• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 june 2013, huge protests in Egypt

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Seems Egyptians are too immature for Democracy.

Now, why are the Islamist fearing reprisals? What exactly did they do? Not belong to the right political party?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
the opposition prepare for huge peacefull protests against the muslim brotherhood regime , i hope it's would gone ok and peacefull , and succed to remove this hypocrite/lair/failed egyptian president called "Morsi" .

the people protesting have committed over 100 violent gang rapes of their egyption sisters

I dont think those protesters are peaceful. They are nothing more then violent thugs behaving indecently.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
the people protesting have committed over 100 violent gang rapes of their egyption sisters

I dont think those protesters are peaceful. They are nothing more then violent thugs behaving indecently.
I'd point out that while any more than zero rapes is unacceptable and those that commit it are barbaric, there are literally millions of people that have protested in Egypt if any of the news articles are to be believed. A few hundred out of a few million is like 0.01%.

I don't know what's going to happen next, but without being there I wouldn't want to condemn the other 99%+ of protesters as a group. Considering the scale of the whole thing and comparing the level of violence so far to some of the civil wars going on currently and recently, it may have been rather restrained.

4798366-3x2-700x467.jpg

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The head of the Muslim Brotherhood's political party and its deputy chief have been arrested...
Our Egypt correspondent Patrick Kingsley has tweeted that some Egyptian Islamists are already fearing reprisals, and that 300 arrest warrants have just been issued for Muslim Brotherhood members.

Egyptian military removes President Mohamed Morsi: developments continue - live | World news | guardian.co.uk
Congratulation to all Egyptains , well done .

I believe the army removed Mohammad Morsi , because they detect that the situation go to the worst in his hand ,arrest and shut channel ...etc it's almost the the same senario of Algeria that happened in 1991, and that's what suppose army to do to protect Egypt from the extremists and takfirin.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Congratulation to all Egyptains , well done .

I believe the army removed Mohammad Morsi , because they detect that the situation go to the worst in his hand ,arrest and shut channel ...etc it's almost the the same senario of Algeria that happened in 1991, and that's what suppose army to do to protect Egypt from the extremists and takfirin.

Funny you keep comparing Egypt to Algeria... as if being like Algeria would be a big improvement :rolleyes:

Sahar

If Egypt's army had wanted to disguise the fact that what they had just done was carry out a military coup, they made a poor job of it. Without mentioning Mohamed Morsi by name, the head of the army General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi effectively declared the removal of Egypt's first democratically elected president by appointed the head of the supreme constitutional court as interim head of state. No one in Egypt knows who this man Adli Mansour is. But he will be the face, or rather the fig leaf, of the people who write constitutional decrees.

Gen Sisi called for presidential and parliamentary elections and a panel to review the constitution, but no timelines were given. Nor could any comfort be gained from the politicians and religious leaders sitting next the military junta. Two of them, Ahmed al-Tayeb, grand sheikh of al-Azhar, Cairo's highest seat of Islamic learning and the Salafist Nour party were the cause of the worst confrontation the ousted Muslim Brotherhood had with secular liberals over the interpretation of sharia in the new constitution. Now they are on the other side, their fundamentalist interpretations will become the new regime's problems.

Liberal this new regime is not. Its first act was to shut down five television stations, who were covering the growing demonstrations of Muslim Brotherhood supporters. A sixth channel, an offshoot of al-Jazeera called al-Jazeera Misr, was raided, and its journalists arrested. Speaking shortly after Sisi's announcement the liberal opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei declared that the 2011 revolution was relaunched. Tahrir Square erupted in celebration. It may well be short-lived, because what really happened in Egypt was that it went back two years. With Morsi gone, the old regime is back where they want to be, pulling the levers of power. It is now only a matter of time before the loser of the last presidential election, Ahmed Shafiq comes back from exile.
Egypt: throwing the ballot box out the window | Editorial | Comment is free | The Guardian

Sahar

Seems Egyptians are too immature for Democracy.
Omar Solayman said so before the (delusional) removal of Mubarak and it is proved now he was right. I am extremely sad to say this but this is the depressing truth. Mubarak regime is back with its full power and revenge too. :(

Koldaramor

Unfortunately,
There are lots of sexual harassment in Egypt. Harassment has become a part of Egyptian culture.
This problem was solved by the sexual revolution. It is important to secularization.

[youtube]72RGtkwRMqU[/youtube]
‫

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Omar Solayman said so before the (delusional) removal of Mubarak and it is proved now he was right. I am extremely sad to say this but this is the depressing truth. Mubarak regime is back with its full power and revenge too. :(
I think the sad precendent here is that any future political leaders will be fully aware that they serve at the pleasure of the generals. If that isn't the definition of a military dictatorship, what is?

Sahar

CAIRO — Troops opened fire and launched tear gas at supporters of deposed Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi on Friday afternoon, killing at least one person at a demonstration outside the building where Morsi is reportedly being held.
In the chaos, the precise number of casualties was not clear. Witnesses said several protesters were injured, and some news outlets reported that multiple people were killed.

Pro-Morsi demonstrator reported killed in clash with Egyptian troops - The Washington Post

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Funny you keep comparing Egypt to Algeria... as if being like Algeria would be a big improvement :rolleyes:

Not me who compare,elite politician do that .

SO it's the same story , the army remove the islamic (winners ) from the regime in Algeria in 1991 , and now the same happened in Egypt .

Algeria had experience the democraty in 1991 , so we are almost 22 years advance experience democraty than Egypt.

then the terrorists called the Jihad in Algeria to bring back the regime , now the terrorists in Egypt start by voilence protesting .

Algeria in 1991 check this link :
[youtube]LL8fNnb3bT4[/youtube]
ALGERIE 1991 - YouTube

Doctor Abdel Bari Atwan
,compare the egyptian case right now , to Algerian experience in 1991
check this link (in arabic) :
الاخوان رفضوا الخريطة والسيناريو الجزائري غير مستبعد

Last edited: