• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13 countries where apostasy is punishable by Death

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Meaning, in these countries you can be put to death for leaving the religion of Islam for another faith or becoming an atheist:

Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen are the relevant countries.

Where are these countries getting their information? Is there anything in the Quran or the life of the prophet that supports this?

There isn't a single Christian country where apostasy is punishable by Death. What is responsible for these policies being found in Muslim countries and not Christian countries?

Obviously these policies are there to prevent people from converting to another religion... however, it is policies like this that are increasing Islamaphobia, and will in the end hinder conversions.

Do you think these nations will become more tolerant? Do you think immigrants from these nations become westernized on average, or do they mainly bring that mentality to the West?

It's sad, that in our modern scientifically enlightened age, there are still 13 countries were simply converting to a new religion or becoming an atheist can be punishable by Death... What is the solution?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
FT_16.08.01_restrictions_blasphemy640px.png

These countries have blasphemy laws ... What's up with blasphemy laws in Russia? They went from being atheist to having blasphemy laws? I guess the pendulum swings to the opposite extreme sometimes...

Oh well at least they don't put people to death for blasphemy in Russia... That isn't the case for some of the other countries

Notanumber

A Free Man
There isn't a single Christian country where apostasy is punishable by Death. What is responsible for these policies being found in Muslim countries and not Christian countries?

Christian countries do not follow the Religion of Peace.

Do you think these nations will become more tolerant?

No.

Do you think immigrants from these nations become westernized on average, or do they mainly bring that mentality to the West?

It is part of the baggage.

It's sad, that in our modern scientifically enlightened age, there are still 13 countries were simply converting to a new religion or becoming an atheist can be punishable by Death... What is the solution?

A good start would be for the UN and western leaders to acknowledge that there is a problem with Islam.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Many religious people make the claim that their religion possesses the gold of pure wisdom, but religions that inspire laws against blasphemy and apostasy are evidence that whatever gold of wisdom they might possess is not refined and still mixed with its ore -- a fact that, ironically, tends to inspire more blasphemy and apostasy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Many religious people make the claim that their religion possesses the gold of pure wisdom, but religions that inspire laws against blasphemy and apostasy are evidence that whatever gold of wisdom they might possess is not refined and still mixed with its ore -- a fact that, ironically, tends to inspire more blasphemy and apostasy.
Ain't that the truth!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What's up with blasphemy laws in Russia? They went from being atheist to having blasphemy laws?

Apparently that was in response to the ***** Riot incident in which some members of that group did a music video inside an Orthodox church as a protest.

Blasphemy law - Wikipedia

The Union of Orthodox Citizens and MP of United Russia supported the proposal, the latter stating: "We really should make some amendments to the Penal Code in order to cool down these outcasts who have nothing else to do in their lives other than commit such offenses."[147][148]

The bill was accepted 11 June 2013.[149][150] According to art.148 of Russian Criminal Code 1 it is declared a federal crime to conduct "public actions, clearly defying the society and committed with express purpose of insulting religious beliefs". Part 2 of the same article places a stricter punishments for the aforementioned actions, when coupled with desecration of holy symbols and (or) religious texts.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
View attachment 19051
These countries have blasphemy laws ... What's up with blasphemy laws in Russia? They went from being atheist to having blasphemy laws? I guess the pendulum swings to the opposite extreme sometimes...

Oh well at least they don't put people to death for blasphemy in Russia... That isn't the case for some of the other countries
I notice a pattern....
Warm countries are more likely to want to kill me.

David1967

Premium Member
Well, all I can say is, thank God I wasn't born or live in any of those countries. And I don't plan on vacationing there either.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Its cultural,you have to understand jurisprudence,no true Scotsman blah blah

Is This A Religion_ Sharia Law_punishment For Adultery And ___.jpg
In hudud, Kelantan seeks sharper weapons to battle murder ___.jpg

Attachments

• ISIS judges chop off hand of accused thief in Raqqa, Syria ___.jpg
    ISIS judges chop off hand of accused thief in Raqqa, Syria ___.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0