• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes, I Am an Arab

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Recently, I've seen some posts here that implied that Arabs are "camel herders," "terrorist sympathizers," and "bloodthirsty people." Apparently some people are confusing all Arabs for ISIS supporters and camel herders (never mind how cliche and blatantly racist that latter stereotype is).

Well, to state the abundantly obvious, not all Arabs are terrorist sympathizers or "bloodthirsty" people. Furthermore, most Arabs rarely see a camel. I find it sad that I have to state these facts; I didn't even think I would need to if it hadn't been for certain people here. It seems quite biased to focus on Arabs and accuse them of being pro-violence when nearly every current global superpower has participated in or supported violence of one sort or another overseas. Yet most of us agree that it would be beyond foolish to accuse the citizens of those countries of supporting violence because of what a minority (including the government) of them are doing.

Even among the religious conservatives I know, very few support violence terrorism or sympathize with ISIS. Personally, I support gender equality, religious pluralism, and LGBT rights, and I'm against violence of any kind except in self-defense. I'm also planning to be a women's rights and possibly an LGBT rights activist someday. The implication that I'm a "camel herder" or "terrorist sympathizer" just because of my ethnicity and/or nationality is beyond ignorant and offensive. The only reason I'm not that offended by it is that I know how obviously false it is.

So, yes, I'm an Arab, and I'm not ashamed to say that. Deal with it.

Bob-Ropes.jpg

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
So ,who is an arab???
An arab is the good looking one with full lips under a shade of mustache with most beautiful eyes in the world. The arab can speak good english with a lovely and meaningful ascent ( think about french ascent in english). But the way better is the black muslim .

Draka

Wonder Woman
There are not any bad humans,just the conditions have made some of them look nasty. You would not think school killing maniacs of USA to be terrorrists ,so why arabs?
Maniacs who shoot up schools are terrorists. Unfortunately so many here don't seem to want to admit that. White men, often Christians, commit the most heinous mass killings in the U.S. and bring that up, point it out that those are terrorist actions and you get mostly :hearnoevil::seenoevil::speaknoevil:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
So ,who is an arab???
An arab is the good looking one with full lips under a shade of mustache with most beautiful eyes in the world. The arab can speak good english with a lovely and meaningful ascent ( think about french ascent in english). But the way better is the black muslim .

How did you see the mustache behind the burqa?

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Maniacs who shoot up schools are terrorists. Unfortunately so many here don't seem to want to admit that. White men, often Christians, commit the most heinous mass killings in the U.S. and bring that up, point it out that those are terrorist actions and you get mostly :hearnoevil::seenoevil::speaknoevil:
I cannot help this out,wish I were

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Recently, I've seen some posts here that implied that Arabs are "camel herders," "terrorist sympathizers," and "bloodthirsty people."
Do you have sufficient examples of this to make that claim? I think many times people of groups get persecution complexes and defend them by exaggerating the situation.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Do you have sufficient examples of this to make that claim? I think many times people of groups get persecution complexes and defend them by exaggerating the situation.

I have an example... it is religiousforums.com :D

Well as long as no one is accused of it by name, there is no problem at all.

Flankerl

I've seen some posts here that implied that Arabs are "camel herders,"

There actually was context to this. Though I now know why it was deleted. Oh well.

unlike what the English did to Native Americans.

That's historically not accurate. 90% of the Indians/Native Americans died long before a single soul from England set foot on the Continent.
There is a reason why the settlers only encountered small tribes in North America. (inb4 Huron Confederacy)
They all died of the various plagues the Spanish in particular imported. This eventually swapped from Central America to the South and even the North due to the local trade network.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I just have not seen what you are claiming on RF.

I'm not claiming anything. I don't even know what posts or possible posters DS is referring to really. The topic about Arabs here sounds similar to me with many posts generalizing Muslims so I made my first post in this thread. I think it is post #3.

It was a remark on how RF could get crazy at times, and many members get warnings and/or banned for it. It was not a serious remark really.

Maybe you have specific members in mind you think he's pointing at?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Maybe you have specific members in mind you think he's pointing at?
No I don't know of any that make such obviously ignorant comments is what I am saying. I was saying perhaps overly-sensitive people might exaggerate the situation.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
No I don't know of any that make such obviously ignorant comments is what I am saying. I was saying perhaps overly-sensitive people might exaggerate the situation.

And what you are saying makes perfect sense too. I also like that you said "perhaps" and "might". This means you also believe that the opposite; i.e. no exaggeration and there is no over-sensitivity, are possible too.

Well let's just think of the main point DS wants to convey.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

I can't quote the posts I had in mind, as they are no longer there. We don't allow that kind of racism here.

Jumi

Well it can't be helped. People still have a tribal way of looking at things that's not going away soon.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I still don't get it. Can just anybody be Arab by saying that they are?