• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

124.000 prophets through time.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I didn´t take it as a problem and I just informed you of a broader and natural perspective :)
Of course there is a broader persective than my tiny OP :)
My understanding and knowledge is limited and in progress :) still a lot to realize for sure

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
313 Messengers from 124000 Anbiya was part of propaganda to confuse people about difference between Anbiya and Rusul. I don't believe in those hadiths as I believe they contradict Quran.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These roles are holy in Quran:

Nabi = receiver of divine communication between God and humanity.
Rasool = The clear Message deliverer in minds of humans
Imam = Leader that Guides by God's Authority/Command
Shahid = Witness who sees everyone's deeds and will hold them account to them on day of judgment
Naqeeb = Captain that navigates society as God's Name and Authority
Haad = Guide who can perform miracles in each time
Da'iAllah = Caller to God and this occurs per his permission, exact role of Magnet pulling to God
Malak = King anointed by God, he holds authority over humans and Jinn regardless if people acknowledge him or not.

A non-Nabi Rasool = Message in own words without revealing divine book from God
A non-Rasool Nabi = Receiver of a divine book without needing to convey the clear message (because it's established by the people)

Almost all Rusul were Anbiya and vice versa.

Allah (swt) put end to Nubuwa meaning there will be no more channeling of revelation/scripture from God, but the rest of the roles Mohammad (s) had he didn't say were ending. Rather, God emphasized on succession to them.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was not familiar with him so Dhu al-Qarnayn - Wikipedia - the side-by-side translation of the Quran is interesting because of the differences.

@Seeker of White Light 's OP is about there being many prophets throughout history and the purpose of such figures. Other's are to me nit picking details that are not relevant to the OP which is about the purpose of religion and the presence of prophets in many different areas all with the same purpose. This is the same as Hazrat Inayat Khan's prayer indicated:

And in many other names and forms,
Known and unknown to the world.

It is something I agree with and endorse.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
In totalt God sendt 124.000 prophets from the very beginning of time ( according to sufi teaching) why you may ask? A reason for this may be so all humans through time would have a spiritual teacher from God to seek wisdom from.

But could they all be correct? If they truly do come from God then yes, but their teaching may have been given in different ways, different levels of wisdom from God, so all humans could find the teaching that they understood.

So there is no reason to call out people from different religious beliefs because they "believe the wrong God"
No human being will have the exact same understanding of Gods message even within the same religious path, the vail that is in front of our understanding would have to be removed, and that is what spiritual practice is all about, removal of the vail keeping us from seeing the truth.

Religious and spiritual practice is not about being better than others, it is a "tool" to open our being up to see our own vail, then to practice until each vail disapear.

No need to harm or do ill will in Gods name.

Is it necessary to rely on any prophet?
What does Sufi teaching say about being spiritually inspired directly from God?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Prophet and messengers guides the practitioner, but sufism also say the practitioner should think for them selves, observe and learn from life it self.

In my understanding to be guided or take inspiration directly from God is the most pure path. But it is not the easy one ( no spiritual path is easy)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was not familiar with him so Dhu al-Qarnayn - Wikipedia - the side-by-side translation of the Quran is interesting because of the differences.

@Seeker of White Light 's OP is about there being many prophets throughout history and the purpose of such figures. Other's are to me nit picking details that are not relevant to the OP which is about the purpose of religion and the presence of prophets in many different areas all with the same purpose. This is the same as Hazrat Inayat Khan's prayer indicated:

And in many other names and forms,
Known and unknown to the world.

It is something I agree with and endorse.

I was looking at a prayer regarding Imam Mahdi (A):

Du`a Ahad Duas.org

(click 2nd form)

In it:

O' mymaster this is my covenant and You arethe xecutor of my promise,
O'my master join my covenant and execute my promise,
I believe in You.
I requested from You with Your Arab veil,
Your none Arab veil,
Your Hebraic veil,
Your ancient veil,
Your Roman's veil,
Your Indian veil,

to make firm Your cognizant with care,
You are invisible God,
You are the elevated prospect.

