• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zionism

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

3vcbr1.jpg

Flankerl

What were you exiled from? Just asking not arguing. Do you mean you personally were expelled from somewhere or have descended from people who were?

Thats a strange question.
Like my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and so forth i have been born outside of Eretz Yisrael after the destruction of the second Temple, the Bar Kokhba revolt and Hadrians antijewish greco-roman madness.

And since we havent had the luck of meeting the moshiach we obviously live in exile.

Is that something new? :confused:

Not all Jews are Zionist. In fact, some of them can be anti-Zionist.

I define Zionism as just another Racial/Ethnic/Nationalist movement. Like all of these movements, they tend to get so extreme that they seek to destroy their neighbors in what's called "competition". You see that everywhere: especially with the European Imperialists who seek nothing but a world utopia all for themselves.

You are a special snowflake arent you?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Thats a strange question.
Like my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and so forth i have been born outside of Eretz Yisrael after the destruction of the second Temple, the Bar Kokhba revolt and Hadrians antijewish greco-roman madness.

And since we havent had the luck of meeting the moshiach we obviously live in exile.
Is that something new? :confused:
No, it is not new. I was wanting to know in what sense you meant exile. In the classic sense as you have given or in a more recent localized sense. Exile is a term with broad usage. Let me ask one more. Why do you not go back to Israel? Is it that you have more in common with where you are than Israel at this point or some other reason? Again just asking.

You are a special snowflake arent you?
Special is very generous in their case.

Flankerl

Let me ask one more. Why do you not go back to Israel? Is it that you have more in common with where you are than Israel at this point or some other reason? Again just asking.

First of all there is a religious reason: No moshiach. Yeah iam just crazy like that.

So what else is there? I already have a life including work here so the state of Israel doesnt really give me something i could benefit from.

Unless it gets ugly again here. But that is not going to happen.

SheikhHorusFromTheSky

First of all there is a religious reason: No moshiach. Yeah iam just crazy like that.

So what else is there? I already have a life including work here so the state of Israel doesnt really give me something i could benefit from.

Unless it gets ugly again here. But that is not going to happen.

Why not you be the moshiach?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I take it I gave the definition for moshiach without ever having heard the term. I will look it up. I certainly implied no religious reason just the very simplistic one that we adapt to where we are.

That is an answer. Very well.

it gets ugly again here. But that is not going to happen.
Where is here? If Germany, I don't think we will be much help if it does get ugly again. Liberalism has rendered us militarily unable to actually fight a real war by not being able to afford one nor having the moral fortitude to do so. It seems we are reduced to sending drones after our own citizens. Anyway thanks for the info.

Flankerl

I take it I gave the definition for moshiach without ever having heard the term. I will look it up. I certainly implied no religious reason just the very simplistic one that we adapt to where we are.

The jewish messiah.

Where is here? If Germany, I don't think we will be much help if it does get ugly again. Liberalism has rendered us militarily unable to actually fight a real war by not being able to afford one nor having the moral fortitude to do so. It seems we are reduced to sending drones after our own citizens. Anyway thanks for the info.

Yes Germany and no based on the german military pretty much all developed countries can beat germany. Which includes the US. But it will never come to that.
All this depressive talk about how weak the US is sounds rather republican and is complete nonsense.

Why not you be the moshiach?

:facepalm:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
The jewish messiah.
That being so I do not know why you pointed out you were not him in response to me. I will review.

Yes Germany and no based on the german military pretty much all developed countries can beat germany. Which includes the US. But it will never come to that.
All this depressive talk about how weak the US is sounds rather republican and is complete nonsense.
Our military might is anything but week. I am a veteran and know it's lethality all too well. What makes us week is debt (this one might have grown to such an extent under the current financially insane leadership that we are already dead but are still bleeding out, and the lack of will to act decisively. My views are the majority among soldiers on either side. If anyone wants to get us they will have to wait a bit but we will probably get ourselves in the meantime with bad policy as Lincoln suggested long ago. Who is doing it the worst is a partisan issue, but the idea that spending way more than even the huge amount we take in ending in absolute destruction is not.

I regard emoticons as crutches for augments that could not be made but I do not even see the purpose for this one at all. Are you above partisan politics even if that is what is killing your nation? I swore to defend the nation against enemies foreign and domestic. My only weapon is facts and arguments but I never intended to do so with a person from Germany. What I typed was satirical (even though true) not an argument. Have a good afternoon I am gone.

Flankerl

That being so I do not know why you pointed out you were not him in response to me. I will review.

I didnt do that. You should probably look who i quoted.

I regard emoticons as crutches for augments that could not be made but I do not even see the purpose for this one at all. Are you above partisan politics even if that is what is killing your nation? I swore to defend the nation against enemies foreign and domestic. My only weapon is facts and arguments but I never intended to do so with a person from Germany. What I typed was satirical (even though true) not an argument. Have a good afternoon I am gone.

Seriously you should look who i've quoted.

Juhurka

Not all Jews are Zionist. In fact, some of them can be anti-Zionist.

I define Zionism as just another Racial/Ethnic/Nationalist movement. Like all of these movements, they tend to get so extreme that they seek to destroy their neighbors in what's called "competition". You see that everywhere: especially with the European Imperialists who seek nothing but a world utopia all for themselves.

Your definition of Zionism lacks any kind of knowledge or intellectualism, very common for today's world.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am firmly against Zionism. I don't support any aspect of people fighting each other over outdated words in dusty tomes.