• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's supporters are trying to intimidate voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How did I miss that? ;) So who produced the egg then?
Here's how it works.
The chicken evolved from a critter we'll call a "foonblarg",
which was also an egg laying bird. (And no doubt tasty.)
There will be some arbitrary point at which one species
became another, ie, the foonblarg spawned a chicken.
And that chicken came from an egg.

Ana.J

Here's how it works.
The chicken evolved from a critter we'll call a "foonblarg",
which was also an egg laying bird. (And no doubt tasty.)
There will be some arbitrary point at which one species
became another, ie, the foonblarg spawned a chicken.
And that chicken came from an egg.

Sounds very scientific :) I can cross one mystery out of my list. Thank you :)

GoodbyeDave

Her campaign seems built upon inflaming fears of Russia.
She has proof! But it's secret proof. It can't be divulged, lest the Russians learn more about hacking. So we must take this proof on faith
So I suppose you think the FBI is part of her team? In fact, British intelligence sources have identified the group that hacked the DNC as probably the same one that tried to disrupt the British General Election. There's ample evidence for Russian cyberattacks and good reason for them to use such a technique: it's a lot cheaper than buying a new aircraft carrier! They had a famous practice run in 2007 against Estonia.

Nous

Premium Member
"Trump said to watch your precints. I'm going to go, for sure... I'll look for... well, it's called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can't speak American..." "I'm going to go right up behind them. I'll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I'm not going to do anything illegal. I'm going to make them a bit nervous."

Earlier in the video his supporters also rally against the danger of dead voters voting against them.

Trump is a cancer. Anyone who believes any of the words that come out of this man's mouth needs to really evaluate how much they are deluding themselves. He is so transparently a lying piece of scum that it's not even funny.
BTW:

“The Republican National Committee asked members to avoid election-related ‘ballot security’ activities, such as poll watching in their capacity as Republican Party officers, citing a decades-old court settlement restricting such activities by national GOP officials,” the Wall Street Journal reports.

“As part of a 1982 settlement in a lawsuit brought by Democrats, the RNC agreed to curb its efforts to monitor and challenge voter eligibility at the polls, especially in districts where the racial or ethnic composition of the electorate could be a factor in the outcome.”​

https://politicalwire.com/2016/10/20/rnc-asks-members-avoid-poll-watching/

This consent degree is supposed to be lifted this year--unless there is a violation of it, which Trump is clearly encouraging.

Lighthouse

"Trump said to watch your precints. I'm going to go, for sure... I'll look for... well, it's called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can't speak American..." "I'm going to go right up behind them. I'll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I'm not going to do anything illegal. I'm going to make them a bit nervous."

Earlier in the video his supporters also rally against the danger of dead voters voting against them.

Trump is a cancer. Anyone who believes any of the words that come out of this man's mouth needs to really evaluate how much they are deluding themselves. He is so transparently a lying piece of scum that it's not even funny.

It sounds like the real cancer is allowing a measly article and what 1 person says to intimidate and create fear.

People have every right to monitor in legal ways. I mean, there is already a 4:1 ratio I believe in favor of Democrats working the polls overall nationwide. You can try to take console in that and not fear, worry, or be intimidated by an article.

Lighthouse

But giving Russia the cold shoulder, reacting to their attacks... that is not WW3. The whole notion that she wants that is laughable.

There is evidence that Russia is behind these attacks. Just because most people don't understand it doesn't make it any less true.

False allegations are all it takes to breed the evolution of potential war.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The RNC is rather concerned that such intimidation would be covered by a consent decree that the RNC signed.

From Election Law Blog:

In the consent decree, “The RNC agreed that the RNC, its agents, servants, and employees would be bound by the Decree, ‘whether acting directly or indirectly through other party committees.” Does Trump count as the RNC’s agent in these circumstances? They are certainly acting in concert, and it is plausible to argue that Trump and the RNC are agents of each other for purposes of this election. Also, the activity Trump is talking about engaging violate the consent decree? One thing the consent decree says is that they must:

(e) refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial or ethnic composition of such districts is a factor in the decision to conduct, or the actual conduct of, such activities there and where a purpose or significant effect of such activities is to deter qualified voters from voting; and the conduct of such activities disproportionately in or directed toward districts that have a substantial proportion of racial or ethnic populations shall be considered relevant evidence of the existence of such a factor and purpose…

If this activity violates the consent decree, the DNC can ask for it to be extended for up to another 8 years.