This may mean every culture has a breath of God still lasting in them from divine revelations and everyone contributes to God's light.

It's not the Arab veil contains all the light.

Last edited:

Clara Tea

In totalt God sendt 124.000 prophets from the very beginning of time ( according to sufi teaching) why you may ask? A reason for this may be so all humans through time would have a spiritual teacher from God to seek wisdom from.

But could they all be correct? If they truly do come from God then yes, but their teaching may have been given in different ways, different levels of wisdom from God, so all humans could find the teaching that they understood.

So there is no reason to call out people from different religious beliefs because they "believe the wrong God"
No human being will have the exact same understanding of Gods message even within the same religious path, the vail that is in front of our understanding would have to be removed, and that is what spiritual practice is all about, removal of the vail keeping us from seeing the truth.

Religious and spiritual practice is not about being better than others, it is a "tool" to open our being up to see our own vail, then to practice until each vail disapear.

No need to harm or do ill will in Gods name.

Modern prophecy is about stupidity, not wisdom. God's wisdom was already written in a chapter of the bible called Revelation. The gist of Revelation: Attack Iraq, face God's wrath (example: Revelation 15 (seven plagues).

God believes that humans are stupid, because he already sent the prophecy of Revelation through the psychic St. Thomas the Divine, but people don't heed God's warning(s). In Revelation, God made a commandment to the world....don't attack Iraq).

So, God made modern prophets, as a second warning not to attack Iraq, but no one heeds them because the United States was gripped in fear after 911. It was the same prophecy of Revelation, but was meant as one last chance to warn people to heed God. The modern prophecy could not possibly be wrong because it agreed completely with the prophecy in Revelation. President W. Bush lied us into a war, claiming that secret intelligence showed him a connection to terrorism. Brave and patriotic citizens joined the US military to defend America from the Al Qaeda, but W. Bush made them fight the wrong enemy that had nothing to do with terrorism (killing 1,000,000, and making torture camps around the world like the one in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, designed to evade US treaties against torture).

I know many modern prophets of God because, by defying God by making a war in Iraq, that started the end times. God told his modern prophets that they can't brag that they are doing God's work because God is jealous. That is, worship of prophets would detract from worship of God. People would listen to the prophet and not heed God.

By not bragging, the prophets were ignored.

Satan rules by fear, deception (often telling people that he is fighting evil on God's behalf), greed (lower taxes, and fracking next to houses with no regards to humans or the environment), apathy (Hurricane Katrina). Satan can be recognized by the trail of blood (wars) that He leaves in His wake.

Since the modern prophets said nothing new (just rehashed the info in Revelation), they cannot be called false. All of the info of the new prophets has already been written in the bible (Revelation).

Yet, even the modern prophets started wondering if they were going crazy....it isn't often that people communicate with God and God answers. Various prophets were told the screen names of other prophets who would contact them on the internet. That was a bit scary. But these prophets were nice, and just wanted to help. They were sort of a support group for each other, and assured each other that they were sane. Some were scientists and could find no explanation for ESP (Extrasensory Perception), so they thought that they were going crazy.

God allowed his psychics to prove to themselves that their psychic powers were real, before contacting the world. Thus, they were predicting a variety of things, and sensing each other from great distances. They would hold up fingers and ask other psychics how many fingers they were holding up, and they were always right (though hundreds of miles away on the internet).

All of the psychics sensed President W. Bush. It was like sensing Darth Vader, it was extremely evil, and extremely powerful.

Of course a powerful demon, like the beast (or his father, the dragon, who both attacked Iraq) would choose to inhabit a president. It would make no sense for the Prince of Darkness to be utterly powerless in a wimp's body.

The extreme evil and extreme power was almost enough to dissuade many psychics from helping God. They didn't want to tangle with pure evil.

