• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

How many video games do you own?

• None

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 1-5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 11-25

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 26-50

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 51-99

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 100+

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Hey all!

So I replaced religion with video games in my life. So far so good.

How many video games do you own? I have a little under 50. I've owned many more titles than that over my childhood and young adult life, but some of my consoles and games are lost to time.

I was gifted a Nintendo Switch, and have downloaded 30 games on it. The selection of games that the switch offers is insane!

I have my old Gameboy advance as well as a DS and a dozen or so games with them.

Favorite video game genres? Mine is strategy. Many strategy games in particular are exclusive to PC, so I will be getting one one day in order to play some game series. I am not dexterous at all, so video games that require agility I am not the best at. Pokemon all the way!

Favorite video games?
I love Pokemon, though I only have played the first four gens. Currently catching up though, and I play competitively online.
Metal Gear series is convoluted but a favorite.
The Last of Us is just toooo good not to mention.

I'm curious about you guys!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I have a few, no idea how many but rarely play them nowadays. Sometimes I'll play Civilization 3 but usually get sick of it after about 10 minutes. I also have a switch and liked Breath of the Wild but arthritis in my hands and slow reactions meant it got too hard pretty quickly so I gave up after a couple of weeks. The switch hasn't been turned on for close to 2 years. Everynow and then I download a new game from steam thinking I'll play but it doesn't happen, RimWorld was the last one, I tried the tutorial and decided it was too complicated.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I has a lot.

Ps5 on console, but lots on a steam account for my decent laptop.

I prefer games that require thought rather than reflexes, with Baldur's Gate 3, Crusader Kings 3, and Battle Brothers being my current games of choice.

All three are great, depending on what you're after, btw.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a few, no idea how many but rarely play them nowadays. Sometimes I'll play Civilization 3 but usually get sick of it after about 10 minutes. I also have a switch and liked Breath of the Wild but arthritis in my hands and slow reactions meant it got too hard pretty quickly so I gave up after a couple of weeks. The switch hasn't been turned on for close to 2 years. Everynow and then I download a new game from steam thinking I'll play but it doesn't happen, RimWorld was the last one, I tried the tutorial and decided it was too complicated.
What do you like in a game?

Not too complicated, but you appear willing to use your brain a little
No fast reflexes

What else?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't have a count, but its a collection that ranges from Atari to Ps4 and PC.
I haven't been much of a gamer as an adult, but lots of free time being disabled changed that.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
What do you like in a game?

Not too complicated, but you appear willing to use your brain a little
No fast reflexes

What else?

I played world of warcraft for years but arthritis ended it. I used to like RPGs but find the new ones too complicated. Civ 3 is my all time favourite game.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How many video games do you own?
None. I gave my console away to my daughter and the games along with it.

Favorite video game genres?
RPG and racing.

Favorite video games?
  1. TES. Started out with Oblivion, which was my favorite until Skyrim was released. I've also played Morrowind, but my favorite is Skyrim.
  2. Forza series. I had Motorsport 3 and Motorsport 4.
  3. Burnout Paradise.
  4. Split Second.
  5. Need for Speed
  6. Wreckfest

I've really wanted to play TES 6 when it's released, but while I glimmer of wanting to game from time to time, I really don't have the desire to play anymore.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I own over a hundred, all together. Most of them are digital, but I have dozens of physical games.

I enjoy psychological horror games and shooters (including tactical sims) the most, along with some RPGs and sports games here and there (I love racing series like Forza). I'm currently playing Scarface: the World is Yours and GTA IV (never finished it). Ive been playing older games lately.

Daemon Sophic

I have owned and played hundreds of video games over decades of time. I probably have more than 50 on the iPad that I am entering this post with. But most of these are trivial things to waste time on.

On my PC, I probably have half a dozen or so games.

Some of my favorite games over the years have been…. in no particular order;
- The Elder scrolls series by Bethesda.
- The Mass Effect trilogy.
- Masters of Orion 2.
- Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri.
- Freelancer
- the Escape Velocity series.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I own over a dozen games and I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XV.
I just bought the first final fantasy game on the switch. They have at least the first dozen or so on the switch. Gonna give it a whirl and see if Final Fantasy is enjoyable for me. Haven't played too many RPG's, but conceptually I like them.
Have you played the first FF? I was thinking of going with a red mage and no white/black mage in my party.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Sometimes I'll play Civilization 3 but usually get sick of it after about 10 minutes.
Dude SAME! But with Civ 6.

I have invested much money in it (bought it twice plus all the DLC) and i yet to complete a game of Civ ever in my life. Is on the bucket list tho.

Mainly waiting till I have a PC because I want to play it on there. There is access to fan made mods on the PC version, and last time I had one I turned my Civ game into a history simulator with historical spawn times and locations. Though the historical speed made the game much longer, and I never met much people beyond the romans lol.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Waaaay too many games to count.

My favorite genres are RPGs, and action-adventure games.

Elder Scrolls
Fallout
And Mass Effect (trilogy) are some favorites.

Currently I am playing Starfield, the new Bethesda IP and it is a lot of fun.