• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

How many video games do you own?

• None

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 1-5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 11-25

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 26-50

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 51-99

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 100+

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Seconded. More than half my life spent playing civ games at this point - I'm not sure I'll ever kick the habit.

I like civ 3 best. I just got a game called Stellaris, it's much like civ but in a galaxy, you build star systems instead of cities.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If they bring back a good Age of Empires or Rise of Nations, I might get back into strategy games. I miss those ones.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I probably have over 100, but that is inflated heavily by free games and giveaways. Ranging from Atari up PS4, now a Switch, and PC.
RPG and puzzle are my favorites, with a fondness for Zelda and Castlevania.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Speaking of sims I also enjoyed games like Theme Park and Theme Hospital.
The earthquakes spoilt Theme Hospital for me

If the equipment in a room got destroyed by an earthquake you could not delete that room and the space it occupied was always taken up :mad:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The earthquakes spoilt Theme Hospital for me

If the equipment in a room got destroyed by an earthquake you could not delete that room and the space it occupied was always taken up :mad:
Always something with some games. Speaking of earthquakes, I absolutely hate shaking cameras, particularly since when I bought Napoleon Total War which was a great game except you can't turn off the shaking, which would have been a game killer for me but I was lucky enough to pick it up real cheap on Steam but I still have to live with the irritating thing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Always something with some games. Speaking of earthquakes, I absolutely hate shaking cameras, particularly since when I bought Napoleon Total War which was a great game except you can't turn off the shaking, which would have been a game killer for me but I was lucky enough to pick it up real cheap on Steam but I still have to live with the irritating thing.
I don't like it either. In all reality, it violates a very basic camera rule, which is keep it steady (its why we have tripods), and a shaky camera rarely looks good on screen (not sure if I've seen an example where it doesn't look bad), but in games it's just horrible. It makes it hard to follow, is very distracting and as far as effects go it's probably the worst and least effective way to achieve the desired results.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't like it either. In all reality, it violates a very basic camera rule, which is keep it steady (its why we have tripods), and a shaky camera rarely looks good on screen (not sure if I've seen an example where it doesn't look bad), but in games it's just horrible. It makes it hard to follow, is very distracting and as far as effects go it's probably the worst and least effective way to achieve the desired results.
Same with Television for sure. That idiotic shaking of the camera someone stupidly thought was cool.

Jonas Mekas is one of the idiots that started it all and absolutely wreaked the viewing quality for a lot of people. It was so bad that theaters placed a warning of nausea and sickness while watching. Director Christopher Mcquarrie rightfully called it a gimmick according to the wiki.

In reality it makes the cameraman look like an amateur 12-year-old videographer rather than a professional.

At least it's sort of died out now thank my lucky stars.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Director Christopher Mcquarrie rightfully called it a gimmick according to the wiki.
Another thought on this (I didn't have the thread closed and sae your reply again); it's worse than autotune. That can at least be used an effect to add some variety. But over using it, and doing entire songs in it, is overkill. It sounds terrible, it's as obvious as colored contacts (I like wearing them because I like the dead and souless look they give your eyes), and its reason enough to question artist integrity.
Shaking the screen is like that but worse because it doesn't enhance anything, it's not an effect that helps draw you into it, it's annoying (can't see what you need to on the HUD), it's distracting and it's a lesson in why you don't necessarily need film school but it definitely helps (a lot) to take a class or two on the subject to know the basics. Including making sure you always have a working tripod for your camera. Amd they'll tell you it disorientates peoples, it makes people motion sick and nauseaus, it distracting because it's overkill with an effect that's over playing the actual content.