• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's Preach A Different Gospel

LOL, so because the man asked them, who are at an "IMITATE JESUS" convention, if they imitate Jesus, his sole purpose is to harm their reputation? It was to prove their reputation. Do you take time to think before you quote and reply to posts? Why do you judge the mans intentions without knowing what they are? If you watched the whole video, you would know that he was proving how the JW's shun people outside their organization. He wasn't hurling scripture at them! He wasn't hurling insults at them! He wasn't telling them how wrong and deceived they are! He asked them a simple and genuine question. Like it was stated by KMG, if they "perceived" he was wanting to harm them, why did they not respond to him to prove him wrong? They proved him right! Would Jesus have treated the man like that? And I say again, "WITHOUT A DOUBT" they do not imitate Jesus!

You are so passionate.Lol...:p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That's your opinion. Please "READ" my posts before you comment on them, so you know what is being said. I have never been a JW, but have had a few come to my house and where I work. So I started studying their beliefs and could not believe what they taught. So I decided to bring them the real truth of the Bible.

2Co 11:12-15 (ESVST) 12 And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Oh........... Paul........ again.
You don't quote Jesus so often, but you quote anybody else.
Since Jesus was central to your faith, why don't you quote Jesus?

djhwoodwerks

You are so passionate.Lol...:p

Mat 23:25-26 (ESVST) 25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self- indulgence. 26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean. 27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness. 28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Mat 23:25-26 (ESVST) 25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self- indulgence. 26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean. 27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness. 28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
I know......Be careful.:eek:

djhwoodwerks

Oh........... Paul........ again.
You don't quote Jesus so often, but you quote anybody else.
Since Jesus was central to your faith, why don't you quote Jesus?

Do you think Paul spoke on his own? If you don't know your Bible, why are you here making comments? The Apostles never spoke on their own authority, but spoke what they were given to speak. So, when Paul is quoted, Jesus is quoted.

Mat 10:18-20 (ESVST) . 19 When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. 20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Jn 16:12-15 (ESVST) . 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Eph 6:18-20 (ESVST) . To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
OK.....

Mark 16:16
No. This part of G-Mark never existed in the earliest copies that we have. It was added later..... not original.

You have not explained what the good news in Mark is. Can you answer?
They were called 'Good News' later on.
G-Mark is the strongest report of Jesus's mission that exists.

No, You are mistaken. I don't believe the false gospel JW's preach. The gospel I preach is the same gospel Peter preached on the day of Pentecost. Paul preached the same gospel as Peter as well as other followers of Christ did.
So Peter's and Paul's reported and written words are stronger than those of Jesus?
All you've got is Paul's stuff, it seems.

I have posted below the gospel Peter preached along with the gospel the JW's preach. You can see the difference if you have a mind to.
What did Jesus do and say?
Let's stick with Jesus....?

And yes, I do go into the world and preach the exact same gospel Peter, Paul and other followers of Jesus preached. I do it on a daily basis with every person who gives me the opportunity.
How many doors do you knock on per week? You'd have to be strong to do what JWs do.

THE JW'S FALSE GOSPEL
AGAIN! And AGAIN you attack other faiths!

And it goes on and on, from post to post, endlessly
I cannot discuss or debate JW belief with you because I am not a JW.
JWs would be as displeased with me as you when I discard Paul's and other's decisions about what Jesus wanted.

I'll post again after this, with another of your sentences .....

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Is the organization the truth? If yes, then everyone who disagrees is lying. Liars will not inherit God's kingdom. How is this not so?

"Lying" is a very strong and incorrect word to use in a discussion.
Many denominations preach their denomination in the only "right one".
My dear uncle was a deacon and lay preacher for a Church of Christ.
This denomination believed playing music in church was a sin. (beats me why?)
Uncle also believed all other denominations were destined to hell fire and
eternal torment.
Years later I attended a Church of Christ that had a band in that church.
A different denomination of the Church of Christ. (there are many)
In this C.of C. they believed all other denominations were destined to
burn in hell for ever. Go figure.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
THE JW'S FALSE GOSPEL

Here's a test for you.
Scan through all the threads written by JWs, and you are most unlikely to find that they have written anything about other faiths like you have.

