• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question for Atheists

BenTheBeliever

I've got one question for you.
Would you be as adamant about doubting and systematically disproving faith if Christianity wasn't the supposed dominant religion in America? Or is Christianity special?
I think of it as this God fortold it would happen. He fortold they would hate cause of him. At the end what really should matter to us is what God thinks of us not what others think of us

Kirran

Premium Member
How can be judging when God is the creator? Don't you think he should have some say in things that he created?

I believe God is more than a personal agent with a great plan for existence. I believe God is the Absolute, the divine which is the true nature of all things.

And yes, what you describe would still be a judgement, even though it was God's creation. My parents can judge me, even though they 'created' me. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think of it as this God fortold it would happen. He fortold they would hate cause of him. At the end what really should matter to us is what God thinks of us not what others think of us
That, of course, only makes sense if and once it is established that there is such a god in the first place...