Many of the prophets of God already were the world's most gifted psychics. For example, one worked for Edgar Cayce's organization "Association for Research and Enlightenment." Prior to that, she had been an advisor to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to locate a sunken Soviet submarine in the Atlantic Ocean. She told me that I had a specific cancer in a specific place (which I did). I could feel the extreme heat of her power over the internet. I had to open a window to cool off. Playing around with the psychic ability, I put my hands on the computer, and she did on her end....the result was that her power accidentally burned my hands, and they swelled up to about twice the thickness and turned red. She was mortified as a psychic healer, because she believed in never doing harm. She told me that the CIA abused her and made her do things that God didn't want them to do. Psychic David Moorehouse wrote a book about the CIA abusing him, too.

President GHW Bush and his son W, funded the CIA's project MKULTRA which dealt in ESP, narcotics like LSD (Agent Olsen jumped from a hotel window to his death....a sheriff was permanently destroyed by LSD secretly put in his coffee...etc). MKULTRA also dealt with the dark arts....the kind that both Bush presidents and grandpa (Prescott Bush) were into....Skull and Bones. In Skull and Bones, Prescott stole the skeleton of Geronimo, the famous Indian, and performed many Satanic rituals with it at Skull and Bones. At Skull and Bones, they would stir cauldrons of unspeakable filth (eye of newt, toe of toad, etc). They would say incantations to their lord, Satan. (Source of Geronimo at Skull and Bones....Wikipedia link below).

List of Skull and Bones members - Wikipedia

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Muhammad. In Islamic traditions, the number of prophets is put at 124,000 and that of
messengers of God at 313.

@Link

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in the hadith about the 313, as I have come across this in Baha'i history, I think from memory it is also in relation to the 'Black Standard'.

If you have the hadith that talk about the 313, I would be thankful.

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member

In Sufi traditions, its called Tasawwuf. Its connection to the divine. Vis a vis, God.

Tasawwuf is a simple word used by Muslims before the Sufi orders started to emerge, but the Sufis believe that their way is original. So its like a sectarian superiority complex. Sunnis and Sufis both think they are superior. You will notice, the Sufi does not frequently use the word Islam, they use Sufism more often. But this is a new thing. For example, someone like Ibn Arabi who was the Sufi foremost philosopher does not use the Sufi word as a replacement. The word Sufi comes from Tasawwuf.

The background is coming from Salat or prayer itself. Salat means connection. Some people started to believe that if they practice certain things like rituals and dhikr or repeated recital of Gods name for example and getting into that frenzy mode, you can connect to God. Sufis vehemently believe in this and that's what they seek. This practice is called halara in most of the world. A fringe group in Sunni, Shii, Wahabi, groups practice this. But Sufi's believe they can actually transcend human nature into a divine nature and build a closer connection with God. They are called saints. The same practice and belief exists in both Sunni and Shii schools. Just that they are all ignorant of each other. But in what call "Orthodox" in Sunnitradition, this belief is considered heresy. Humans are always human, they dont become saints, or at least that's the main-stream belief. In Sunni modern tradition, a Sufi who is a Sunni is called a Sufi because he is known to be just very religious.

So Sufis believe they can transcend human nature and become saints. Then they are directly inspired spiritually, by God himself.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What about all the religions and non-religions that don't believe in prophets at all? Are they excluded from this 'divine plan'?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What about all the religions and non-religions that don't believe in prophets at all? Are they excluded from this 'divine plan'?
No, the Prophet of other religions may be called masters, teachers, Guru and so forth. So they are not forgotten or excluded.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
124.000 is the totalt nummer of prophets and messengers from All the religions and spiritual paths not just from Islam or sufism.
The quran do mention 25 prophets from Adam to Muhammad but 4hat does not mean there were only 25 prophets in history of mankind.
Why isn't it 125 000?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have no need to suggest anything, I only answered a question:)
It's an ongoing challenge, this projecting of Abrahamic ideas onto dharmic religions. We're VERY different. There simply is no concept akin to prophet in the dharmic view. But sure, go ahead, if you feel the need to project your personal beliefs onto others.