• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Human animals"

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Actually, animals have never been shown to do those kinds of things. They don't operate that way. Only humans behave according to the motive of malice.
Fairly often, if a new male lion takes over the pride, he is quite likely to kill cubs under 1 year old, just so that he can replace them with his own offspring.

PureX

Veteran Member
Fairly often, if a new male lion takes over the pride, he is quite likely to kill cubs under 1 year old, just so that he can replace them with his own offspring.
But no actual malice, there. Just biological self-interest.

In this instance, both the attack and the response are almost entirely the result of deliberate malice.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But no actual malice, there. Just biological self-interest.

In this instance, both the attack and the response are almost entirely the result of deliberate malice.
Chimp tribes have gone to war with each other and committed what to humans would be atrocities on the enemy. Is the emotion of malice all that significant?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hatred builds hatred. Treating others as less human builds hatred. Israeli settlers are murdering Palestinians and Palestinians are turning toward violence. I see no difference between Israeli settlers murdering Palestinians and Hamas murdering Israelis. Evil is evil no matter which side commits it.

With all eyes on Gaza war, violence is quietly mounting in the West Bank

At least 11 Palestinians were killed by Israeli security forces and dozens injured across the West Bank on Friday, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, as fears rise over mounting violence and instability ahead of an expected Israeli land invasion of Gaza.
Palestinians are physically separated and politically divided. The collapse of the U.S.-led peace process, the intensifying Israeli occupation and the aging leadership of the Palestinian Authority have fueled widespread anger and disillusion across the West Bank, allowing new militant groups to rise to prominence.

As Israel ramps up its war in Gaza, settler violence against Palestinians here is escalating.
On Wednesday, armed settlers shot dead three Palestinians from the same family outside their home near Qusra, a small village of some 7,000 people, according to Palestinian officials and family members. A fourth member of the family later died from his wounds.
At one crucial juncture of the journey, as ambulances prepared to take the bodies from one side of a highway to another, settlers arrived and started throwing rocks.
In the confrontation that ensued, Abdulazim said, settlers shot dead his brother, Ibrahim Ahmed al-Wadi, 68, and nephew, 31-year-old Ahmed Ibrahim al-Wadi.

...These days, he said, the younger generation mocks his calls to avoid violence.

“Maybe tomorrow my son will disagree and say, ‘no, no, dad I want to kill them as they killed my cousin,’” he said.

Heyo

Veteran Member
that sounds like wartime propaganda to me. why is the western media so biased and does not report the monstrous atrocities perpetrated by Israelis, like sniping medics and chopping down 100s of thousands of olive trees
That sounds like wartime propaganda to me.

(Like you said yourself, truth is the first victim of war. We have to take all news, especially those only reported from one side, with a shovel of salt.)

PureX

Veteran Member
Chimp tribes have gone to war with each other and committed what to humans would be atrocities on the enemy. Is the emotion of malice all that significant?
That's very rare, and it's only one species of animal out of millions. And it's hard to say what they actually thought or felt at the time. Malice requires some degree of complexity, I suspect, that most animal species do not have the capacity for.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That sounds like wartime propaganda to me.

(Like you said yourself, truth is the first victim of war. We have to take all news, especially those only reported from one side, with a shovel of salt.)
The numbers may be off but but Israeli media reports the destruction Everyone knows settlers cut down Palestinian olive trees. But Israel doesn't care Olive tree sabotage plagues Palestinian farmers and other outlets as well Killing Olive Trees Fails to Push Palestinians Out

PureX

Veteran Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's very rare, and it's only one species of animal out of millions. And it's hard to say what they actually thought or felt at the time. Malice requires some degree of complexity, I suspect, that most animal species do not have the capacity for.
Sure, humans are more complex with complex emotions. But I see no essential difference except in scale and the use of human intelligence. Hamas massacred Israelis and celebrated, chimps killed an enemy chimp and celebrated.

Despite Godi's attempt to flee, the attackers seized him, threw him on the ground and beat him until he stopped moving.[1] Afterwards, the victorious chimpanzees celebrated boisterously, throwing and dragging branches with hoots and screams, and retreated. Gombe Chimpanzee War - Wikipedia

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sorta like our exterminating the buffalo herds so the natives would have no source of food, clothing, and shelter. Ain't 'manifest destiny' a wonderful thing!
Barbarism has been around for far far too long and included Incas sacrificing virgins and children. It's past time for humanity to grow up.

PureX

Veteran Member
Sure, humans are more complex with complex emotions. But I see no essential difference except in scale and the use of human intelligence. Hamas massacred Israelis and celebrated, chimps killed an enemy chimp and celebrated.
The big difference is that animal behaviors are based on practical necessity. Not on ego, or malice, or love, or mutual respect. Regardless of these extremely rare exceptions you keep citing.

jbg

Humans are obviously close relatives of chimps. Certain societies have barely evolved further than chimps. Others have. They are not morally equivalent.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Humans are obviously close relatives of chimps. Certain societies have barely evolved further than chimps. Others have. They are not morally equivalent.
I agree - not morally equivalent. And I also agree that some humans are operating at the animal level.

FredVB

Barbarism has been around for far far too long and included Incas sacrificing virgins and children. It's past time for humanity to grow up.

If we all really grew up we would expand our view and care about more than other humans whether some, most, or all of them. Our world grows worse because all of us generally don't.

PureX

Veteran Member
If we all really grew up we would expand our view and care about more than other humans whether some, most, or all of them. Our world grows worse because all of us generally don't.
To be fair, we are not deities. And I don't think we should be expected to take on that kind of responsibility (responsibilty for the well-being of all that exists). We are, however, humans. And so I do think we can and should be expected to take on responsibility for the well-being of our own species and the habitat that sustains us. And it is a very sad condemnation of us, indeed, that we still can't seem to bring ourselves to do that.

If we do destroy ourselves as we appear destined to do, we will have amply proven ourselves to be worthy of that annihilation.

FredVB

To be fair, we are not deities. And I don't think we should be expected to take on that kind of responsibility (responsibilty for the well-being of all that exists). We are, however, humans. And so I do think we can and should be expected to take on responsibility for the well-being of our own species and the habitat that sustains us. And it is a very sad condemnation of us, indeed, that we still can't seem to bring ourselves to do that.

If we do destroy ourselves as we appear destined to do, we will have amply proven ourselves to be worthy of that annihilation.
I can't remember what I answered you with, but I did, probably more than enough to answer everything, but it is gone and I couldn't write the answers again. Don't know if you saw that though.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
"Human animals" concept came from Talmud, this evil teaching which europe fought before ,it's main problem that zionists and pro-Israel justify genocide in Gaza and dailly killing and humilation in West Bank.
I believe humanity is in dangerous because of this racist idealogy.