• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yuvgotmel & Roli 1on1 comments.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am making this thread for comments and questions concerning Yuvgotmel's and Roli's one on one debate.
It should be interesting.

Soren

Soren
for number two "Born Again" was Jesus' description of the salvation process and the term has come to mean next to nothing because it has been so abused. Honestly outside of the Biblical context in which it was uttered I never use it when talking to others about my faith.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Looks like a newbie, first post, probably had no clue.
Yeah, was talking to him in the chatroom, and he didn't realise one-on-one debates are strictly for those two people.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
This idea of Christian praxis as a form of occultism is really interesting. Doesn't look like roli is going to take the bait though.

cardero

Citizen Mod
This goes to Roli:
Compose your thoughts in a separate Word program and make sure everything is good to go. If you are worried about double posts send your first post out there if you are not sure it loaded correctly open a second Religious Forum window and refresh. If your name appears in the thread click on it to make sure the post arrived safely.
You are in a war, when you are in a war it is important that you do not misplace the ammo.

cardero

Citizen Mod
This goes to Roli:
Compose your thoughts in a separate Word program and make sure everything is good to go. If you are worried about double posts send your first post out there if you are not sure it loaded correctly open a second Religious Forum window and refresh. If your name appears in the thread click on it to make sure the post arrived safely.
You are in a war, when you are in a war it is important that you do not misplace the ammo.

P.S. If a moderator is reading this please remove my post that I mistakenly posted in their one on one thread instead of this one.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
for number two "Born Again" was Jesus' description of the salvation process and the term has come to mean next to nothing because it has been so abused. Honestly outside of the Biblical context in which it was uttered I never use it when talking to others about my faith.

I think more than abused it has not been used enough and for that matter explained thoroughly,many use it without elaborating on it.
For this issue is of uttmost importance and vidal the key that links God to man,that being the Holy Spirit conversion,

Remove that you have no power, or presence of God.
Not one thing Jesus did without the power of the Holy Spirit.

In His Birth
Luk 1:35 the angel said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon you, the power of the Highest will overshadow thee:

His Baptism
Luk 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

His Temptation Into the Wilderness
Luk 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

He Came Out In The Power
Luk 4:14 Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

The Holy Spirit Empowered Him For Ministry
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, preach deliverance to the captives, recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Went To The Cross In The Power Of The Spirit
Hbr 9:14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Same Spirit That Raised Him and Was With Him Is With The Believer
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Without the power ,presence and purpose of the Holy Ghost ,you have an empty ,powerless, relgion empowered only by man.
That Holy Spirit saves the believer,empowers the believer and confirms to the believer that they are God's children,that is also how one knows absolutely beyond a doubt heaven is their home, fear ceases in the realm of what once was uncertainity in the next life.

I know I was on both sides of that fence and oh what a feeling to know........!

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
This goes to Roli:

Thanks for the tip,that makes sense.

Roli

Booko

Deviled Hen
Ðanisty;823417 said:
I hope being a wonk is a good thing....lol.

It's like being a genius in some area. Sounds good to me!

Oh sheesh, we've just derailed this thread...we'd better go moderate ourselves or something....uh :sorry1:

yuvgotmel

For those of you who may be keeping up with the one-on-one discussion between me and roli, I was wondering what your thoughts were on it. With any luck, I'm making sense. I personally do not believe that people, generally speaking, are incapable of understanding this. Furthermore, there is a concern of mine that many persons get involved with certain beliefs and practices that are damaging to themselves and others without proper knowledge of those things.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For those of you who may be keeping up with the one-on-one discussion between me and roli, I was wondering what your thoughts were on it.
I find it to be an interesting debate, allthough somewhat predictable with Biblical answers coming from Roli.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
For those of you who may be keeping up with the one-on-one discussion between me and roli, I was wondering what your thoughts were on it. With any luck, I'm making sense. I

It's really quite wonderful and I've learned quite a bit from it. I'd toyed with the notion that "born again" Evangelical Christianity is a form of occultism and spellcasting, but the debate lays out that idea much more clearly than I've ever taken the time to do.

Also, it seems to me the need for certainty and fear of uncertainty is what predisposed one to the practice of "black magic." Since these are two of my favorite symbols (as my sig line attests), I was delighted to see Roli use them in the way he did in response to queries about spellcasting in Christian practice.

roli said:
What a hopeless and purposeless existence,to live in a state of uncertainity.
But what if you could have total certainity,assurance and confirmation that this life is real but temporal and that you could know what is beyond.

That statement is the most interesting product of the debate so far. I'm looking forward to reading more as the two of you continue.