Lighthouse

I haven't heard anyone knowledgeable on the subject who thinks they are false. It's always partisans looking to score points.

Who you find as knowledgeable is subjective. There are plenty of knowledgeable on the subject who thinks they are false, which would also be subjective.

Partisans will be inclined to see only their side, deeming everyone else as "not knowledgeable" on the subject or failing to even try to understand another's point.

Lighthouse

I haven't heard anyone knowledgeable on the subject who thinks they are false. It's always partisans looking to score points.

As for me, I can see both sides or truth to both sides.
I believe it was an inside job, inside sources.
But then, perhaps the DNC insiders were working for Wikileaks who was working for Russia. Perhaps not.
The one common denominator is that someone(s) want to try and expose Hillary. Who they are is all speculation and what someone wants to believe or speculate and some of this is the level of confidence/faith they put in the governments "words."

Nous

Premium Member
Does Trump count as the RNC’s agent in these circumstances? They are certainly acting in concert, and it is plausible to argue that Trump and the RNC are agents of each other for purposes of this election.
Yes, I think so. I think most any judge would agree that someone "monitoring" the polling stations that Trump specified and requested to be "monitored" would be acting as an agent of the party. They would obviously not be acting on behalf of Democrats or of themselves.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Please... you're going to use a notorious click bait site as your evidence??? I've got a bridge you want to buy in Arizona. Sure, I'll take payments. :D

Facts are tricky little devils; and the NYT was never a friend of G Bush.

Underhill

Who you find as knowledgeable is subjective. There are plenty of knowledgeable on the subject who thinks they are false, which would also be subjective.

Partisans will be inclined to see only their side, deeming everyone else as "not knowledgeable" on the subject or failing to even try to understand another's point.

I'm sorry but no. Some things you can claim are partisan. But you cannot make a claim like most refugees will end up in prison and claim that as reasonable. It is not supportable in any way shape or form.

Since 1975 we have admitted 3.2 million refugees. There are no more than 25,000 foreign nationals in prison for crimes other than immigration (which a refugee would not be imprisoned for). If we assume that every one of those 20k are refugees (which isn't likely) that would put the number at 6-7%. Realistically it is probably less than half that number.

Lighthouse

I'm sorry but no. Some things you can claim are partisan. But you cannot make a claim like most refugees will end up in prison and claim that as reasonable. It is not supportable in any way shape or form.

Since 1975 we have admitted 3.2 million refugees. There are no more than 25,000 foreign nationals in prison for crimes other than immigration (which a refugee would not be imprisoned for). If we assume that every one of those 20k are refugees (which isn't likely) that would put the number at 6-7%. Realistically it is probably less than half that number.

The bed quota is 33,000 minimum though, and many that are in prison have not committed any crimes.
There is a difference between public and private prison, immigration/refugee/asylum seekers prison and criminal prison.

Underhill

The bed quota is 33,000 minimum though, and many that are in prison have not committed any crimes.
There is a difference between public and private prison, immigration/refugee/asylum seekers prison and criminal prison.

And there is a difference between temporary housing for asylum seekers and prison.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So I suppose you think the FBI is part of her team?
I'd say "subject to undue influence", as the Lynch-Comey-Bill-Hillary subversion of justice so strongly suggests.
In fact, British intelligence sources have identified the group that hacked the DNC as probably the same one that tried to disrupt the British General Election.
I've no problem with the qualifying word, "possibly".
There's ample evidence for Russian cyberattacks and good reason for them to use such a technique: it's a lot cheaper than buying a new aircraft carrier! They had a famous practice run in 2007 against Estonia.
They attack us.
We attack them.
This has been going on a long time.
Even back in the 70s, a friend worked for the NSA doing a more primitive version of what's normal now.