• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now that the door is open, where does it close?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Marriage came from God, not man, so He has the right to define it. I don't understand why gays and atheists are making such a fuss over something created by God when they don't even believe in God.

Seems to me that a lot of ' religionists ', so to speak, are the ones fussing over what is Not their business to enforce.
God forces No one to forcefully establish His marital standard as the Law of any Land.
In other words, No religion is authorized by God to dictate to ' Caesar ' as to what standard ' Caesar ' chooses.
' Caesar ' stands in a relative position to God's absolute position. So, it is ' Caesar ' who answers to God.
Anyone wanting to be Christian, regardless of secular law, abides by God's marital standards - Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6

Marisa

What religion predates the Flood of Noah's day, or predates Genesis 2:24 ?
Mankind in general traces its religious family tree's roots back to ancient Babylon - Genesis 10:9-10
Who existed before Adam and Eve? According to Scripture we all trace back to one of Noah's 3 sons.
Moses had the genealogical ' book of generations ' - Genesis 5:1 - which was from Adam and carried by Noah through the Flood.

However, there is Nothing in Scripture stating that Christian marriage should be forced on anyone.
The God of the Bible has given His standard, and we get the free-will choice to listen to God or Not.
If a person wants the opportunity to live forever (as was offered to Adam before his downfall ) then in order to live forever one would have to adopt God's standards.
Prove the flood, without using the bible.

I'm guessing you won't understand anyway since it doesn't appear you understand evolution. This is what annoys me. The history of our species does not begin with christianity, or the Abrahanic religions. But even if it did, it wouldn't be an excuse to be an ******* to people who don't live up to your moral standards.

Looncall

What religion predates the Flood of Noah's day, or predates Genesis 2:24 ?
Mankind in general traces its religious family tree's roots back to ancient Babylon - Genesis 10:9-10
Who existed before Adam and Eve? According to Scripture we all trace back to one of Noah's 3 sons.
Moses had the genealogical ' book of generations ' - Genesis 5:1 - which was from Adam and carried by Noah through the Flood.

However, there is Nothing in Scripture stating that Christian marriage should be forced on anyone.
The God of the Bible has given His standard, and we get the free-will choice to listen to God or Not.
If a person wants the opportunity to live forever (as was offered to Adam before his downfall ) then in order to live forever one would have to adopt God's standards.
Noah? Genesis? Why should anyone not infected with your brand of superstition pay any attention to your collection of campfire yarns cobbled together by ignorant savages?
Religionists should keep their nonsense to themselves.

Nic.Doyle

Prove the flood, without using the bible.

I'm guessing you won't understand anyway since it doesn't appear you understand evolution. This is what annoys me. The history of our species does not begin with christianity, or the Abrahanic religions. But even if it did, it wouldn't be an excuse to be an ******* to people who don't live up to your moral standards.
This, this, so many times this. Not only are there cultures that predate Christ, but those societies, cultures, populations, had belief systems of their own.

Nic.Doyle

Since same sex marriage is legal they have now introduced into the public school system oral and anal sex education classes. What are your thoughts on this?

Here is what God says, just in case you're wondering.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Why should the door ever close? Our species is ever evolving. Our society changes with us. This is NOT a bad thing.

Personally I hope the next step is legalizing plural marriages for those who are polyamorous. It doesn't hurt anyone and would also allow us to create more jobs. How you ask? Think about how many people would get hired for all those weddings! The money spent on that alone would be worth something. Then there's the added income bonus, for example three people living together and sharing all expenses. It makes living more comfortable and happy for all involved. When people are happy and not hurting for money, they are more apt the spend it.

Then of course I could take on another husband or wife or both.

That being said, because there hasn't been proper sex Ed in most places, I happen to know someone who got chemical burns in her naughty bits because she thought sun screen would be a good enough lube and pregnancy prevention because it protected her skin right?

I'm all for great sex education. If I could, I would sit every junior high class down, I'd make them watch episodes from Laci Green's YouTube show Sex+.