• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zeus, world's tallest dog, dies in Otsego, Michigan

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
-7552d1c4cf0698de.jpg

OTSEGO, MI — Zeus, the Otsego, MI, Great Dane who was the world's tallest dog, has died at age 5.

Zeus' owner, Kevin Doorlag, said Zeus died last week of symptoms of old age. Zeus would have celebrated his sixth birthday in November, Doorlag said.

Zeus stood 44 inches at the shoulder, 7 feet, 4 inches on his hind legs when he was unveiled in the Guinness World Record's 2012 edition as the world's tallest living dog and the tallest dog ever, a title he still holds, Doorlag said.

Doorlag is remembering Zeus as a "wonderful dog." He said he and his wife, Denise, will especially miss letting Zeus sit on their laps while the family would grill on their deck.

"We'll really miss him," Doorlag said.

In addition to his international fame, Zeus was well known throughout the Kalamazoo area due to frequent trips to area schools and hospitals, where he served as a therapy dog.

Doorlag said seeing the joy Zeus brought to others will be another one of the things he misses most about his late pet.

"Those are some of the things I'll never forget about him," Doorlag said. "He was definitely a great dog."
Zeus, world's tallest dog, dies in Otsego, Michigan | MLive.com

He was a beautiful dog and a beautiful soul that brought joy to many. RIP, Zeus. :flower2:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Yep, that's evolution for ya plus radioactive mutations may explain a bit but mostly Evolution.

In nomine Evolutionus

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
They should have called him Clifford. Old age at six? My Chihuahua should live to forty then.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Awww.

I saw vids of him in his earlier days. Seemed like a "good boy" .

I know his human companions did their very best to make every day a special day for him. Any familial loss is a sad occurrence, and they have my extended sympathies.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Oh my God, what is that? I meant...what was that?
the crossbreed between a dog and a horse?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
He was a Great Dane. They're huge dogs. In Zeus' case, he was larger than average (obviously) so his heart might've given out, similar to humans with gigantism.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
It's seems tragic to me. Such a magnificent creature. So soon dust. Why does everything remarkable succumb so quickly? This world seems to reward the mundane.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's seems tragic to me. Such a magnificent creature. So soon dust. Why does everything remarkable succumb so quickly? This world seems to reward the mundane.

I was actually thinking that. The truly beautiful beings don't seem to last long in this world. They share their gifts and then quickly move on. I lean towards the opinion that they are more advanced souls. :)

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Is .tt
I was actually thinking that. The truly beautiful beings don't seem to last long in this world. They share their gifts and then quickly move on. I lean towards the opinion that they are more advanced souls. :)

I would hope so. Too much for the dull earth too handle. To hell with the big dogs.