• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Wrong With You? Or.....How Are You Abnormal?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I have PMDD and it makes around two weeks out of each month challenging for me - emotionally, physically and socially. I've gotten better dealing with it over time and it helps that I have a wonderful family who love and support me, even when I feel like I'm unraveling. For years, I suffered from horrible migraines. I've gotten a grip on those and am no longer on medication for them, which is wonderful. It took two years to learn my triggers and to understand how PMDD relates to my migraines. I'm now living relatively migraine free and using only mild analgesics as migraines present. I've gotten good at avoiding triggers or better coping with triggers to curtail migraine.

I have very large pupils, which my neurologist felt contributes to my sensitivity to light and its relation to my migraines. Around the time I ditched using the overhead lights in my office and avoided exposure to cigarette smoke (and quit smoking myself), my migraines reduced. Thru behavioral therapy, I've been better able to handle emotional triggers.

My cholesterol is a little high, but, my doctor isn't concerned as I'm losing weight and it's common for a woman to have higher cholesterol after pregnancy and while nursing.

I did endure pregnancy induced hypertension with my most recent pregnancy. My doctor has kept me on blood pressure medication, though, my blood pressure has read within normal ranges since recovering. My parents both have high blood pressure and I'm no longer a spring chicken, so, I may need to remain on medication. That's okay.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I spend a lot of time on RF.

Don't mock me for it!
You spend a lot of time on RF?
Pbbbbbbtttttt!
I say you're a model of restraint & moderation.

bacon1.gif

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have mild arthritis in the right hip/back area with muscle spasms. I am so shy, when I talk on the phone, I can't speak without stammering.

dantech

I have a noticeably nasal voice. I was mocked for it many times (including by teachers at times) in my childhood when I mingled with people, but since I was homeschooled until middle school, things could have been worse; I'm pretty sure I would have been bullied a lot more if I hadn't been homeschooled.

I'm still self-conscious about the nasality of my voice in some situations to this day, but I have gotten far more confident over the years. I no longer sweat and blush (literally) while talking to people as a result of the nasality, for example.

Did anybody else read this with Janice's voice?

Milton Platt

I'm not interested in how healthy, popular, well adjusted, or successful you are.
I wanna know how you don't measure up in society!
So all you cripples, aspies, ne'er do wells, shut-ins, hoarders, & cretins speak up here.
Let's share our maladies!

I have Dupuytren's contracture.
It's a genetic defect bestowed upon mostly northern Europeastanic men.
It's aggravated by injury, & I crushed my left pinky finger twice when I was a kid.
Over me adult years, it curled up into a nasty thick little hook.
The only thing it's still good for is typing....a disease for the internet age, eh?
I can't wear gloves easily because I can't ever straighten it.
And I don't dare grab anything with it cuz I can't let go.

It is good for one thing.
When me daughter asks to see & touch my mangled finger,
just as she touches it, I yelp in pretend pain to startle her.
Works every time!

Edit:
My right index finger is starting to thicken up the way my pinky did.
This one matters more, so I might be facing surgery some day.
Oh, boy.

I am absolutely normal.....it's everyone else that is abnormal.