• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

German Terrorists beat up Muslim for his religion

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Can't have a real debate, so you label every comment you don't like or are unable to argue against a straw man, There are no straw men but he people that use the term.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Can't have a real debate, so you label every comment you don't like or are unable to argue against a straw man, There are no straw men but he people that use the term.

You keep claiming that people are equating Islamic extremist terrorism with mainstream Muslims, but I haven't seen anyone here argue that, so it's a straw-man. The fact that you keep repeating it doesn't make it any less a straw-man, just tiresome.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You're implying a ridiculous dichotomy, either all Muslims are extremists or the extremism is nothing at all to do with Islam, clearly both are incorrect.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I've seen you repeatedly argue that Islam is the problem and ISIS is just a result of following Islam and the Koran strictly, and no that is not a strawman.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I've seen you repeatedly argue that Islam is the problem and ISIS is just a result of following Islam and the Koran strictly, and no that is not a strawman.

What I haven't done is equate the extremists with the mainstream, and I haven't seen anyone else do that. That's why it's a straw-man. I don't think anyone would equate Westboro Baptists with mainstream Christianity either.

Are you seriously claiming that ISIS is nothing at all to do with Islam?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
A young Muslim man was attacked in Kassel, Germany. A group of people attacked him with a knife and he was stabbed several times, leaving him severely injured. Anti-Muslim hate crimes have been increasing rapidly in Germany, as well as throughout Europe. These crimes are not getting much attention by the media. Groups of Germans have been having huge anti-Islam demonstrations in which thousands of people turn out to protest their hate for Islam and Muslims. Regardless of race or religion, as a human being this deeply disturbs me. The media brainwashes us with all this Islamaphobia crap. Spread LOVE not hate!
{tell me again why Muslims are called terrorists? tell me again why mainstream media is not spreading this? tell me again why this man is stabbed and bleeding and no one is helping him?}
Muslims aren't referred to as terrorists. Terrorists who happen to be Muslim are for good reason, though. There have been terrorists from pretty much all backgrounds though.