• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Wrong With You? Or.....How Are You Abnormal?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A picture of my chest at age 14 is hidden away in some medical journal under 'pityriasis rosea' as an extreme example.

pityriasis-rosea1.jpg
Isn't there a rule against posting erotic images?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
ADD, anxiety (although it was way worse when I was younger, very shy and social phobic as a kid), probably a little OCD, procrastinates, frugal miser, bad sight in left eye but never wear my glasses, could stand to eat better and exercise more, on meds for high cholesterol, and a misbehaving thyroid.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a bearded lady. I have PCOS and even controlled with medication I could easily grow a beard. I shave though, because it's a little patchy and no one wants that.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well I'm a bear pretending to be a man that might just be a bear....

serious answer
2 bad knees from injury
broke the same ankle 3 times
Arthritis, hips, a shoulder, knees
Right eye does not see well due to an injury that caused a detached retina. Frankly the eye docs are rather surprised I see as well as I do out of it, their words not mine "no one sees that well after a total detachment"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm 71 *$%# years old and parts of me are not working like they used to. My strength is now less than a 15 year old girl's. My arteries are clogged, my brain has a hole in it from a stroke, my right knee tells me I'm never going to sit in a full lotus position, my hair is gone except for what's grey and white and I'm tempted to write "but wait, there's more". But I'm not from Saudi Arabia and I'm not a virgin so that has to count for something, doesn't it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm not interested in how healthy, popular, well adjusted, or successful you are.
I wanna know how you don't measure up in society!
So all you cripples, aspies, ne'er do wells, shut-ins, hoarders, & cretins speak up here.
Let's share our maladies!

I have Dupuytren's contracture.
It's a genetic defect bestowed upon mostly northern Europeastanic men.
It's aggravated by injury, & I crushed my left pinky finger twice when I was a kid.
Over me adult years, it curled up into a nasty thick little hook.
The only thing it's still good for is typing....a disease for the internet age, eh?
I can't wear gloves easily because I can't ever straighten it.
And I don't dare grab anything with it cuz I can't let go.

It is good for one thing.
When me daughter asks to see & touch my mangled finger,
just as she touches it, I yelp in pretend pain to startle her.
Works every time!

Edit:
My right index finger is starting to thicken up the way my pinky did.
This one matters more, so I might be facing surgery some day.
Oh, boy.

Well, I have no brain. They took a piece out and threw it in the wastebasket and now the spot it filled with some type of fluid.

I can't see peoples' full faces ten feet from me. Five feet, half their face goes in and out. Yet, I can see perfectly on a lap top only to remember I blew up the screen. Yet, when it's back to normal, although my head hurts, I can make out words even the eye doctors scratch their head on. Get this, and I carry a white cane just in case, approved, without being legally blind.

I don't like money. If I didn't need it, I wouldn't own it.

Don't know if any of that counts. The brain thing is creepy though.

I'm glad I was asleep for this.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel kinda inadequate in terms of this thread, but I have a whole litany of sports injuries I ignored for years which now cause aches and pains, especially in the cold.
These include a broken finger that mended crooked, a nose that doesn't like to be used for breathing due to multiple breaks, a chipped right shin bone with some matching cartilage issues, and chronically rubbish ankles. I don't have even one ankle ligament that isn't basically just scar tissue.

Still, in the scheme of things, these don't sound particularly life-impacting.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Oh, there's lots. Some of them I won't mention, for various reasons.

- I suffer from severe clinical depression and anxiety, which leads me to socially isolate myself from other people for days and weeks on end, without speaking to another person in person and my hygiene suffers because of it. (It also doesn't help that I don't have a working shower and don't have access to a washer and dryer at the moment.)
- I have no friends in real life and it's been years since I've hung out with anyone. I'm a social recluse.
- I've done self-injury before.
- I've been hospitalized for being suicidal.
- I've been through multiple severe traumas in life (physical and psychological abuse, abandonment, my beloved mom died of cancer this January at the age of 65, etc), leaving me with symptoms of PTSD.
- I suffered from stress-induced nosebleeds throughout elementary school.
- In the 8th grade, I developed severe IBS, which led to a series of tests and me missing a lot of school. I had to go to summer school twice because of it.
- I never finished high school because of my depression, IBS, the abuse I was going through and traumas that were occurring. I don't have a GED, either. So I'm almost unemployable.
- I've only had one paying job, when I was 19. I only had it for a few months because I tore a ligament in my left wrist and the management started treating me horribly, so I quit. My wrist never received treatment and it has bad tremors and numbness at times.
- I am obese and was bullied and teased for it throughout my life, leaving me with a very negative body image.
- I suffer from gender dysphoria, but it's not so bad at the moment because I'm on testosterone therapy.
- My skin is ruined from being bitten by bedbugs. Besides, that I have numerous scars from other things.
- I have astigmatism and wore glasses for it. My left eye is a lot worse than my right eye.
- I recently started having random grand mal seizures, so I suppose I have some sort of epilepsy.

Etc. I don't feel like going on.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I feel kinda inadequate in terms of this thread, but I have a whole litany of sports injuries I ignored for years which now cause aches and pains, especially in the cold.
These include a broken finger that mended crooked, a nose that doesn't like to be used for breathing due to multiple breaks, a chipped right shin bone with some matching cartilage issues, and chronically rubbish ankles. I don't have even one ankle ligament that isn't basically just scar tissue.

Still, in the scheme of things, these don't sound particularly life-impacting.
Toss in the fact that you Australiastanian, & you're a complete mess!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, there's lots. Some of them I won't mention, for various reasons.

- I suffer from severe clinical depression and anxiety, which leads me to socially isolate myself from other people for days and weeks on end, without speaking to another person in person and my hygiene suffers because of it. (It also doesn't help that I don't have a working shower and don't have access to a washer and dryer at the moment.)
- I have no friends in real life and it's been years since I've hung out with anyone. I'm a social recluse.
- I've done self-injury before.
- I've been hospitalized for being suicidal.
- I've been through multiple severe traumas in life (physical and psychological abuse, abandonment, my beloved mom died of cancer this January at the age of 65, etc), leaving me with symptoms of PTSD.
- I suffered from stress-induced nosebleeds throughout elementary school.
- In the 8th grade, I developed severe IBS, which led to a series of tests and me missing a lot of school. I had to go to summer school twice because of it.
- I never finished high school because of my depression, IBS, the abuse I was going through and traumas that were occurring. I don't have a GED, either. So I'm almost unemployable.
- I've only had one paying job, when I was 19. I only had it for a few months because I tore a ligament in my left wrist and the management started treating me horribly, so I quit. My wrist never received treatment and it has bad tremors and numbness at times.
- I am obese and was bullied and teased for it throughout my life, leaving me with a very negative body image.
- I suffer from gender dysphoria, but it's not so bad at the moment because I'm on testosterone therapy.
- My skin is ruined from being bitten by bedbugs. Besides, that I have numerous scars from other things.
- I have astigmatism and wore glasses for it. My left eye is a lot worse than my right eye.
- I recently started having random grand mal seizures, so I suppose I have some sort of epilepsy.

Etc. I don't feel like going on.
On the plus side, I hereby declare you the thread's winner!
May things improve for you.

Helvetios

Heathen Sapiens
Well, there's the cancer... :p

I also have some undefined-yet-significant liver problems from chemotherapy. I can't handle alcohol or caffeine very well, I'm now allergic to seafood, and chemo also pushed me into menopause at 22 (and man am I tired of it!). Still, it could be worse - at least I'm not in treatment anymore.

Mental health problems aren't really 'abnormal' but I did have depression for a number of years, and I'm currently getting treatment for some PTSD-related things.

Oh, and I had a severe infection as a baby that resembled meningitis but actually wasn't. No idea what it was. I mysteriously recovered after quitting the antibiotic cocktail they were giving me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am depressed from reading this thread. That is all...
No!
Rejoice!
Despite all that's wrong, we're still here, & we do have company.
Truly, ain't nobody perfect.
Some do have it rough though.
May their lot improve.