• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13,000 children killed so far in Gaza

RestlessSoul

Christians largely support Israel's every action.
Consider that Christians dominate USA, & they
elect a majority of Christians to all levels of
government....the same government that
sends money & bombs to Israel to commit
apartheid & genocide....& now starvation.
Christianity & Judaism both own these
crimes against humanity.

This is nonsense. The Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and the Orthodox Christian Church, in Gaza and elsewhere, have all called repeatedly for a cessation of hostilities.

Shaul

Premium Member
That was not your point .. quite laughable goalpost move there mate. Your point was that the Hamas number was not reliable -in an attempt to cast doubt on the number of Children exterminated thus far in this Ethnic Cleansing war crime .. crime against humanity.

I merely stated that the number was reliable according to US intelligence .. and proved this claim . despite you crying "no no no" as if you were well read on the topic. what I also told you was that if the number was off a few thousand .. it matters not to the claims of war crime .. crimes against humanity .. and according to the US intelligence the number is higher than is being reported. .. now around 32,000 dead .. if half are children this is 16,000 .. if 40% is more like 12,000 .. if 30% is more like 10,000 children.

It matters not .. as the Irish delegation said at the UN .. "The Hague is too good for Bibi" .. I go one step further and say Genocide Joe should be taken to the Hague .. put on trial .. and punished for his crimes against humanity .. after doing time in a US prison .. for crimes against the USA.
I have made several points. One was that the Hamas numbers were questionable. A separate point was that "Citing a difference of 14,000 and 12,000 is a false dichotomy as both numbers could be wrong." You just conflated them, which is not my fault. As I have previously noted establishing what the correct number is is probably not possible and is an unprofitable venture. I am not wasting my time on it. You seem to want to.

Sargonski

I have made several points. One was that the Hamas numbers were questionable. A separate point was that "Citing a difference of 14,000 and 12,000 is a false dichotomy as both numbers could be wrong." You just conflated them, which is not my fault. As I have previously noted establishing what the correct number is is probably not possible and is an unprofitable venture. I am not wasting my time on it. You seem to want to.

NO ... that does not make it a false dichotomy .. but who cares the number of dead is 32000 .. double that wounded .. the names are written down .. you can check if it is 31950 .. or 35,000 after the war if you like.. and find a clue what conflation means .. as opposed to giving an error bar range which is what I did .. there was no conflation of 12,000 with 14,000 .. the confusion is all yours .. but once again this matters not .. as regardless of whether if is 14,000 children dead .. or 12,0000 children dead .. or 10,000 children dead .. its still a war crime .. ethnic cleansing .. crime agaisnt humanity .. lest you care to come up with what you think is the "real number" and argue that because it is only this many it is not a war crime.

Your argument was crucified when your claim that the US intelligence service did not agree with the numbers was proven false. .. you are digging a hole where there is no water to be found .. the dead horse not gonna be resurrected by incorrectly using the terms conflation and false dichotomy :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is nonsense. The Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and the Orthodox Christian Church, in Gaza and elsewhere, have all called repeatedly for a cessation of hostilities.
If they have, it's not relevant to my claim.
Consider USA....
Christians & Jews dominate all branches of
the federal government. They're the ones
unconditionally giving Israel money & bombs.
They cluck disapproval for what they won't
admit is genocide, but they take no real action
to curb it.
So guess whose post is nonsense now.
(His initials are RestlessSomething).

Shaul

Premium Member
NO ... that does not make it a false dichotomy .. but who cares the number of dead is 32000 .. double that wounded .. the names are written down .. you can check if it is 31950 .. or 35,000 after the war if you like.. and find a clue what conflation means .. as opposed to giving an error bar range which is what I did .. there was no conflation of 12,000 with 14,000 .. the confusion is all yours .. but once again this matters not .. as regardless of whether if is 14,000 children dead .. or 12,0000 children dead .. or 10,000 children dead .. its still a war crime .. ethnic cleansing .. crime agaisnt humanity .. lest you care to come up with what you think is the "real number" and argue that because it is only this many it is not a war crime.

