• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 years of NBC/WSJ polling shows nation's growing divide

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
30 years of NBC/WSJ polling shows nation's growing divide

The interesting parts of the polls was not the growing divide which is obvious but these other findings:
data_download_2b_2019_12_15_fd64a0e21e348bdb273bd82ece1ab110.fit-560w.png

data_download_3b_2019_12_15_21fbc8024e087c368cf9fda69028eae5.fit-560w.png

data_download_4b_2019_12_15_3b68b8b414b13a93812c256beb29daa8.fit-560w.png

data_download_5b_2019_12_15_54c9ec3e8a86dd45cbf908b1e6035fb4.fit-560w.png

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Things have changed a lot in such a short amount of time. I've seen that change first hand, but then again I live in a very northern left wing area. It'd be interesting to see how this has differed from state to state. I'm sure things have changed in a different way in the bible belt, or in the south.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
How is it a "divide"?

Democrats have been come very pessimistic over the last 3 years Trump has been in charge. Probably driving the numbers down about their kids futures as well.

Though culturally the numbers seem to be improving. Higher acceptance of the LGBTQ community. Higher acceptance of women in the work place. Less religiosity as well though some may see that as a negative.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Democrats have been come very pessimistic over the last 3 years Trump has been in charge. Probably driving the numbers down about their kids futures as well.

Though culturally the numbers seem to be improving. Higher acceptance of the LGBTQ community. Higher acceptance of women in the work place. Less religiosity as well though some may see that as a negative.
Aye, that's what stuck me as odd about the info presented in the OP,
ie, there's less of a divide. As for political divisions, the rancorous
divide de jour is transient.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The headline of course emphasized the political divisions as they are wont to do.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

No, the manifestations of the divide are transient. The John Wayne society is in its death throws and its benefactors feel increasingly marginalized and threatened,