• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yu-Gi-Oh, the Kemetic themed Anime

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Anyone remember Yu-Gi-Oh? LOL I mean the original one.

yami_bakura.jpg

Yami%20Marik.jpg

178_kaiba_yuugi_team_up.jpg

dartz.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! is awesome. :yes:

Smokeless Indica

<3 Damian Edward Nixon <3
I agree. I loved the original Yu-Gi-Oh! I didn't like the ones after it though. Did you ever play the card game. I've played it a few times with my fiance a few months ago...............

Rainbow Mage

Yes I used to play in tournaments. I haven't played in a long time, but I'd be open to it. I still have my deck.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I tried the card game, but I didn't care it that much. Some of the art work was very interesting though. As for the TV show, I never watched it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Uh, in the original original one, Kaiba had green hair. ^_^
200px-Kaiba_Toei.jpg

And Yamiyugi was the perfect embodiment of being a good guy while being evil at the same time... and a kid-friendly prototype Jigsaw.

hqdefault.jpg

Trust me, guys. If you loved the American dub of Yugioh (which was very good if you ignore all the cheesy friendship speeches), go search for Season Zero. It's awesome.
kaiba-1.jpg

Rainbow Mage

I think probably the best season of Yu-Gi-Oh, and disturbing and shockingly accurate to ancient Kemetic belief, was Season 2, Battle City. When Marik rejected his tombkeeper duties and became possessed by a demon, that is very accurate to how ancient Egyptians would have viewed a person who dishonors the dead.

Rainbow Mage

Yeah Season O was considered "too dark" for American audiences LOL. You gotta love the sway evangelicals still hold over our airwaves :(

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Yeah Season O was considered "too dark" for American audiences LOL. You gotta love the sway evangelicals still hold over our airwaves :(

Bah, that's not primarily evangelicals, but oversensitive parents. Sad. After all, children are the only audience that anime and cartoons ever had. I mean, it's not like a popular television network that focuses on cartoons created an entire segment during night hours dedicated to cartoons that were deemed more appropriate for adults, such as anime dubs that DARED to mention death. :sarcastic