fourth option that you speak of?

How is it that you know more about my life than I do? I'm living my life; I know what to expect, because I've been experiencing it for almost 20 years. You could try to live your life and not worry about things; trust people, and sometimes it will pay off; sometimes it won't. Taking those risks is a part of life. If you never try anything that is risky, you'll never try anything new, never go anywhere new, never meet anyone new, and you'll lead a very boring life.

There are certainly parts of life that are less than enjoyable, but there are also parts which are great. You should focus on the good parts instead of dwelling on the bad parts. Sure, there are laws I'm forced to follow and I don't agree with them, but instead of being ****** off about that constantly, I think about something in life that I do enjoy, like being with Baggins, or watching a movie with my sister or friend, talking to my mom, going for a walk, driving around in the country. I like to think about the positive aspects in life, which make me feel neither like a hunter nor like a prey.

Be wary, for the happier you feel, the more likely it is that something is amiss...

One way of being sure of finding misery is to go looking for it. I am a glass half empty person myself ,but I know it is self defeating , while part of my job is to forsee potential problems down the road, and my natural worse case scenario instinct is good for this, but it is with a view to circumventing the problems.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I'm 52, kid. I've seen some life. When you get to be 52 -- instead of your current 17 -- you can come tell me what life's about. Deal?
Age does not necessarily imply experience, but you seem to know what you are talking about. Indeed, life was probably better back when you were my age. However, I don't expect to be feeling any different at 52. Years alone do not make depression go away.
How is it that you know more about my life than I do?
I never said I did... that comment was adressed to the guy who was making fun of me for my outlook on life.
You should focus on the good parts instead of dwelling on the bad parts.
What good parts are you talking about? No, that's not a rhetorical question, maybe you could point me to something I was not aware of.

Bleh, I'm not feeling so well. Probably been thinking too much again. If I wasn't obligated to stay here and talk about life, I'd go and try to... er... do something else >_<.

EDIT:
One way of being sure of finding misery is to go looking for it.
Contrary to what it might look like, I'm not actually looking for misery. I just keep finding a correlation with being happy at one point and being torn down later. For example, a couple years ago, I really liked this girl, but we didn't exactly see eye to eye on a lot of things. Just when I thought I had cleared everything up and gotten to understand the girl, she suddenly told me that she didn't want anything to do with me anymore and walked off. Or, later in life, I thought I had finally found a friend to talk to, but I ended up seriously regretting putting my trust in that guy.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Age does not necessarily imply experience, but you seem to know what you are talking about.

You can't have experience without age. And you will need a more open mind in order to gain experience -- otherwise your next decades will be wasted.

Indeed, life was probably better back when you were my age.

Life is not much different now than it was back when I was 17 --- it's always been a matter of what you make it. You want to make it precious little hell, then it will be a precious little hell.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
What good parts are you talking about? No, that's not a rhetorical question, maybe you could point me to something I was not aware of.

Bleh, I'm not feeling so well. Probably been thinking too much again. If I wasn't obligated to stay here and talk about life, I'd go and try to... er... do something else >_<.

You aren't obligated to stay here and talk about life. Why don't you go and sleep. Surely sleeping would ease your constant misery. I bet if you tried to be happier, you would be successful. I find usually the people who have more reason to be sad or angry that their life sucks are the ones who don't dwell on the bad parts of life. If your life is really terrible, I think you'd try your hardest to cloud it out of your mind and at least attempt to be happy.

Here are some possible good parts of your life:

You have the internet, while many people don't. You seem to have fingers, which you could use to draw or write or play video games if you like those sorts of things. You can write complete sentences, so I can assume you are not severely mentally disabled. You have the world outside. You could take a walk or lay outside and read a book if you like those things...

Or maybe you don't like to do anything. Most people like to do at least something, but if you seriously have zero interests or hobbies, then I suppose life might truthfully suck.

