• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ZenMonkey's Concise Summation of His Journey

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
I was born in 1970 ... about 7 years before Elvis died. I never knew Elvis, but I understand a little more than most about Grace, and Graceland, and The tender loving care and the taking Care of Business aspect to ummm ... Life. How else can it be stated? Anyway, I descended from my mothers womb in 1970. That was when my life journey in this valley we call the shadow of death began. I realized my mortality early in life ... I guess around 7 years old. I feared that alone for most of my early years until I picked up the fear of hell years later. Needless to say my era of comfort and peace was short lived.

I've fallen for more than a few woman over the span of my life, and to be perfectly honest, I view woman, err ... Umm ... some woman, those whom I'm able to make a joint connection with on multiple levels. Anyway, they're life, Woman, to put it in as matter of fact way as possible, are life. So, TLC, TCB and what life means to me and likewise this valley some call the shadow of death ... being that we're never guaranteed another day, death, like a shadow, always looming over head, never knowing how or when or where, just the fact that it could all end at any time.

I don't fear hell anymore, but then this valley we compass has proven to be like one, and even on good days nowadays, there is always something hellish about this valley. As a 48 years old, divorced single man, who once desired romance and a life spent next to a woman I love more than my life, I now distance myself more and more as the days go by from becoming too, umm .... involved with anyone. I guess because of how my life is, what I am forced to deal with, and to avoid dragging anyone else into an existence where hope has nearly become a foreign concept. It just seems too dangerous for me to be around anyone I would kill and die for. The danger isn't my own, but rather the danger applies to those I care most for and about.

I deny Jesus' sacrifice, I choose to be accountable for my own life, I have this life and expect no other after. So ... I look and see and feel and embrace and breath life in another way ... the only way I know how at this point ... From a distance, yet so close I can almost taste it on my tongue.

Enough for now. More to come later

ZM

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
So I've been what many would call and deem hell for the better part of my entire life. At first, it was the fear of not existing anymore, then it was fear of immediate death and after ... a literal hell that awaited me. I did manage to come to a state of comfort, a type of serene sense of tranquility, but that too was short lived, stripped and deprived from me, even as every other good and satisfying part of my life has been. At one time, I'd hike and go to nature for my therapy, then there was also fishing, and art like photography, drawing, painting, and then on to writing. I once viewed my family, the gatherings, the time spent, the just being around those I care about as a type of therapy., then ... my mother dies, and somehow I find myself completely alone with nothing left to calm me, nothing left to give me comfort or peace. I've been forced away from those I love and I would guess because of whatever the hell it is sabotaging my life. Even when I find the slightest thing that affords me comfort, the slightest thing I find pleasure in, it isn't long before that too is stripped from me. So, I refuse to allow Jesus to suffer for my "sins", and I fully accept death as the wages of, yet I am thrust into this hell and everything I cherish in life, everything that offers me anything pleasant is taken, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I'm not a desperate type of man. I know who i am and what I'm about. I maintain a strong sense of pride, yet not boastful or arrogant, but rather the type which honors who and what I am and the way I was made. Is there life after death? I don't know and I don't care. If there is, I'll likely never know it. If there isn't, guess what? I already assume it. If I were a betting man, I'd bet a dollar that the reason I'm going through what I'm going through is due to some who want me to accept a sacrificial atonement theory that I have trouble accepting... I think I'm wanted to fold and buckle due to my dire circumstances and accept what others do, and be ok with another, who, from what I know of him, is innocent to suffer and pay for my so called sins. Well, someone owes me a cool dollar and they know it's true. ... and for putting me through hell, beyond the hell I already knew for staying true to my personal morals and for being a friend to the one who would have otherwise suffered for what he did not do.

I'm ok with dying. It will happen one day whether I accept what they want me to accept or not. As for the hereafter, I don't know and don't care ... my conscience is clear either way. I may never make it to a place I can call life again, and I may never be able to fully embrace the same on a different level, but in the end I can die with my head held high when it concerns my return of friendship to the one who extended the same to me. I still have hope, but that too is near to being a foreign concept. Yet even in the midst of all this trouble I am still somehow able to endure with a laugh and smile and with a friendly, gentle demeanor, and remain kind, even to those who I have difficulty respecting for what they're believing in and doing to not just me because of. In the end, and to be perfectly honest, I don't doubt for a second that I'll make it to where I belong. It may not be in this lifetime, and I may not be the same man I am today when I get there, but who I am and what I'm about will ... perhaps minus the misery memories stored up from living as I have in this valley we call the shadow of death.

Btw, I'm alive and my sensory perception is typically on spot ... and to be honest, there's nothing more beautiful or appealing, or desired by me as life. I can't hardly wait to be able to fully embrace and breath life in again.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
I enjoy the scent of a flower boutique when I walk in. I enjoy the scent of a BBQ joint when I walk past one. I enjoy the scent of freshly cut grass, and the smell of rain after the fact. I enjoy the scent of lavender, mint, and other herbs. With that said, I know what I enjoy, what I find pleasing, what I need more of and what I don't like as well as the things I could use much less of. I'll be true to me and I guess that's the only way it truly can be. I could say I enjoy the scent dirty feet, the scent of vinegar, the scent of a two day old coca cola with a half pack of cigarette butts in it, but I don't and that's the honest to goodness truth.

