• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zinc and virus infections

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There has been a rush and panic of many possible off the walls cures and preventives for COVID-19 most worthless and some dangerous, like Trump's recommendation to drink Clorox. Then Zinc was mentioned. I have researched many possible cures and preventives over the years and found Zinc a possibility for reducing the effects of virus infections and possible partial preventive, but with a yellow flag.

Zinc may be used at a max of 150 mg daily spaced out in doses of 15 mg for a supplemental treatment of COVID-19 dissolved under the tongue slowly do not chew. For prevention one or two times a day is sufficient. They sell zinc lozenges. The problem in America is that if people are told a little is beneficial then a lot is great! Hearing this American pop Zinc tabs like popcorn. If you go over this dose it has been shown the benefit drops and then possibly becomes toxic.

I have used this to reduce the occurrence of colds and found it helpful for many years.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There has been a rush and panic of many possible off the walls cures and preventives for COVID-19 most worthless and some dangerous, like Trump's recommendation to drink Clorox. Then Zinc was mentioned. I have researched many possible cures and preventives over the years and found Zinc a possibility for reducing the effects of virus infections and possible partial preventive, but with a yellow flag.

Zinc may be used at a max of 150 mg daily spaced out in doses of 15 mg for a supplemental treatment of COVID-19 dissolved under the tongue slowly do not chew. For prevention one or two times a day is sufficient. They sell zinc lozenges. The problem in America is that if people are told a little is beneficial then a lot is great! Hearing this American pop Zinc tabs like popcorn. If you go over this dose it has been shown the benefit drops and then possibly becomes toxic.

I have used this to reduce the occurrence of colds and found it helpful for many years.

If you're going to start your post with a blatant, self-serving lie, why should anyone even consider taking you seriously? Could you maybe link us to a source showing Trump telling people to drink Clorox (or anything of the sort)?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you're going to start your post with a blatant, self-serving lie, why should anyone even consider taking you seriously? Could you maybe link us to a source showing Trump telling people to drink Clorox (or anything of the sort)?

Thanks. I couldn't get pass the clorox part.

IAMinyou

Doctors have been using zinc with hydroxychloroquine and sometimes without zinc. They also use an antibiotic in case of any bacterial infections that could be causing the lungs to not function properly.

President Trump never recommended any protocol. If you did your research about him, you would learn how he gets problems solved so easily. He asks questions to find the answers and what better place to find the answers then when you ask questions on televised interviews. So he was asking questions about the use of hydroxychloroquine because he had heard the doctors were using it with some success in keeping some COVID-19 patients from getting to sick where they had to be hospitalized.

A person with a mental condition called TDS ( Trump derangement syndrome ) is real and is causing many people to suffer needlessly.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
https://www.uchealth.org/today/zinc-could-help-diminish-extent-of-covid-19/

Coronavirus: To zinc or not to zinc?
Zinc is no COVID-19 magic bullet, but it has shown to help with other coronaviruses.
By: Todd Neff, for UCHealth

March 25th, 2020

Calling the specific virus that is causing COVID-19 “coronavirus” is a bit like calling the Ford Explorer “the SUV.” Both statements are true, but with both, one is part of the other. There are lots of different SUVs; there are lots of different coronaviruses.

Zinc is something that will not hurt you, and there may be some benefit when it comes to COVID-19, like with other coronaviruses.

Many common colds are caused by coronaviruses. Various scientific studies (we’ll get to those in a moment) have shown zinc lozenges to be effective in shortening the misery phase of common colds. So in the face of a coronavirus pandemic, here’s a big question many are asking: can zinc shorten the duration of – or even diminish the symptom load and thereby lessen the impact – of COVID-19?

The answer is we don’t know yet. But to twist the analogy: if changing the oil helps a Jeep Grand Cherokee avoid the shop, it’s a good bet that doing the same will benefit the Ford Explorer, too.

Dr. Ian Tullberg bears no responsibility for the above comparison. But as far as helping patients get over colds, “there’s good evidence that oral zinc works well,” the medical director of UCHealth Medical Group Urgent Care said.

With respect to the specific coronavirus that is causing the pandemic now, “the problem is that this is still so early that we don’t have the knowledge if it works or not,” Tullberg said. “However, zinc is something that will not hurt you, and there may be some benefit.”

Those who swear by zinc as a cold remedy know to take it when they first start to feel a scratchy throat. They try to hit it early – right when the cold’s coming on. Research spanning decades has shown that using zinc lozenges through the course of the cold does make a difference.

Onoma

Zinc has the ability to destabilize " zinc fingers " in the viral genome. Has to be taken into the cell by a transporter protein ( Ionophore )

Iirc, the extra zinc basically destabilizes a fold of the viral protein, this in turn prevents the virus from initiating replication

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm taking one zinc lozenge a day along with other things my doctor has recommended not as a preventative or automatic cure but to tilt the scales a bit.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

And he took the antimalarial drug, and I don't believe that he did.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Golly Mr. Dragon, if 15mg doses are good fer ya, 30mg doses must be twice as good. Right?!?

You need to be really careful what you post on public forums.

Golly mr ecco. He was careful and specified the safe recommend dose. You are the one who seems to recommend doubling the dose
Right?!?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Golly Mr. Dragon, if 15mg doses are good fer ya, 30mg doses must be twice as good. Right?!?

You need to be really careful what you post on public forums.

Golleeee geee! @ecco doubling the dose each time taken over time would not improve anything, but possibly lead to toxicity. Actually, unless under a doctor's supervision for the treatment of COVID-19 I do not recommend these daily doses, especially long term.

toxic levels of zinc - Google Search
"Zinc toxicity is a medical condition involving an overdose on, or toxic overexposure to, zinc. Such toxicity levels have been seen to occur at ingestion of greater than 50 mg of zinc. Excessive absorption of zinc can suppress copper and iron absorption."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Again, a comment taken completely out of context with the specific intent of smearing someone you may not like. You're better than this...

No, I took the same business communication courses that Trump did. This is the manner of making recommendations by floating ideas this way in a corporation. At present the USA is Trump's family corporation, and nepotism rules.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

We have zinc lozenges. Zicam? Yeah Zicam. I haven't tried that, but I'm a believer in Airborne. Its a strong multivitamin that you dissolve in water. It fizzes, and then you drink the result.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
We have zinc lozenges. Zicam? Yeah Zicam. I haven't tried that, but I'm a believer in Airborne. Its a strong multivitamin that you dissolve in water. It fizzes, and then you drink the result.

Zicam is okay.The key in this case is when it dissolves in the mouth it coats the mouth and throat.