Trey of Diamonds

Is it just me, or is it difficult to keep friends if you don't give them sex? I got in a huge argument with a "friend" of mine one day because I wouldn't agree to be his "girlfriend;" I wanted to just be friends and hang out together and have fun. And I told him that it wasn't even anything personal; I just don't like dating, but I guess that wasn't good enough for him. And then there is another guy who likes me and always wanted me to date him in high school, but I told him I'm just not comfortable with that sort of thing, so we've been friends since we were 14 years old or so, but now he never answers his phone and never talks to me on facebook... I think he is avoiding me, and I feel like it might be because I won't date him. Why doesn't anyone just want to be friends? He can find someone else to date... I just don't understand. :(

Hormones. Granted, these guys should be capable of seeing past their chemical imbalances but not everyone can be that mature. The only advice I can give is to not let their immaturity get you down and if it helps, once the hormones settle down they will likely see their mistake and return to being your friend. Most important thing is to know that you are doing the right thing.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Hormones. Granted, these guys should be capable of seeing past their chemical imbalances but not everyone can be that mature. The only advice I can give is to not let their immaturity get you down and if it helps, once the hormones settle down they will likely see their mistake and return to being your friend. Most important thing is to know that you are doing the right thing.

Thank you. :D Hopefully you're right and they'll get over it.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
if you seriously have zero interests or hobbies, then I suppose life might truthfully suck.
That's it! I need an interest. All my interests have revolved around girls, and girls have always betrayed me. I do play video games, but it's not exactly emotionally fulfulling (especially considering the population on most game sites XD). Maybe I need to find something that doesn't require other people before I move on to finding love. Hmm, I'm moving out of the Bible Belt and into college in less than a month. Maybe college will have something for me. At very least, I'll be too focused on stress and schoolwork to be depressed :D.

I'ma go start writing my manifesto or something, usually imaging having absolute dictator powers and writing out my legal code helps me feel a bit better.

Good luck with the boy, try not to be too rough on him if you end up contacting him. Boys are a lot more sensitive than they'll admit =P.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
That's it! I need an interest. All my interests have revolved around girls, and girls have always betrayed me. I do play video games, but it's not exactly emotionally fulfulling (especially considering the population on most game sites XD). Maybe I need to find something that doesn't require other people before I move on to finding love. Hmm, I'm moving out of the Bible Belt and into college in less than a month. Maybe college will have something for me. At very least, I'll be too focused on stress and schoolwork to be depressed :D.

I'ma go start writing my manifesto or something, usually imaging having absolute dictator powers and writing out my legal code helps me feel a bit better.

Good luck with the boy, try not to be too rough on him if you end up contacting him. Boys are a lot more sensitive than they'll admit =P.

Okay then... Good luck.

i'm guessing that the boy had feeling's for you before and only just decided to pronounce them, and was disapointed that all he got was the lousy "i don't wanna" exuse, combine that with hormone's and the result is predictable

ps
just because your someone's girlfriend doesn't mean you have to "put out" right away

JamieA1A

Is it just me, or is it difficult to keep friends if you don't give them sex? I got in a huge argument with a "friend" of mine one day because I wouldn't agree to be his "girlfriend;" I wanted to just be friends and hang out together and have fun. And I told him that it wasn't even anything personal; I just don't like dating, but I guess that wasn't good enough for him. And then there is another guy who likes me and always wanted me to date him in high school, but I told him I'm just not comfortable with that sort of thing, so we've been friends since we were 14 years old or so, but now he never answers his phone and never talks to me on facebook... I think he is avoiding me, and I feel like it might be because I won't date him. Why doesn't anyone just want to be friends? He can find someone else to date... I just don't understand. :(

It may be only the sex he is after or it may be that he wants a closer romantic relationship with you than just being friends. Such a relationship doesn't have to be based on sex. Once he realized that the two of you can't have that special romantic relationship it hurt him and he couldn't go back to just being friends again.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
It may be only the sex he is after or it may be that he wants a closer romantic relationship with you than just being friends. Such a relationship doesn't have to be based on sex. Once he realized that the two of you can't have that special romantic relationship it hurt him and he couldn't go back to just being friends again.

That sucks. :(