• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you read Quran neutrally?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I believe you have admitted what you say isn't true but God has never said that.

I believe here is where one may test a spirit to see if it is from God. If that spirit denies the word of God it is not from God.

Of course. But I'm not sure you got the intention of that little thought experiment. You *believe* it's a test, but you have no proof whatsoever. What if I said to you: "Jesus just spoke to me, and he told me that the way Muffled believes is wrong, and the way icehorse believes is correct"? Do you believe me? Probably not, because you could say that I have no proof. But the thing is, neither do you!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe you have admitted what you say isn't true but God has never said that.
I believe here is where one may test a spirit to see if it is from God. If that spirit denies the word of God it is not from God.
I observe that your concepts are against Torah or Word of G-d revealed to Moses. So by your criteria holy spirit is not with you. Right?
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Since one's concepts are against Torah that one believes to be Word of G-d, hence one should doubt about one is being helped by the Holy Spirit. Right?
Please
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
Of course. But I'm not sure you got the intention of that little thought experiment. You *believe* it's a test, but you have no proof whatsoever. What if I said to you: "Jesus just spoke to me, and he told me that the way Muffled believes is wrong, and the way icehorse believes is correct"? Do you believe me? Probably not, because you could say that I have no proof. But the thing is, neither do you!

I believe there are criteria. One is that God is not double minded so He is not going to tell me one thing and you another so that means one of us is likely in error. Now knowing that I am well exercised in hearing God's voice I will stake that against your experience and if that is not enough I have more.

icehorse

Premium Member
I believe there are criteria. One is that God is not double minded so He is not going to tell me one thing and you another so that means one of us is likely in error. Now knowing that I am well exercised in hearing God's voice I will stake that against your experience and if that is not enough I have more.

For the sake of discussion, let's say that you have more experience than I do. Do you also have more experience than the billions of Muslims and Hindus and members of other religions whose Gods give them different messages than your God gives you?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Since one's concepts are against Torah that one believes to be Word of G-d, hence one should doubt about one is being helped by the Holy Spirit. Right?
Please
Regards

I believe I would also include the wisdom books, the Prophets the NT and the Qu'ran in the word of God. My concepts are not against the Torah.

Muffled

Jesus in me
For the sake of discussion, let's say that you have more experience than I do. Do you also have more experience than the billions of Muslims and Hindus and members of other religions whose Gods give them different messages than your God gives you?

All that I am able to say for sure is that I haven't found anyone on RF with as much experience as I but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that others exist.

icehorse

Premium Member
All that I am able to say for sure is that I haven't found anyone on RF with as much experience as I but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that others exist.

My only thought would be that others (like me), might have had very different, but still profound, experiences.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What experience?
We don't see any of your experience exhibited in your posts, except that one claims to be in communication with the holy-spirit, while we see it to be evil-one.
Please give your arguments to prove one's claims.
Regards