• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now that the door is open, where does it close?

k4c

Since same sex marriage is legal they have now introduced into the public school system oral and anal sex education classes. What are your thoughts on this?

Here is what God says, just in case you're wondering.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Pfft, we Aussies were wondering when you sheltered American Schools were going to actually teach something about sex to your poor deprived kids.
Only kidding, of course.:D

Though I have a feeling that the sexual education/health classes we have in our public schools would make you lot blush redder than a capsicum. And we don't even have legal same sex marriage yet (hopefully soon.)

Marisa

Since same sex marriage is legal they have now introduced into the public school system oral and anal sex education classes. What are your thoughts on this?

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
I'd love to see documentation on the "fact" that we teach kids how to have sex at any age. LOL My guess is that you've confused education on how to be safe while having sex with education on how to have sex, but I'm open to being proven wrong.

Incidentally, are you aware of the stats on the age at which kids generally begin exploring sexually? Do you think it's important to their health to teach them how to be safe while teaching them about abstinence as an additional form of birth control? Do you think pregnancy is the worst thing that can happen to a sexually active person of any age?

Burning questions, but burning in a good way, and not an "it hurts to pee" way.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd love to see documentation on the "fact" that we teach kids how to have sex at any age. LOL My guess is that you've confused education on how to be safe while having sex with education on how to have sex, but I'm open to being proven wrong.

Yeeaaah... the rubbish sex-ed I had certainly didn't cover anything of that sort.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

For a God who's supposed to hate gay-people he sure does seem to make a lot of them..

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My thoughts are that you should cite your sourses. That said, I see nothing wrong with educating children about sex, how to be safe and responsible, and how to exercise good judgement. How does it benefit children to keep them ignorant and naive until they're 18 and then cut them loose into the world?

You mean what ancient goat herders said and then attributed it to god? It's not relevant.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

It's pretty much a "gimme" here at RF that we cite at least one source in the OP, so please do that.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
well darn....that quote of scripture counts me out.....maybe I can be forgiven......

It counts out everyone, except the celibate who are not idolaters, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, and/or extortioners....so I guess not even the celibate are guaranteed a pass.

gsa

Students should be taught comprehensive sexual education at age-appropriate levels, including information on sexual physiology, sexual intercourse (yes, including anal sex, oral sex and masturbation), as well as laws related to criminal sexual conduct and sexual harassment. What would be the point of keeping them uninformed?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'm not really concerned over what "God" says. It has no revelence or influence whatsoever as far as what a book says. Except of course for people who are Christians.

I think it's a good idea in light of sex education being what it is, which is educating people about the risks and rewards involved when any type of body fluid or material is involved. My only beef would be age appropriation involving classes like this and the context It's taught in.