JWs write about their own faith. They don't live their faith by chucking stones at others like the above.
JWs are descent, caring, hospitable folks who are mostly very strong in their faith and they show this to the world with patient commitment.
When other Christian Creeds criticise, put down and rubbish other Christians it tells me that they are not living as Jesus would have wanted, not showing love and understanding as he advised.
I don't care what Paul said or wrote, after all, he was not Jesus. I don't have much respect for Paul

jeager106

Premium Member
@jdhwoodwerks
Please pull in the horns and tell the whole story.
History of Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Watch Tower literature did not state dogmatically that 1975 would definitely mark the end,[195] and the buildup was tempered with cautions that there was no certainty that Armageddon would arrive in 1975, but magazines warned that "time is running out rapidly"[196] and that "only a few years, at most" remained before Armageddon.[197] Circuit assemblies in 1970 held a public talk entitled "Who will conquer the world in the 1970s?"[198] and in a speech in Australia in 1975 the society's vice-president Frederick Franz went so far as to name a precise date—September 5, 1975—as the "end of the present wicked system".[199] Witnesses were also urged that they should not be "toying with the words of Jesus that 'concerning that day and hour nobody knows' ... to the contrary, one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end."[200] The number of baptisms soared from about 59,000 in 1966, to more than 297,000 in 1974, but membership declined after expectations for the year failed.[192][201] In 1976 The Watchtower advised those who had been "disappointed" by the failure of the predictions for 1975 to adjust their viewpoint because their understanding had been "based on wrong premises",[202] but four years later, after several proposals by Governing Body members to apologize to Witnesses were voted down,[203] the Watch Tower Society admitted its responsibility in building up hope regarding 1975.[204]

Do you really think ANY human organization in 100% right 100% of the time?
One wonders how many denominations have never, ever, changed dogma?
Wonder how many times just the Catholic Church has changed dogma???????

Wharton

@jdhwoodwerks
Please pull in the horns and tell the whole story.
History of Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Watch Tower literature did not state dogmatically that 1975 would definitely mark the end,[195] and the buildup was tempered with cautions that there was no certainty that Armageddon would arrive in 1975, but magazines warned that "time is running out rapidly"[196] and that "only a few years, at most" remained before Armageddon.[197] Circuit assemblies in 1970 held a public talk entitled "Who will conquer the world in the 1970s?"[198] and in a speech in Australia in 1975 the society's vice-president Frederick Franz went so far as to name a precise date—September 5, 1975—as the "end of the present wicked system".[199] Witnesses were also urged that they should not be "toying with the words of Jesus that 'concerning that day and hour nobody knows' ... to the contrary, one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end."[200] The number of baptisms soared from about 59,000 in 1966, to more than 297,000 in 1974, but membership declined after expectations for the year failed.[192][201] In 1976 The Watchtower advised those who had been "disappointed" by the failure of the predictions for 1975 to adjust their viewpoint because their understanding had been "based on wrong premises",[202] but four years later, after several proposals by Governing Body members to apologize to Witnesses were voted down,[203] the Watch Tower Society admitted its responsibility in building up hope regarding 1975.[204]

Do you really think ANY human organization in 100% right 100% of the time?
One wonders how many denominations have never, ever, changed dogma?
Wonder how many times just the Catholic Church has changed dogma???????
Never. And that's a fact Jack.

Wharton

To expound on that JFish, I would like to show how the WT uses half truths to make their doctrine ring true. If you read their teaching on the cross in their "Reasoning from the Scriptures" book, this is what the first paragraph says:

*** rs p. 89 Cross ***
Why do Watch Tower publications show Jesus on a stake with hands over his head instead of on the traditional cross?

The Greek word rendered “cross” in many modern Bible versions (“torture stake” in NW) is stau·rosʹ. In classical Greek, this word meant merely an upright stake, or pale. Later it also came to be used for an execution stake having a crosspiece. The Imperial Bible-Dictionary acknowledges this, saying: “The Greek word for cross, [stau·rosʹ], properly signified a stake, an upright pole, or piece of paling, on which anything might be hung, or which might be used in impaling [fencing in] a piece of ground. . . . Even amongst the Romans the crux (from which our cross is derived) appears to have been originally an upright pole.”—Edited by P. Fairbairn (London, 1874), Vol. I, p. 376.

*** rs p. 90 par. 1 Cross ***
...Thus the weight of the evidence indicates that Jesus died on an upright stake and not on the traditional cross.

which is marked by red brackets from the actual IBD below. Notice, they stop their quote at "pole", but if you read the rest of what it has to say, it proves that the cross was the more accurate and commonly used method during the time Jesus was crucified. I wonder why the complete description wasn't used. Please pay careful attention to the last paragraph of the definition from the dictionary the WT uses to argue that Jesus died on a stake. Does the "WEIGHT OF EVIDENCE" from the IBD which the WT quotes, indicate that Jesus died on a stake or more accurately a cross?
You be the judge! This is just "ONE" example of how the WT uses half truths, and how they don't disclose all information provided to deceive and trick it's members into believing it's doctrines.

