• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
These are all excellent points. I don't know why Faux "Noise" as I like to call it is even still allowed to be on the air given that it has been exposed many times their only aim is to lie about Obama...
It's that pesky old 1st Amendment. I know, I know, life would be so much better if government could dictate that only leftish flavored statist
rhetoric were allowed on the air. But until the Constitution is scrapped or amended, we must suffer Democratic opposition having a voice.
And don't forget Matt Drudge, with all his whistle blowing. It causes so much grief. Recall how poor Bill Clinton suffered when his distracting
dalliances were outed. The other media cooperated to keep a lid on them. Curse that danged free press!

Last edited:

Pastadamus

It's that pesky old 1st Amendment. I know, I know, life would be so much better if government could dictate that only leftish flavored statist
rhetoric were allowed on the air. But until the Constitution is scrapped or amended, we must suffer Democratic opposition having a voice.
And don't forget Matt Drudge, with all his whistle blowing. It causes so much grief. Recall how poor Bill Clinton suffered when his distracting
dalliances were outed. The other media cooperated to keep a lid on them. Curse that danged free press!

Fox News was pretty "statist" for 8 years when Bush was in the Whitehouse, but that really is just a small drop in the bucket compared to everything they've done.

The FCC is very clear on the responsibilities of broadcasters. Specifically, firms must be run by people of "good character", who serve the "public interest", and speak with "candor". News Corp who owns Faux has none of these.

They have been involved in bribery, wire fraud, invaison of privacy, and much more. Furthermore fearmongering and broadcasting hate against the President doesn't seve the public interest. News disbursal media has a sacred responsibility to impart news in an as accurate and unbiased format as possible. FOX News and all of its subsidiaries have always been very lackadaisical with ethics and integrity but as of late they have relinquished even the pretense of truthfulness and accuracy in reporting.

In fact the only moral thing to do is to revoke their license to broadcast in the United States based on their illegal, unethical and egregious behavior. The same way PressTV had their broadcasting licenses revoked in Europe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fox News was pretty "statist" for 8 years when Bush was in the Whitehouse...
I implied that they're statist in their own way.

The FCC is very clear on the responsibilities of broadcasters. Specifically, firms must be run by people of "good character", who serve the "public interest", and speak with "candor". News Corp who owns Faux has none of these.
If the FCC had such vast power that they could squash Fox, then a Republican prez (if we get one some day) would have the
same power against NYt, NPR, & especially MSNBC & other darlings of the left (who also lie). So be careful what you wish for.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I implied that they're statist in their own way.

If the FCC had such vast power that they could squash Fox, then a Republican prez (if we get one some day) would have the
same power against NYt, NPR, & especially MSNBC & other darlings of the left (who also lie). So be careful what you wish for.
They may lie, but not on purpose and intentionally. That's the difference.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They may lie, but not on purpose and intentionally. That's the difference.
Hah! Fox's lies are intentional & but the others' are unintentional.
Goodness, I hope you warm up & stretch before such tortured twisting!

(You know I'm teasing out of affection, right?)

Revoltingest said:
It's that pesky old 1st Amendment.
The first amendment does not protect the right to blatantly mislead the public (something to do with fires in crowded theaters). That's why you can't say anything you want in a cigarette commercial, or put anything you want on a food label, or say clearly libelous things in a book, or give any sort of medical advice without threat of malpractice, etc.

Revoltingest said:
Great. I would be thrilled if Fox News were required to meet the same standards as NPR.