• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rig Veda : English translation by T.H.Griffith

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Even the theists Hindus do not like it, because it lacks sincerity.
I don't take one as a spokesperson of all Hinduism Religions and their people. Is one? Please
But when I go to their temple, the people like and welcome me. And that is what matters. Right? Please
Regards

Satyamavejayanti

"paarsurrey, post: 4873979, member: 37462"

Namaste,

I have made a program to go to a temple with a friend. Even earlier I also have visited, but I don't like idols and their worship being done. I think it is against human dignity to worship an idol/statue. Is it commanded in Veda to make idols and statues and to worship them? Please

Veda is not commandments, but there could be something somewhere in them Mantras to support worship of Murthi.

I would say i think it is demeaning to worship anything at all, to me worshiping Allah is against human dignity, to me it is better to worship something seen and evident (Surya, Agni, Sivalinga, Murthi) then something imaginary (Allah, God).

But that is me.

Moses as per Torah killed 3000 from his own Judaism people who made a golden calf and started worshiping it. Moses even burned the golden calf and put the ashes in the river. One may get it confirmed from the Judaism people there are some members of them like friend. He will never hesitate and happily confirm it and provide its justification also.

This is worst then worshiping Idols/statues, those who (Muslims/Jews/Christians ect) will or intend to kill or harm a Human being for their beliefs and mode of worship are the worst kind of Animal, they have succumb to their Animal nature - they have become Pashu (animal) and left the Purush (human) behind.

Those who hate Idols and Statues are lacking artistic Rasa, Shruddha, and Bhakti, and are backward and ignorant in my opinion. This kind of ignorance leads to violence and breeds hatred among people, as we can see from the History of these kinds of religions, and as we can see in this day and age the amount of violence these ignorant Animals cause to innocent Human beings.

Stay away from this mindset

Dhanyavad

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Namaste,
Veda is not commandments, but there could be something somewhere in them Mantras to support worship of Murthi.
I would say i think it is demeaning to worship anything at all, to me worshiping Allah is against human dignity, to me it is better to worship something seen and evident (Surya, Agni, Sivalinga, Murthi) then something imaginary (Allah, God).
But that is me.
This is worst then worshiping Idols/statues, those who (Muslims/Jews/Christians ect) will or intend to kill or harm a Human being for their beliefs and mode of worship are the worst kind of Animal, they have succumb to their Animal nature - they have become Pashu (animal) and left the Purush (human) behind.
Those who hate Idols and Statues are lacking artistic Rasa, Shruddha, and Bhakti, and are backward and ignorant in my opinion. This kind of ignorance leads to violence and breeds hatred among people, as we can see from the History of these kinds of religions, and as we can see in this day and age the amount of violence these ignorant Animals cause to innocent Human beings.
Stay away from this mindset
Dhanyavad

Veda doesn't command to make statues/idols and to worship Idols, it prohibits it :
Yajurveda Chapter 40 verse 9 :
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-worship-idols-even-though-they-are-banned-in-their-religion

Regards

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Veda doesn't command to make statues/idols and to worship Idols, it prohibits it :
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-worship-idols-even-though-they-are-banned-in-their-religion

Regards

Wrong yet again! http://asitis.com/7/20.html It's not the idol that is worshiped, but the presence of God. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murti#Role_in_worship

Btw, in referring to your Quora link, you conveniently left out the detailed explanation of "idols" and "demi-gods" in the section written by Vijayaraghavan Iyengar a little ways down the page.

Last edited:

Satyamavejayanti

Regards

Namaste,

Jainaryana has already pointed out the Hindu response that you left out (or probably did not even bother to read) from the link you provided.

as for the Yajurveda 40.9. a better translation is below.

Those people, who worship separation-destruction and are playing in such activities only, they enter darkness (here darkness is ignorance) and get surrounded by it and those who worship making organisation-creation only, they also enter the darkness of ignorance.

Here SamBhuti means gathering/material/possibilities/organised and Asambhuti means division/immaterial unseen/impossible/not organised, and nowhere is there in the entire 4 Veda a prohibition on Murti Puja, if there is then please provide the Mantra.

PS: Allah would be considered Asambhuti or a impossibility.