Some of the following is impossible to read, but the relevant parts are.

View attachment 10142 View attachment 10141
But. But. CTR's tomb has a cross?

pyramid4.jpg

jeager106

Premium Member
But. But. CTR's tomb has a cross?

And when was that tomb erected?
You think things don't change with greater understanding and better interpretations?
Why don't we go back into the Catholic Inquisition and throw stones at all Catholics
everywhere?
Anyone can dredge up crap by looking hard enough.
What matters is the here and now.
Why not look up the history of the L.D.S. and bash them while your at it?
Go back to the Salem witch burning's and blame all of Christianity?
That would makes as much sense as the vendetta against J.W.'s being
committed here.

Why didn't you show the entire monument? Because you didn't want readers to know
the man died in 1916?
You somehow doubt much has been learned since then?

jeager106

Premium Member
Never. And that's a fact Jack.

Really? Who is Jack?
"Whoever wishes to be saved, needs above all to hold the Catholic faith; unless each one preserves this whole and entire, he will without a doubt perish in eternity. . . This is the Catholic faith' unless everyone believes this faithfully and firmly, he cannot be saved." (Denzinger 39, 30)

This ^^^^^^ with reference to the claims that J.W.'s are the only religious organization
that claims they are the only salvation. The Catholic church has espoused this claim
for centuries. (JACK)

Catholicism's Ever-Changing Doctrine

FOUR decades ago, Roman Catholics were hit over the head by revisions of church teaching and practice authorized by the world's bishops at the Second Vatican Council. If the language of the Mass, prohibition of meat on Friday and, most striking, the church's unrelenting contrast between its truths and the errors of every other religion could be altered, what couldn't be? Doctrine on contraception? Divorce and remarriage? Capital punishment? Same-sex relationships? Ordination of women?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/22/books/review/a-church-that-can-and-cannot-change-dogma.html?_r=0

Really? Catholic doctrine cannot change?
There's TONS of information about changes in Catholic doctrine.
Who are you trying to kid?:eek:
I was born at night but not LAST night.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My favorite claim is the one the Pope made about Hell.
He said it was a cutting off from God without hope. NOT hell fire and torment.
Look that one up Jack.:D

JFish123

His intensions are quite clear.The JW's knew it.
So, just talk in a loving way and if he becomes a jerk then leave in a loving way. That way they'll come off good by comparison and those watching would see the interviewer as cold and callous if he was. But they didn't. They shunned him, which given there society's stance on shunning, it really doesn't help there image as imitators of Christ. All I'm saying.

JFish123

Here's a test for you.
Scan through all the threads written by JWs, and you are most unlikely to find that they have written anything about other faiths like you have.

JWs write about their own faith. They don't live their faith by chucking stones at others like the above.
JWs are descent, caring, hospitable folks who are mostly very strong in their faith and they show this to the world with patient commitment.
When other Christian Creeds criticise, put down and rubbish other Christians it tells me that they are not living as Jesus would have wanted, not showing love and understanding as he advised.
I don't care what Paul said or wrote, after all, he was not Jesus. I don't have much respect for Paul
Well Jesus had respect for Him by showing him His resurrected body and directing him throughout His life by the Holy Spirit.

So, just talk in a loving way and if he becomes a jerk then leave in a loving way. That way they'll come off good by comparison and those watching would see the interviewer as cold and callous if he was. But they didn't. They shunned him, which given there society's stance on shunning, it really doesn't help there image as imitators of Christ. All I'm saying.

Let's not pretend we don't know what this mans true intensions are.It's obvious.

JFish123

OK.....

No. This part of G-Mark never existed in the earliest copies that we have. It was added later..... not original.

They were called 'Good News' later on.
G-Mark is the strongest report of Jesus's mission that exists.

So Peter's and Paul's reported and written words are stronger than those of Jesus?
All you've got is Paul's stuff, it seems.

What did Jesus do and say?
Let's stick with Jesus....?

How many doors do you knock on per week? You'd have to be strong to do what JWs do.

AGAIN! And AGAIN you attack other faiths!

And it goes on and on, from post to post, endlessly
I cannot discuss or debate JW belief with you because I am not a JW.
JWs would be as displeased with me as you when I discard Paul's and other's decisions about what Jesus wanted.

I'll post again after this, with another of your sentences .....
Jesus, the apostles, nor Paul went door to door. They preached in the synagogue, on the streets, and from house church to house church. Never door to door. You can be committed and strong as JW's are you said. That's true. But you can be committed and strong to a false teaching as well. Are not Mormons strong in faith? Muslims, by praying 5 times a day and fasting so much? But I highly doubt JW's would say there following the truth ;)