• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your First Video Game

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What was the first non-arcade video game you played, and what system did you play it on?

Mine was tennis/hockey/handball on the Coleco Telstar.
coleco-telstar.png
I think road rash from EA sports. That's the one I remember as the earliest at least.
1705217593176.png

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The only video game I have played was Space Invaders, and that was in pubs in the 1970s, As I recall.
I remember there was a Space Invaders and a Pac-Man machine at Country Cupboard up the street from my high school. Every day at lunch, I and some friends would walk up there and play. I wasn't so good at Pac-Man, but I rocked Space Invaders.

But since we're talking arcade games (I started high school in 1980) my two favorites were Tempest and Star Wars. Those were the days where you would put your initials in and it would show the top scorers. I was alway #1 on the Tempest game and was in the top 3 at Star Wars.

I remember there was a Star Wars game in the Air Force tech school rec room at Lowery that the back panel was loose on and you could click a switch that would run up the game credits. I played that game for hours at a time.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I remember there was a Space Invaders and a Pac-Man machine at Country Cupboard up the street from my high school. Every day at lunch, I and some friends would walk up there and play. I wasn't so good at Pac-Man, but I rocked Space Invaders.

But since we're talking arcade games (I started high school in 1980) my two favorites were Tempest and Star Wars. Those were the days where you would put your initials in and it would show the top scorers. I was alway #1 on the Tempest game and was in the top 3 at Star Wars.

I remember there was a Star Wars game in the Air Force tech school rec room at Lowery that the back panel was loose on and you could click a switch that would run up the game credits. I played that game for hours at a time.
Oh you're right! I had forgotten Pac Man. That came before Space Invaders, didn't it?

(Apologies for taking the thread off-piste. I'll shut up now.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Road Rash was a pretty good game.
Though, i liked Twisted Metal better.
Now you're talking!

Twisted Metal is one of my all-time favorites for car combat games involving psychopaths and their lethal vehicles.

I love the storyline as well and all the back stories of each of the characters.

My favorite will always be Sweet Tooth.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
If I recall correctly, it was early 80's with Pong, Defender and something with tanks that may have been Combat. On the Atari system.

My brother and I figured out how to express "potty humor" with the latter much to my mother's chagrin. Dad thought it was funny.

I also remember that I didn't realize that Defender had a setting for a very easy to win version and that same brother let me think I was getting really good at it and then would switch to the more difficult version and beat me every time until I figured out what was up.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Now you're talking!

Twisted Metal is one of my all-time favorites for car combat games involving psychopaths and their lethal vehicles.

I love the storyline as well and all the back stories of each of the characters.

My favorite will always be Sweet Tooth.
Warthog all day long

kmjnb.JPG

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
‘Quite extreme?’ Lol! When I saw the trailer for the latest version of MK, I was genuinely shocked.

Back then in the 90s, MK was my world. I had the first two video games, the soundtrack on cassette, the first two movies on VHS, a 3D cartoon movie on VHS, and the soundtrack for the first movie on cassette.
When I started playing MK I chose Scorpion as my main character to play because SubZero was the most played character.
Then Scorpion got popular so i switched over to Shang Tsung.

Though he is one of the most difficult characters to master, it is well worth it.

Then I was introduced to Killer Instinct.
My favorite character is Glacier.

Then I got my hands on Bloody Roar.
Cant remember his name, but he is the Mole dude.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What was the first non-arcade video game you played, and what system did you play it on?

Mine was tennis/hockey/handball on the Coleco Telstar.
coleco-telstar.png
Mine was California Games on a DOS pc back in the 80's. I have no idea what the specs of the pc were. I only remember it had no internal harddrive and everything was done with floppy disks.

1705329583778.png

1705329610923.png

The game I later wasted many more hours on on that same machine was Leasure Suite Larry. It came on several floppy disks and at semi-random times in the game it would tell me to put in "disk nr 1/2/3" :D

1705329760433.png

1705329773307.png

1705329828923.png

Man, those screenshots take me back.........

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Descent

On the PC in 1996

It took me hours to work out that I had to press the A key to move myself forwards

The Level 7 boss traumatised me, I could not get past it and its companions

I still have nightmares about it to this day, and it was hellish, it lived in a huge room full of lava