• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Human animals"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Without in any way endorsing the horrible rape, murder and kidnapping Hamas has done, I was shocked to my very core by the Israeli Defense Minister calling the inhabitants of Gaza "human animals", the same expression the Nazis used for the Jews. https://doi.org/10.1080/21567689.2018.1425144 And the cutting off of everything from Gaza impacting everyone therein reminds me of the Warsaw Ghetto obliteration by the Nazis. The words and deeds by the Israeli government in attempting to starve all the innocent people in Gaza far far exceeds the atrocities Hamas has committed. The entire world should condemn the Israeli government for acting like Nazis.

"I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant says following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

“We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly,” he adds.
Defense minister announces ‘complete siege’ of Gaza: No power, food or fuel
Seiges are not uncommon in history.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seiges are not uncommon in history.
And often an unwanted thing and an ill advised act of desperation or destruction for destructions sake.
It wasn't unusual if a military commander would instead opt to starve a city. It took longer, it presented its own hardships but there was way less death and injury involved and more of a city left to claim.