• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Harold Camping - Are You Ready, Preface, Page 1

"To wait and see if Christ's return is indeed to be in the fall of 1994 IS NOT ENOUGH....those who "waited to see" would be caught without salvation. It would be GUARANTEED
that they would have to face the Judgment Throne of God, be found guilty of their sins, and plunged into hell forevermore"

Just_me_Mike

Nothing left to be said. I am a fool, deceived and will have to ride this out.
I suppose many feel glad they are not me, and I can easily see why.
Oh well, not everyone can be born healthy. It would seem nature has played a cruel joke on me.
I will go away silent now...
Apparently there isn't a single reason to believe in may 21, so it is more conformation I am sick.

A

angellous_evangellous

Oh well, not everyone can be born healthy. It would seem nature has played a cruel joke on me.
Apparently there isn't a single reason to believe in may 21, so it is more conformation I am sick.

FWIW, I don't think that this serves as confirmation of sickness.

You certainly aren't alone in believing Camping. After May 21, I'd use it as an opportunity for liberation rather than self-deprication.

Just_me_Mike

FWIW, I don't think that this serves as confirmation of sickness.

You certainly aren't alone in believing Camping. After May 21, I'd use it as an opportunity for liberation rather than self-deprication.

I'd agree that is what a normal person would do, become liberated. I can't. I am not sure why...

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Hmmmm
Camping claims the Holy Spirit left the "Church" in 1988.

Camping was censured by the elders of Alameda Church in 1988.

Coincidence?
Or sour grapes?

Just_me_Mike

I guess what I still wonder about TW and AE.
When we look at Paul or Saul, we find a man who was well trained as a Pharisee, he knew the books quite well according to Paul anyway. Then one day Jesus strikes him down, on the road to Damascus. After that Paul taught the truth.

It is stories like this, that make me scratch my head, and say, well, maybe it was God's will that Camping be driven, determined, and wrong for a while, so many will cast him aside, and then God decides to turn the juice on and allow him to be right, like Paul.

I know it is a stretch, but can you see where I am coming from? Biblically speaking, doesn't this make some sense?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I guess what I still wonder about TW and AE.
When we look at Paul or Saul, we find a man who was well trained as a Pharisee, he knew the books quite well according to Paul anyway. Then one day Jesus strikes him down, on the road to Damascus. After that Paul taught the truth.

It is stories like this, that make me scratch my head, and say, well, maybe it was God's will that Camping be driven, determined, and wrong for a while, so many will cast him aside, and then God decides to turn the juice on and allow him to be right, like Paul.

I know it is a stretch, but can you see where I am coming from? Biblically speaking, doesn't this make some sense?
If we are going by the Bible, there are stern warnings about false prophesy.
Paul never prophesied before meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus.

Just_me_Mike

If we are going by the Bible, there are stern warnings about false prophesy.
Paul never prophesied before meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus.
Well, Paul did believe Jesus to be of the devil or at least a false profit himself. Paul was apparently quite backwards in his thought, teachings etc.. Like many of the Jews described in the New Testament.

Don't get me wrong, I am quite aware of the false prophesy warnings in the bible. I am just suggesting, it is never to late for God to take someone like Camping, and give him the truth he has apparently so desperately been seeking for 50 years. I know you might disagree, but we also have to take into account let him who has no sin cast the first stone.

While I might agree with you about past predictions failing on his part, I am not ready to throw him out with the garbage. I don't really question his sincerity. That is where I am slower to go than most people, to just cast him off. There is something about his drive that is sincere.

Anyway, your point is taken.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Many failed prophets have been so sincere that their followers still revere them today.

Charles Taze Russell, founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and his followers have failed numerous times. 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994, etc...

William Miller, founder of the Millerites who later became the Seventh Day Adventists, predicted Judgement day would be between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844. He was still waiting on his deathbed in 1889. (The Baha'i believe this date was accurate, but say it actually predicted the coming of the Bab.)

Joseph Smith called a meeting of his church leaders in February 1835 to tell them that God had recently spoke to him, and he had learned Jesus would return within the next 56 years.

Pat Robertson predicted on his 700 Club TV show, "I guarantee you by the end of 1982 there is going to be a judgment on the world,".

God's Church minister Ronald Weinland predicted in his book "2008: God's Final Witness", that hundreds of millions would die by 2006, the End Times would begin in 2008 with the fall of the US. (He has since changed his Prophesy to May 27, 2012)

Just_me_Mike

Many failed prophets have been so sincere that their followers still revere them today.

Charles Taze Russell, founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses, and his followers have failed numerous times. 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994, etc...

William Miller, founder of the Millerites who later became the Seventh Day Adventists, predicted Judgement day would be between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844. He was still waiting on his deathbed in 1889. (The Baha'i believe this date was accurate, but say it actually predicted the coming of the Bab.)

Joseph Smith called a meeting of his church leaders in February 1835 to tell them that God had recently spoke to him, and he had learned Jesus would return within the next 56 years.

Pat Robertson predicted on his 700 Club TV show, "I guarantee you by the end of 1982 there is going to be a judgment on the world,".

God's Church minister Ronald Weinland predicted in his book "2008: God's Final Witness", that hundreds of millions would die by 2006, the End Times would begin in 2008 with the fall of the US. (He has since changed his Prophesy to May 27, 2012)
Yes the odds are stacked against him, no argument there. For me, I am happy to report it will be over on May 21st, no matter what happens. I am done with talking, thinking or anything about it.
You better have some home brew waiting for me!

David69

Angel Of The North

21 12 12= 333 =9

The eagle landed in 69 m8 above date is not the end of the world, you are not doomed, see it as a new beginning!

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Happy May Day!!

Only 20 days left till Harold Camping recalculates or reinterprets his Judgment Day prophesy.

Flankerl

I didnt know who he was so i searched for him and found a wikipedia article.
I read till "Christian radio broadcaster" then looked at his picture and just thought "lol".

And obviously he's from the middle of nowhere in the US. That alone should be warning enough.

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
Flankerl, love the Douglas Adams excerpt as your quote. :D

My only regret regarding those who worship at the altar of eschatology and especially those Rapture enthusiasts, both for May 21 and October 2011, is that I didn't come up with one of the scams to take their money in the meantime, so that I could live large on the assets gullibility afforded. :beach:

The Rapture email scam. The pet care scam. They're making boat loads of cash. :faint:And none of those idea's were mine! That's just so wrong.

So at this point the only thing I can hope for is that the Mortgage software programmer at Wells Fargo was a Fundy and wrote the program so that on May 21st the system reverts all debts to zero. ;)
Now watch, with my luck the Rapture does happen and right at that time there's a 747 piloted by a Evangelical Baptist flying right over my house.

That's going to leave a mark. :bonk:

Yep, this is my smiley whore post. I figured how appropriate, right?!:p

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
KittensAngel,

What clergy often call rapture is really resurrection.
No one living can go to heaven according to 1st Cor 15v50.
Jesus was 'caught up' in the clouds at his ascending to heaven after his resurrection.
[Acts 1v9] so the 'caught up' of 1st Thess 4v17 means those dead called to heaven will not spend any time sleeping in death as the rest do.- Rev 20v6; 5vs9,10

The rest can have an earthly resurrection during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.
Only those of Matt 12v32; Hebrew 6vs4-6 have no hope of life anywhere in heaven or having everlasting life on earth. -Acts 24v15.

A

angellous_evangellous

May 21.

Just a few short days and we can put this whole matter behind us.