• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes, I Am an Arab

Draka

Wonder Woman
See, that's just it. I was never angry in the first place. Still aren't. I tried to make a point about something that was said, something that was actually a reality and not a "what if", and suddenly I'm a white hater, who's angry to boot. Was even told my beliefs, my spirituality, was "angry". I see that stuff and I figure the person is trippin out over who knows what. Someone lashes out at me, personally attacks me, over what...a point that we in the US see more White American Christians committing crimes than we see Arabs (yet you don't see an inherent fear of white Christian men here) so the irrational fear of Arabs isn't really a true "under attack" based thing...and I tend to respond with quips. I tend to find it laughable that someone gets so riled up about something that they don't address the point, they address me...with snide insults. I find it funny and do tend to react by goading them into keeping it up.

I'm assuming perhaps psychoslice may have been having a bad time during our exchange and he ripped on me because I was just here. Otherwise, I still don't understand what the issue is. :shrug:

Flankerl

So by writing that 90% of the natives already had died before the English arrived I actually wrote that the English were peaceful.

Great logic. Except its not.

Flankerl

Don't spin my point.

You have got to be kidding.

"And all the English did to the Native Americans was bring them roses, right?" is what you wrote.
"Bring them roses" implies a peaceful nature.

Or what does it imply? Please elaborate.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

"And all the English did to the Native Americans was bring them roses, right?" is what you wrote.

My point is that you were merely quibbling in your criticism of DS's remarks. Nit-picking. DS's remarks did not logically preclude that diseases introduced by the Spanish had already decimated the Natives of North America, but what you said seems to indicate that you believed his remarks did. They could have been taken in good faith as merely a statement of one factor among others.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female

Of course colonialism is a word unknown at that era, my nasty garnd ma created that word,how bad she was. Or it meant strawberry milk of its kind. The lands called as new amsterdam and/or new york or haaerlem means a lot for the natives. Ohh,come on native americans used to speak oxford english:)))

Flankerl

My point is that you were merely quibbling in your criticism of DS's remarks. Nit-picking. DS's remarks did not logically preclude that diseases introduced by the Spanish had already decimated the Natives of North America, but what you said seems to indicate that you believed his remarks did. They could have been taken in good faith as merely a statement of one factor among others.

You know its really bad to complain about nit-picking when you yourself do it.

But hey suit yourself.

Of course colonialism is a word unknown at that era, my nasty garnd ma created that word,how bad she was. Or it meant strawberry milk of its kind. The lands called as new amsterdam and/or new york or haaerlem means a lot for the natives. Ohh,come on native americans used to speak oxford english:)))

Its good that you found out that sarcasm exists but you can't really use it.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
You know its really bad to complain about nit-picking when you yourself do it.

But hey suit yourself.

Its good that you found out that sarcasm exists but you can't really use it.
Teach me about flankerlism,soon I will learn. There is hope for me,I guess.