• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

144,000?

PHOTOTAKER

I see that May has ignored my request to post the origin of the belief of the JW's that they have a monopoly on the 144.000 as being members of their sect. So let anyone reading all this understand.

so what your saying is that the 144,000 is a start of the people that have salvation?

may

I see that May has ignored my request to post the origin of the belief of the JW's that they have a monopoly on the 144.000 as being members of their sect. So let anyone reading all this understand.
As most serious bible students will be aware , the 144,000 started to be gathered back in
Pentecost 33 C.E. That day, holy spirit was poured out on the apostles and a group of disciples, men and women. (Acts 1:13-15; 2:1-4) and the gathering has gone on .
Fleshly Israel were no longer Jehovah’s covenant people. (Hebrews 8:7-13) As Jesus had foretold, the privilege of being a part of the Messianic Kingdom was taken from them and given to the 144,000 members of spiritual Israel.—Revelation 7:4-8.
Jesus told the Jewish religious leaders: "The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits." (Matthew 21:43) That nation, spiritual Israel, is composed of anointed Christians taken into the new covenant.
The final sealing of the 144,000 will clear the way for the unleashing of the "winds" of destruction against Satan’s wicked system of things on earth. (Revelation 7:1-4)