• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

How many video games do you own?

• None

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 1-5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 11-25

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 26-50

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 51-99

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 100+

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I used to have a 360

I had it for a few months and it stopped working!

Since then I have been a PS man

Will never get any kind of Xbox

Not after they failed me as they did

I had two 360's red ring on me. But never had issues with the original xbox, or other consoles since then. I'm also a Nintendo fan.

Never liked the PlayStation, mainly game selection and controller design are my complaints.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have a 360

The Xbox 360 had a defective design that led to the infamous "Red Ring of Death." Newer Xbox consoles have been much more reliable, and the Series X is a very capable machine for the price in terms of graphical capabilities.

I would say that PS5 has better exclusive games, but that's about it. I prefer PC either way, although even a mid-range gaming PC is a considerably costlier option than either console.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I used to have a 360

The original Xbox 360s had a manufacturing defect that caused them to overheat and die fairly quickly. Microsoft fixed it eventually by redesigning the console. They've never had problems like that before or since.

Nevermind, DS beat me to it.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I've just started playing Stellaris after grabbing it on sale from steam. First game I've enjoyed for many years.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Are they any good?

Or do you think I should wait for a PS7?
Screw consoles. Join the PC master race.

Not charged for multi-player which is a scam, and thousands upon thousands of games usually far cheaper await.

Not to mention superior graphics and upgradability.

I'm never going back to console ever again.

Twilight Hue

I might actually do that

I prefer strategy type games to shooting games and things like that
Then PC is the way to go. Superior graphics and speed , upgradability at competitive prices .. You will never ever ever see on console , actual thinking people's strategy games like Gates of Hell, Hearts of Iron series, Total War Series, Combat Mission series, Greg Grimsby Western and Eastern fronts , strategic command, U-boat, Arma series with few exceptions like reforger. Of course , there are more then just military sims to the strategy genre.

I just like being an armchair general with my strategic and tactical favorites. :0]

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Then PC is the way to go. You will never ever ever see thinking people's strategy games like Gates of Hell, Hearts of Iron series, Total War Series, Combat Mission series, Greg Grimsby Western and Eastern fronts , strategic command, U-boat, Arma series with few exceptions like reforger. Of course , there are more then just military sims to the strategy genre.

I just like being an armchair general with my strategic and tactical favorites. :0]
I've decided that in the new year I'll get myself a decent PC, and a big monitor too

I have fond memories of PC games from when I was young, such as Civilisation II and Sim City 2000

But I don't much like Hearts of Iron games, or the Victoria games although I do enjoy being an armchair general

I've never actually played a game in multi-player mode, I'd like to have a go doing that

Twilight Hue

I've decided that in the new year I'll get myself a decent PC, and a big monitor too

I have fond memories of PC games from when I was young, such as Civilisation II and Sim City 2000

But I don't much like Hearts of Iron games, or the Victoria games although I do enjoy being an armchair general

I've never actually played a game in multi-player mode, I'd like to have a go doing that
Oh yeah. Civilisation and Sim series games are a blast. One of my favorite sims is Jurassic Park, I have some clever gals in there. Heh..

I do a lot of retro with high to ultra graphics on my gaming laptop. The hardware is more expensive, but the game prices are a bargain particularly with Steam which you will never have with consoles. They have great deals and demos all the time for every pallet in gaming.

I had the option of getting a late console but for several hundred more I got the gaming laptop instead.

Never regretted my decision.

Hail the PC master race!!!!