• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zakhir naik in rat hole

An insult is a mere instance, but an insult with false obselete reason is punishable.

What Zakhir naik does is he does not posses any ability to debate, no reasoning power. He just thinks in the darkness of a Rat hole

We must Protest!!!!!!
:tribal2:

Monotheist 101

Forgive me for posting in the DIR

True, I donot have enough knowledge of Hinduism to cross check what he says..I respect his knowledge of the Quran and his memory.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram :namaste

Forgive me for posting in the DIR

you are more than welcome , what we need here is sane dialogue between faiths :namaste

True, I donot have enough knowledge of Hinduism to cross check what he says..I respect his knowledge of the Quran and his memory.
I could be sarcastic and say neither does have have enough knowledge of hinduism if he did he would speak with more respect .

I have met many muslims and had many conversations about our different faiths but never have I met such bigotry , there is no need for it , I have heard muslims speak with tollerance towards other faiths and respect for others . when these people speak the Quran contains beauty and wisdom , It may not be the religion for me but I can respect it .

however when I hear a person speak like he does it reminds me of the qualities I disslike most in any situation religious or secular .
He may well have good retentive knowledge of the Quran but he cheapens the words of the prophet by using them as a divise to cause discord . this is unforgivable who ever does it .

I have seen the same thing happen between sects within hinduism , one sect attacks and trys to disscredit the other through philosophical wrangling , in this case knowledge in the hands of the wrong person becomes dangerous .
if one simply uses knowledge to wage war upon another then one has not undrstood its true purpose .

when one assimilates knowledge it resides in the heart and is not used as an impliment to defeat another , but becomes the love with which to win anothers heart .

unfortunatly his tactics are cheap , I watched a few of his videos this morning , to me he has an agressive and defensive attitude , firstly he bullies ,... he is 'telling' his audience what they should think , ...then he is 'telling' them why !, this is where he tries to play the knowledge card , he tries to imply that any sane person' will' think this way , this is not the reasonable approach that one who deeply understands and appreciates his religious tradition would make , one who knows his subject from the depth of his heart shares that knowledge with love , he shares his reflections as one would by rejoicing in that knowledge by sharing and allowing his ordience to choose by the use of their own inteligence .

there are many kinds of speakers but they fall into two main categories those who speak with confidence who have no need to convince ,... and those to who use knowledge to oppress his oponent ....

such a domineering tendancy shows a lack of true faith and to me is more indicative of blind faith .

my responce to his ignorance would be to encorage dialogue between hindus and muslims so that we may live peacefully together , I think we need to hear the voices of the more gentle and tollerant muslims so that we can desolve fear and unnececary hatred and repair the damage being done before it goes any further .

Chalant

By protesting against them , you give them power. And criticism of religion should be tolerated, it is a part of freedom of expression.

ranvirk

I have watched mr niak a lot of time and really need to know how can such a stupid person be called Dr. He speaks only what uneducated Muslims want to hear. Like quranic science ( which there is none as it's borrowed) or proving how islam is better than anything else.

His 2+2 argument was just wow( in terms of stupidity)... He even reject theory of evolution saying it's just a theory and not a fact😱.. Someone should tell this doctor that theory is the best possible answer in field of science...

ratikala

Istha gosthi

I have watched mr niak a lot of time and really need to know how can such a stupid person be called Dr. He speaks only what uneducated Muslims want to hear. Like quranic science ( which there is none as it's borrowed) or proving how islam is better than anything else.

thank you for your reply , .....I think it important that hindus realise that 'mr Naik' is not representative of all Muslims .

allthough this is hinduism DIR , I am sure all hindus would welcome discussion on this matter so please feel free to post here on this subject :namaste

His 2+2 argument was just wow( in terms of stupidity)... He even reject theory of evolution saying it's just a theory and not a fact��.. Someone should tell this doctor that theory is the best possible answer in field of science...
to me it is a great releif to hear a muslim speak out against him ,

prehaps you might be able to help with healing some of the bad feeling which is growing because of his distructive behavior , and give a link to anyone in the muslim comunity who speads out on behalf of muslim hindu tollerance .

ratikala

Istha gosthi

By protesting against them , you give them power. And criticism of religion should be tolerated, it is a part of freedom of expression.

whilst I agree entirely that some forms of protest simply fuel the fire , I canot call this form of criticism tollerable as it is delliberately aimed to cause discord .