Your argument was crucified when your claim that the US intelligence service did not agree with the numbers was proven false. .. you are digging a hole where there is no water to be found .. the dead horse not gonna be resurrected by incorrectly using the terms conflation and false dichotomy :)
I responded to a post that state only two alternative numbers. That is incorrect and it is a false dichotomy. Read the link I have already previously provided since you are demonstrating that you don't understand what a false dichotomy is. Shalom.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I responded to a post that state only two alternative numbers. That is incorrect and it is a false dichotomy. Read the link I have already previously provided since you are demonstrating that you don't understand what a false dichotomy is. Shalom.
This will be useful.

RestlessSoul

If they have, it's not relevant to my claim.
Consider USA....
Christians & Jews dominate all branches of
the federal government. They're the ones
unconditionally giving Israel money & bombs.
They cluck disapproval for what they won't
admit is genocide, but they take no real action
to curb it.
So guess whose post is nonsense now.
(His initials are RestlessSomething).

Okay, let’s consider the US. Your country’s government is complicit, absolutely. Your nation supplies Israel with arms, money, and steadfast diplomatic support. No argument there.

Your country’s historic support for Israel is a geopolitical hangover from the Cold War btw. Part of the same proxy war the US is currently conducting in Ukraine. No doubt you blame “Christian’s and Jews” for that and all the other wars the US has sponsored around the globe?

Last edited:

Sargonski

Just because 2 different numbers were given explaining that either does change the central premise is not a false dichotomy .. and there were 3 numbers given not two .. and there was no exclusion of other numbers .. so no false anything that you have managed to come up with.

Regardless this silly deflection down rabbit hole makes no difference to central fact that your claim that the number deaths given by the Gaza HA were not accepted by the US intelligence was proven false .. The IDF extermination of Palestinian Chldren for the crimes of Hamas a major war crime ... crime against humanity .. for which Bibi needs be sent to the Hague .. along with Genocide Joe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your country’s historic support for Israel is a geopolitical hangover from the Cold War btw.
That seems an odd belief.
Where do you hail from?

Part of the same proxy war the US is currently conducting in Ukraine.
What do you believe "proxy war" means?
No doubt you blame “Christian’s and Jews”....
Tis best to ask questions instead of making
petulant prejudicial presumptions.
Have I upset you by criticizing Christians &
Jews for their deadly treatment of Muslims?
If so, I hope this leads to some empathy
for them.
.... for that and all the other wars the US has sponsored around the globe?
You should consider that motivations for
various conflicts & wars don't all have
the same origins. And that these origins
will vary in contributing weight.

InChrist

Free4ever
Do you also ignore this reality?

Think children mean anything to these people?
I don’t think Hamas cares about the civilian casualties or dead children at all. Probably from their perspective, the more the better to manipulate and sway public perception and opinion against Israel, to benefit themselves.

“A major criticism of the IDF has been the number of civilian casualties in Gaza and in the north in Lebanon and Syria. What these critics are failing to realize – or, more likely, failing to admit to – is the immoral human shield philosophy of Hamas and Hezbollah. The whole reason the IDF is in civilian neighborhoods and hospitals and humanitarian areas is because that is where the terrorists have placed their soldiers, their weapons and armament storehouses, their rocket and bomb making factories, and their military headquarters. When the IDF goes in, it does all it can to protect innocent lives. That is the opposite of the terrorists who hope for high civilian casualty numbers. For them, the public relations boost from a picture of a dead baby more than makes up for the loss of the child’s life.