Sensory perception is my truth and because of my personal, natural, built into who I am sensory perception, I have no other choice but to honor that truth about me. I really like it when my every sense of perception is in orgasm mode. It's a lot like being in heaven and to be honest ... that's home and again … that's also life, or at least how I view life, which is a far cry from existence. Life is that which gives me life, both inside on a spiritual level, and the outside on the feel good to great level. Orgasm mode … full on sensory organ orgasm. Yeah, that's my heaven. To be honest in that, I couldn't handle more than a few moments at a time in that type of heaven, but could live the rest of my entire existence with that type of heaven around me, in my midst, coupled with those moments of sheer unadulterated orgasmic sensory overloads. I gotta get back to work … I truly love what I do, my chosen field and/or vocation. I've had many in my lifetime, but one still remains. Life is art and so art is my chosen vocation. Although it has been 5 to 6 years since I've applied it in my life. I've been in pure survival mode the last few years, so yes … It's time to get back to work. God knows I need it. She understands me, of this I am certain.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
There once was a man named Pete, a man who came to me, then I came to be more than just me. There's a gate and keeper of sheep, a way that many seek, a bill in play a tab and a way unknown to those who are not with me. In the morning dawn, then moving on to all and everything beyond … some say there's a God, a father and son and many more who will carry on. This grass is green, the rivers' are clean, and the earth … well I long to dig it, split it, and will one day again be in it. By the sweat of my brow I will plow and plow until a reach the well that runs clear with living waters. So when I say there is a way, well I mean there is only one. One life to live, one heart to give, one seed to sow, and one world to show … There's a truth that is kind, another cruel, and dogs of war with mouth's that drool, but then again and I'll salivate when, I can begin again and get back to when, the rivers were sweet, and pie nice to eat, ohh what a treat to meet the one's who make me drool, even as a fool … full of love and good tiding from above and down below where the rivers flow.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
They're like a heartbeat when the music ends and begins again, like lighting that strikes from east to west and west to east from the most to least and for the beast that isn't a beast at all, but a way that's true for me and for you and everyone who … will carry on too and who will make it through the gates into a place so true where lasting peace and happiness awaits for all who do.

Pete is true and you're damn right he knew that his crew would be there with him too, because that's exactly what Pete was born to do... a Saint a sinner and I dare say a father too. God's and angels who will be there too shine a light on all who knew.

Riders

I was born in 1970 ... about 7 years before Elvis died. I never knew Elvis, but I understand a little more than most about Grace, and Graceland, and The tender loving care and the taking Care of Business aspect to ummm ... Life. How else can it be stated? Anyway, I descended from my mothers womb in 1970. That was when my life journey in this valley we call the shadow of death began. I realized my mortality early in life ... I guess around 7 years old. I feared that alone for most of my early years until I picked up the fear of hell years later. Needless to say my era of comfort and peace was short lived.

I've fallen for more than a few woman over the span of my life, and to be perfectly honest, I view woman, err ... Umm ... some woman, those whom I'm able to make a joint connection with on multiple levels. Anyway, they're life, Woman, to put it in as matter of fact way as possible, are life. So, TLC, TCB and what life means to me and likewise this valley some call the shadow of death ... being that we're never guaranteed another day, death, like a shadow, always looming over head, never knowing how or when or where, just the fact that it could all end at any time.

I don't fear hell anymore, but then this valley we compass has proven to be like one, and even on good days nowadays, there is always something hellish about this valley. As a 48 years old, divorced single man, who once desired romance and a life spent next to a woman I love more than my life, I now distance myself more and more as the days go by from becoming too, umm .... involved with anyone. I guess because of how my life is, what I am forced to deal with, and to avoid dragging anyone else into an existence where hope has nearly become a foreign concept. It just seems too dangerous for me to be around anyone I would kill and die for. The danger isn't my own, but rather the danger applies to those I care most for and about.

I deny Jesus' sacrifice, I choose to be accountable for my own life, I have this life and expect no other after. So ... I look and see and feel and embrace and breath life in another way ... the only way I know how at this point ... From a distance, yet so close I can almost taste it on my tongue.

Enough for now. More to come later

ZM

I can relate to this. "I guess because of how my life is, what I am forced to deal with, and to avoid dragging anyone else into an existence where hope has nearly become a foreign concept. It just seems too dangerous for me to be around anyone I would kill and die for. The danger isn't my own, but rather the danger applies to those I care most for and about."

I don't know why your so hopeless. We all have to die its true, I am obese. My heart could fail any time, and I will accept death too. I believe my mind will go on after death, our body's still have energy in them. But I am not Christian either.

However over the past 10 years except the last 5 years sense I have been in recovery, I allowed myself to become addicted to men and sex. Even though my sister says I cans till get married and wants me too: I have no intentions of bringing a man into problem'd life right now. Maybe after I have had therapy for a couple of or a few years but not now.

It would just bring them into my problems, I have no intentions of doing that. Platonic friendship is ok but nothing else.