I am afraid that mr naik goes beyond simple freedom of expression into the realms of divisive behavior .

however I do belive that our protest should be a peacefull and confident expression of hindu unity , we should also show that we do not accept mr naik as representative of the entire islamic veiw and an offer the hand of frendship to peacable muslims so that respectfull links between religious comunities can be formed .

ratikala

Istha gosthi

I dislike the man. Please don't take him as someone all Muslims follow or look up to.

thank you , ths is reasuring to hear ,

prehaps others might like to read the end of the wicipedia entry for Naik ....

The Times of India published a profile of Naik entitled "The controversial preacher" after he was banned from the United Kingdom. According to The Times, "the fact is that barring the band of Muslims whose bruised egos Naik suitably massages through his Islam supremacist talks, most rational Muslims and non-Muslims find his brand of Islam a travesty of the faith". The Times also claimed that "the Wahabi-Salafist brand of Islam, bankrolled by petro-rich Saudi Arabia and propagated by preachers like Naik, does not appreciate the idea of pluralism". The article quotes Muslim scholar Wahiduddin Khan: "Dawah, which Naik also claims to be engaged in, is to make people aware of the creation plan of God, not to peddle some provocative, dubious ideas as Naik does". He adds: "The wave of Islamophobia in the aftermath of 9/11 and the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan have only added to the Muslims’ sense of injury. In such a situation, when a debater like Zakir Naik, in eloquent English, takes on preachers of other faiths and defeats them during debates, the Muslims’ chests puff with pride. A community nursing a huge sense of betrayal and injustice naturally lionises anyone who gives it a sense of pride. Never mind if it’s false pride".[50]
Indian journalist Khushwant Singh says he "disagree with almost everything [Naik] has to say about misconceptions about Islam". Singh argues that Naik's pronouncements are "juvenile", and said "they seldom rise above the level of undergraduate college debates, where contestants vie with each other to score brownie points".[51] Singh also says Naik's audiences "listen to him with rapt attention and often explode in enthusiastic applause when he rubbishes other religious texts".[52]
Torkel Brekke, a professor of religious history in Norway, calls Naik a "very controversial figure" because of his rhetorical attack on other religions and other varieties of Islam. He writes that Naik is "strongly disliked" by many members of the Indian ulema for ignoring their authority and stating that anybody can interpret the Quran.[53] Conservative Deobandi mullahs have accused Naik of "destroying Islam" by driving Muslims away from the correct religious authorities.[54]
Khaled Ahmed criticised Naik for "indirectly support[ing]" Al-Qaeda by referring to Osama bin Laden as a "soldier of Islam".[55] In 2008 an Islamic scholar in Lucknow, shahar qazi Mufti Abul Irfan Mian Firangi Mahali, issued a fatwa against Naik, saying that he supported Osama bin Laden, and that his teachings were un-Islamic.[56]
Praveen Swami considers Naik to be a part of the ideological infrastructure created to feed "Tempered Jihad", which he defines as Jihad calibrated to advance Islamist political objectives.[43] Swami argued that some of Naik’s teachings are similar to those of organizations advocating violence, although Naik himself emphatically rejects terrorism.[57] According to Swami, Naik's IRF has proved to be a "magnet" for figures linked to the Lashkar-e-Taiba, while his message has mesmerised violent Islamists, and his works "help make sense of the motivations of Indian recruits to the jihad."[43]

Maya3

I agree, I think it´s great that you are here to so that we can hear from everyone.

I would like to hear what this guy said, but from a non biased source. Frankly everything I see is is from fundamentalist Hindu groups. Not the best representation of us either.

Maya

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
He is just another face of Wahhabi influence. Pay no attention to him.

Us Muslims may nver agree with Hindu beliefs. But we must be respetful. For you are equal to us in creation as we are all created by Allah.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I've seen some of his videos and i agree with you i don't like how he speaks.

I don't know what he said about Hinduism, do you have a link ?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

He is constantly preaching nonsense about Hinduism, especially by taking passages from our scripture and pretending to translate them but actually gives a translation that is entirely incorrect (he does this intentionally, to change the meaning and sometimes it is not even similar) and then makes grand conclusions. One of his purposes is to use Hindu scripture as evidence that Islam is the true religion and his other purpose is to convert Hindus to Islam who are not educated well in Hinduism...or at all.

You can do any search on his quotes or speeches about Hinduism and guarantee it is full of lies.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

This thread has been moved to the Religious Debates forum.

ranvirk

U can search his name in youtube and u will find plenty of videos. Some of his arguments are so ridiculously funny that u will be amazed.

I am a Sikh and don't believe in Hindu beliefs but I can't show disrespect to anyone. This guy only know how to prove islam better than other religions...

U shud watch his videos on evolution and embrology.. It's funny as hell... Great time pass