• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your First Video Game

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What was the first non-arcade video game you played, and what system did you play it on?

Mine was tennis/hockey/handball on the Coleco Telstar.
coleco-telstar.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't remember which system we had but:

(Note to everybody: don't bother watching the whole video. It doesn't get any more interesting)
Yes but it was the complete whole game with no DLC required to make a complete game, and it was thoroughly tested for reliability and smooth gameplay without bugs and glitches.

Knowing developers today , they would probably force you to buy the other side's paddle.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Shaul

Premium Member
This goes waaaaay back. I used to play "Hamurabi" on IBM mainframes before there were any arcade games or PCs. I also used to play Wolfenstein on earlier computers.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Video game? Atari 2600 games. I don't remember which was the first one. Computer games? "Hunt the Wumpus" was early but not the earliest one. Probably the earliest one was Hamurabi, another teletype game released in 1968 but I probably played it a bit later. Hammurabi Game - Play Hammurabi Online in case you want to experience what we did when we were out in the tall grass at the dawn of civilization.