• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

45,000 medical bills ERASED!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Congratulations to that church for "walking the talk".

I long for the day when the vast majority automatically helps those in need. But that day, sadly, is not today.

And we still need to fix the utterly broken health care system that causes such debt. We can and should do that as well.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I presume you're an anarcho-capitalist who believes everything should be privatized, including the police, fire department, public schools, etc.? Otherwise that's inconsistent at best or hypocritical a worst.
How in the world did you come to that conclusion? :shrug: that was quite a hyper-jump.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Kenny

Premium Member
OK, 46,000 out of millions. Would this church take care of ALL the millions. This drop in the bucket would not be needed if there was a decent health care system in the USA

“Negative people have a problem for every solution”

I so glad you are rejoicing.

Kenny

Premium Member
I know this is a bit off. Why don't people say the same thing about the catholic church as they do with this church? The church helps millions of people.
That is a good point!

Catholic Charities is well known to be helping so many.

Like one poster here, no matter what The Church does they will always have a problem with it. The biggest giving block that has existed has been Christians which have helped and continue to help the masses (which includes the Catholic Church) but so many people never want to see the good and only see the bad.

Of course, there is the other side of the coin with which Jesus Himself had a problem with. Religious people who are in The Church who praise God with their mouths but their hearts are far from Him. A stumbling block for those who serve God with all of their hearts as well as for those who want something real but the religious people prevent them from coming in and from believing. In any church, there are those who do evil and it doesn't take much for people to throw the baby out with the dirty bath water.

I think people forget, sometimes, the following facts:

1. Churches are filled with imperfect people--which surfaces sometimes--but doesn't change the reality of what the Church does and who she is.
  2. Imperfect people, who do wrong, doesn't mean that The Church is wrong no more that the person who is pointing their fingers at The Church, are also imperfect and have done wrong. There are doctors who do wrong but I bet you a dollar to a doughnut they will still go to a doctor and don't throw out medicine because of what a doctor did.
  3. I will agree that wrong is wrong and should be judged but I also agree that, if the heart is right, mercy still rejoices over judgment.

Regardless, I think that the declaration of what this church did still benefits the church as a whole.

Kenny

Premium Member
Incoherent response is playing the three stooges Duck, Bob and Weave.

Matthew 18:13
And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

If you can't rejoice for the 45,000 who were freed of $450,000,000 of debt, you will never see the reality that this isn't a one time deal.

How do you eat an elephant?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is a good point!

Catholic Charities is well known to be helping so many.

Like one poster here, no matter what The Church does they will always have a problem with it. The biggest giving block that has existed has been Christians which have helped and continue to help the masses (which includes the Catholic Church) but so many people never want to see the good and only see the bad.

Of course, there is the other side of the coin with which Jesus Himself had a problem with. Religious people who are in The Church who praise God with their mouths but their hearts are far from Him. A stumbling block for those who serve God with all of their hearts as well as for those who want something real but the religious people prevent them from coming in and from believing. In any church, there are those who do evil and it doesn't take much for people to throw the baby out with the dirty bath water.

I think people forget, sometimes, the following facts:

1. Churches are filled with imperfect people--which surfaces sometimes--but doesn't change the reality of what the Church does and who she is.
  2. Imperfect people, who do wrong, doesn't mean that The Church is wrong no more that the person who is pointing their fingers at The Church, are also imperfect and have done wrong. There are doctors who do wrong but I bet you a dollar to a doughnut they will still go to a doctor and don't throw out medicine because of what a doctor did.
  3. I will agree that wrong is wrong and should be judged but I also agree that, if the heart is right, mercy still rejoices over judgment.

Regardless, I think that the declaration of what this church did still benefits the church as a whole.

Any church that gives and does one form of charity or another is a good church to me. I ran across this through personal experience. Theology and political differences shouldn't matter with charity.

Kenny

Premium Member
Any church that gives and does one form of charity or another is a good church to me. I ran across this through personal experience. Theology and political differences shouldn't matter with charity.
I could make a sermon about that! Well said!!