• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

How many video games do you own?

• None

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 1-5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 11-25

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 26-50

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 51-99

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 100+

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hey all!

So I replaced religion with video games in my life. So far so good.

How many video games do you own? I have a little under 50. I've owned many more titles than that over my childhood and young adult life, but some of my consoles and games are lost to time.

I was gifted a Nintendo Switch, and have downloaded 30 games on it. The selection of games that the switch offers is insane!

I have my old Gameboy advance as well as a DS and a dozen or so games with them.

Favorite video game genres? Mine is strategy. Many strategy games in particular are exclusive to PC, so I will be getting one one day in order to play some game series. I am not dexterous at all, so video games that require agility I am not the best at. Pokemon all the way!

Favorite video games?
I love Pokemon, though I only have played the first four gens. Currently catching up though, and I play competitively online.
Metal Gear series is convoluted but a favorite.
The Last of Us is just toooo good not to mention.

I'm curious about you guys!
I like strategy and tactics mostly.

At present as i jump between titles as the mood directs.....

All the Arma games.

Hearts of Iron 4

All the X com games.

Star Ocean (JRPG)

Xenoblades chronicles 3 (JRPG)

Triangle Strategy (JRPG) fav!

Divinity 2

Call to Arms

Combat Mission

Front mission 1 and 2

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I like strategy and tactics mostly.

At present as i jump between titles as the mood directs.....

All the Arma games.

Hearts of Iron 4

All the X com games.

Star Ocean (JRPG)

Xenoblades chronicles 3 (JRPG)

Triangle Strategy (JRPG) fav!

Divinity 2

Call to Arms

Combat Mission

Front mission 1 and 2
Had a crack at Baldur's Gate 3 yet? It's kinda good...!!
Also, do you play any mods with HOI4?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Waaaay too many games to count.

My favorite genres are RPGs, and action-adventure games.

Elder Scrolls
Fallout
And Mass Effect (trilogy) are some favorites.

Currently I am playing Starfield, the new Bethesda IP and it is a lot of fun.
Baldur's Gate 3?

Viker

Häxan
I own 258. I'm a gamer, one more thing on a long list of attributes. PlayStation and Xbox.

Fall Out, Half Life, God of War, The Last of Us and Left for Dead round out at the top of my favorites. But I enjoy some of the Zelda and Final Fantasy series.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Not yet. I played 1 and 2 though.

I play HOI4 vanilla. No mods atm.

BG3 is great. They've done a very solid job incorporating D&D style flexibility and story telling to a videogame.

HOI4 has some pretty killer mods. I've played the Fallout one more than any other, although I think it's the alt history version of post WW2 that gets the most work/play.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
A couple of thoughts about video games:

1 - I would avoid "fast twitch" games, even if you have the dexterity. They alter your brain in ways similar to drug addiction.

2 - Well designed games keep you in "the flow state" by balancing challenge against skill. So when you start to get too good at a certain level of the game, the game should recognize that and bump you up to the next level. If you cannot get past a certain early level, that indicates poor game design.

FWIW, I play Go. It would be great to play in person, but I almost never get to do that, so I play online.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
A couple of thoughts about video games:

1 - I would avoid "fast twitch" games, even if you have the dexterity. They alter your brain in ways similar to drug addiction.

2 - Well designed games keep you in "the flow state" by balancing challenge against skill. So when you start to get too good at a certain level of the game, the game should recognize that and bump you up to the next level. If you cannot get past a certain early level, that indicates poor game design.

FWIW, I play Go. It would be great to play in person, but I almost never get to do that, so I play online.
You need to challenge @Revoltingest on Go.

Re game design, I mostly agree, but some games do well balancing dynamic and static difficulty.

Battle Brothers attempts to do that. Contracts your little mercenary band takes are dynamically set to challenge you based on your bands strength and numbers, but static camps/locations you can choose to attack, and end game challenges that occur every 100 days in the game are more static in terms of difficulty.

If you want to attack a camp full of orcs with three fisherman and a sharp stick, you can. It just won't end well.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I bought the newest Ratchet & Clank game for PS5 awhile back when it was on sale, but ironically, I can't motivate myself to play it right now.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I have a PS4 but I haven't touched in years

The guy I brought it off has died and it now reminds me of death which is the main reason I never use it