At the end of January, Newsweek published an opinion piece called “Israel Implemented More Measures to Prevent Civilian Casualties Than Any Other Nation in History”. The title says it all. And this isn’t just some biased rant by an Israeli sympathizer. Its author is John Spencer, chair of urban warfare studies at the Modern War Institute (MWI) at West Point and codirector of MWI’s Urban Warfare Project. In his article, Spencer wrote, “To be clear, I am outraged by the civilian casualties in Gaza. But it’s crucial to direct that outrage at the right target. And that target is Hamas.” Both Hamas and Hezbollah know they have no conventional weapons that can defeat the Israeli military. So, they will resort to their one ordnance powerful enough to bring them victory – public opinion.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don’t think Hamas cares about the civilian casualties or dead children at all. Probably from their perspective, the more the better to manipulate and sway public perception and opinion against Israel, to benefit themselves.
Israel cares even less about civilian lives than does Hamas.
After all, Israel is the one doing the killing. Even its own
hostages carrying a white flag....because soldiers thought
they were unarmed Palestinians.
At the end of January, Newsweek published an opinion piece called “Israel Implemented More Measures to Prevent Civilian Casualties Than Any Other Nation in History”. The title says it all. And this isn’t just some biased rant by an Israeli sympathizer. Its author is John Spencer, chair of urban warfare studies at the Modern War Institute (MWI) at West Point and codirector of MWI’s Urban Warfare Project. In his article, Spencer wrote, “To be clear, I am outraged by the civilian casualties in Gaza. But it’s crucial to direct that outrage at the right target. And that target is Hamas.” Both Hamas and Hezbollah know they have no conventional weapons that can defeat the Israeli military. So, they will resort to their one ordnance powerful enough to bring them victory – public opinion.”

Spencer claims....
"But Israel has taken more measures to avoid needless civilian harm than virtually any other nation that's fought an urban war."
But even Israel says...
And Israel now employs famine to target Hamas.
But famine is literally a weapon of "mass" destruction
because it's directed at everyone in Gaza, most of
all babies & children (because they're the most
vulnerable to starvation).

Spencer says....
"....one of the best ways to prevent civilian casualties in urban warfare is to provide warning and evacuate urban areas before the full combined air and ground attack commences."
The reality....
Palestinians have been unable to heed the warnings because
of lack of transportation or even a place to go that's safer.

I've read Spencer's works before. Every one is a defense
of US policy, ignoring anything that disproves his claims.
In this case, it's sanctifying Israel, & justifying it's deadly
policies.

wellwisher

The consequences of this (and when the IDF goes into Rafah the number will clime much higher) will be far reaching and long lasting,

Interestingly:

"Rafah has a history stretching back thousands of years. It was first recorded in an inscription of Egyptian Pharaoh Seti I, from 1303 BCE as Rph, and as the first stop on Pharaoh Shoshenq I's campaign to the Levantin 925 BCE. In 720 BCE it was the site of the Assyrian king Sargon II's victory over the Egyptians.[28]"

Hamas should be ashamed of using human shields like children, and not fighting like men and soldiers, who protect the women and children. The analogy is a person who throws a puppy into traffic but the owner of the car hitting the puppy is found guilty for reckless driving.

I read an article that Israel has bombed hundreds of miles of tunnels that supply arms. The damage is 70%; bottlenecks everywhere. Weapon movement and stores are becoming more and more depleted and precious, so puppies thrown in the road may have increase. I feel sorry for the puppies and the drivers, since neither want it this way. Only the puppy thrower wants it this way.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The analogy is a person who throws a puppy into traffic but the owner of the car hitting the puppy is found guilty for reckless driving.
No.

The "analogy" -- assuming that there is one -- is a person who throws a puppy into traffic, and the owner of the car hitting the puppy faces world=wide condemnation for repeatedly driving over and through dozens innocent families in an effort to kill the scum who perpetrated ihe incident.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can listen to the statistician's explanation which no doubt you don't want to hear.
Oh, dear....another post that requires listening to
a very likely waste of time....all so you can say
that if I won't listen, then you've won.
I'm listening to something else anyway.