• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13,000 children killed so far in Gaza

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

The consequences of this (and when the IDF goes into Rafah the number will clime much higher) will be far reaching and long lasting,

Interestingly:

"Rafah has a history stretching back thousands of years. It was first recorded in an inscription of Egyptian Pharaoh Seti I, from 1303 BCE as Rph, and as the first stop on Pharaoh Shoshenq I's campaign to the Levantin 925 BCE. In 720 BCE it was the site of the Assyrian king Sargon II's victory over the Egyptians.[28]"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is it really 13,000? That begs the question.
No, it's not an example of question begging.

But the figure is likely much higher for a couple reasons.
- The death toll was at 30,000 before today, & about
half of Palestinians are children.
- The death toll doesn't include bodies not found.

And Israel's new weapon of starvation will increase
that toll, given that children are less able than adults
to cope with starvation.

Last edited:

Colt

The consequences of this (and when the IDF goes into Rafah the number will clime much higher) will be far reaching and long lasting,

Interestingly:

"Rafah has a history stretching back thousands of years. It was first recorded in an inscription of Egyptian Pharaoh Seti I, from 1303 BCE as Rph, and as the first stop on Pharaoh Shoshenq I's campaign to the Levantin 925 BCE. In 720 BCE it was the site of the Assyrian king Sargon II's victory over the Egyptians.[28]"

If true this is horrible but foreseen by Hamas when planning its rape, murder and mutilation of Jews. They sacrifice their own people for the sake of sympathy for their cause thinking that ultimately it will enlist other Muslim states to join forces in the elimination of all Jews from the region.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
If true this is horrible but foreseen by Hamas when planning its rape, murder and mutilation of Jews. They sacrifice their own people for the sake of sympathy for their cause thinking that ultimately it will enlist other Muslim states to join forces in the elimination of all Jews from the region.

So, you think Israel can do whatever they want, with no regard to the number of civilian casulties?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
UNICEF is the source for this number and it is questionable.
Allow me three observations:
  1. For a number of reasons, many if not most wartime casualty numbers tend to be "questionable."
  2. Nevertheless, when "questionable" serves as a knee-jerk dismissive response, I can't help but think of the essentially identical denial trope questioning the magnitude of the Shoah.
  3. One is left to wonder what magnitude of carnage you would deem less questionable and more dismissible.

Last edited: