• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your First Video Game

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Descent

On the PC in 1996

It took me hours to work out that I had to press the A key to move myself forwards

The Level 7 boss traumatised me, I could not get past it and its companions

I still have nightmares about it to this day, and it was hellish, it lived in a huge room full of lava
I loved this game and its sequel on the PS1. I also have it on Steam, but that requires fidgeting with a DOS emulator. Forsaken for the N64/PS1 was a very similar game, and it has a nice remaster available on Steam.

This game was made by some of the original creators of Descent:

There's also this coming out soon:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I loved this game and its sequel on the PS1. I also have it on Steam, but that requires fidgeting with a DOS emulator. Forsaken for the N64/PS1 was a very similar game, and it has a nice remaster available on Steam.

This game was made by some of the original creators of Descent:

There's also this coming out soon:
wow those both look awesome!

in one of the vids in one of the links you posted I saw a hint of one of those red guided missile robots from Descent

I won't be buying them though, they look too scary!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Tetris, on one of these

1200px-Tetris_on_Game_Boy.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Legend of Zelda on regular Nintendo. Or at least it's one I remember as the first. We also had (still have) a Sears Atari thingy, but I didn't play it much.

justaguy313

Premium Member
The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum in 1985 I think. I couldn't play it,, because I was not fluent in english. Then I got PSSST from a local radio station and recorded it on cassette. That was the beginning of piracy:)

Last edited:

☆Dreamwind☆

I was really little, and don't exactly remember. But if I had to guess based on my memories, it was probably either Pac-Man or Centipede at the arcade. For computers, I think it was Battle Chess. Consoles, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, and handhelds...it was Tomy Tiger's Aladdin. Bleh.

Thorbert

I was really little, and don't exactly remember. But if I had to guess based on my memories, it was probably either Pac-Man or Centipede at the arcade. For computers, I think it was Battle Chess. Consoles, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, and handhelds...it was Tomy Tiger's Aladdin. Bleh. **mod edit**
These are great games. They are remembered by every video game fan from those days. Personally, I was always fascinated by Super Mario

Last edited by a moderator: