• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorable & Meaningful Quotes

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
images

Deidre

“The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”

Bob Marley

This quote really struck me today, as not only is it true, but...it implies that we choose to suffer from being hurt; just because someone hurts us doesn't mean we must suffer. What an interesting quote.

This quote really struck me today, as not only is it true, but...it implies that we choose to suffer from being hurt; just because someone hurts us doesn't mean we must suffer. What an interesting quote.

human nature... it's frightful to think of it any other way. I am thankful for our nature personally...

"there is more good in the world" -WarpCapableVessel

Deidre

"love hurts" -Nazareth

I would rather be hurt by everyone than to feel nothing for them at all... our standard relationship with others, even everyday people that we do not know... is of love.

I'm not quite where you're at yet with the whole concept of love. ^_^
That quote...'it's better to be loved and lost, than to never have loved at all,'' still mystifies me a bit. lol

To love and lose...hurts. I suppose I learned valuable lessons throughout those instances, but still. Ever notice lessons rarely come without a little suffering?

I'm not quite where you're at yet with the whole concept of love. ^_^
That quote...'it's better to be loved and lost, than to never have loved at all,'' still mystifies me a bit. lol

I like that quote too... but love isn't just for relationships, that's intimacy.

Love is the Law... and by default whether people realize it or not, the majority of us communicate even on the most basic level with love... just to wave at someone passing on the road.

Love is a very present force as real as gravity... I probably couldn't even talk to another person if I didn't (by default) love them.

existence is suffering regardless... but the perks are worth every bit of it :)

Deidre

Beware of wolves in sheeps’ clothing. ~ unknown

I feel I should post this weekly, as a cautious reminder…for they’re all around us, always.

"what a beautiful day, what effulgent sunshine, why it was on a day such as this that the Mc Gillicuddy brothers murdered their mother with an ax". - W.C. Fields

Deidre

“People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Deidre

America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, even eaten with people who in America would have been considered 'white,' but the 'white' attitude had been removed from their minds by the religion of Islam.

Malcolm X

Baladas

An Págánach
"To the good I would be good; to the not-good I would also be good, in order to make them good.

With the faithful I would keep faith; with the unfaithful I would also keep faith, in order that they may become faithful.

Even if a man is bad, how can it be right to cast him off?

Requite injury with kindness." - Laozi