• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheism converts

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Huh? That's what iti oj stated in another post, so don't tell me that lol.
Eh. Iti may mean he sees no reason to find figurative/metaphoric truth in it because he's not Abrahamic or because it merely perpetuates the idea that it's valid as something more than folklore.

We'll have to wait for him to make that distinction.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Eh. Iti may mean he sees no reason to find figurative/metaphoric truth in it because he's not Abrahamic or because it merely perpetuates the idea that it's valid as something more than folklore.

Yep, btw I don't have a problem with that lol, merely asking/

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
@Gjallarhorn
It's the internet, I can't tell if a post is agreeing, sarcastic, or what without some indication of intent.

Alceste

Vagabond
None. It was a spontaneous revelation, mostly provoked by the observation that religionists of every description are equally convinced of their cosmological rectitude, regardless of how incompatible those cosmologies happen to be.

From there, I sought answers in studies of human psychology rather than religious doctrine, and I have since found few questions that remain unanswered or unanswerable.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

This works.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Not really. It's o.k. to be not serious about it, I don't really care either way...

How does it not? The events did not happen. The god does not exist. The philosophies and morals underlining the story contradict mine . the bible holds no truth.
Why should I feel differently?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
How does it not? The events did not happen. The god does not exist. The philosophies and morals underlining the story contradict mine . the bible holds no truth.

That's different from what Gjallarhorn was saying though...

That's what I meant, Gjallarhorn says of course theres figurative truth in Genesis, then gives those 'other' reasons to hold them as false etc., then you agree with his other examples...doesn't make sense, if you really think they don't even have any figurative truth.
That's all.

Iti oj

Premium Member
That's different from what Gjallarhorn was saying though...

That's what I meant, Gjallarhorn says of course theres figurative truth in Genesis, then gives those 'other' reasons to hold them as false etc., then you agree with his other examples...doesn't make sense, if you really think they don't even have any figurative truth.
That's all.
I don't understand what your why your saying. Are you equating truth to value?

Iti oj

Premium Member
Yep. If theres figurative truth, theres value, I don't understand how there could be any value without truth?

That's your miss understanding. I did not say or imply it had no value.