• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're no Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
While we are still on the same page @1robin I wonder if you might please address the reality that disciple at Matthew 28:19 is a verb?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That is completely false. Take the prophecy about Tyre.

For that prophecy to be true.

1. Tyre would have to be not only defeated but utterly annihilated within not too many years after the prophecy was given. Keep in mind Tyre was the fort Knox of it's day, and very few fortresses as strong as Tyre have ever been utterly annihilated.

2. It's defeat would have to come from more than one cause.

3. That Nebuchadnezzar would have to be one of those causes.

4. That it must be destroyed while the Phoenicians controlled it.

5. That they would not rebuild it, ever.

6. That it's foundations would be cast in to the sea.

7. Which cause would cause what type of damage, and possibly which parts would be destroyed by who.

etc....

That is only one (and one of the most contested ones) of the 2500 or so in the bible, and only the details I could remember without looking it up.
Yes all written after the event, don't be hoodwinked by scripture.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Here's what's interesting: The one and only source of information we have on this interesting little tidbit comes some 37 years after Joseph Smith's death from an entry in one Oliver Huntington's journal. Mr. Huntington claimed to have heard this from Philo Dibble. So, we have a late, third-hand account of something Joseph was reported to have said nearly 40 years earlier. Apparently, what is now referred to as "the Great Moon Hoax" was a series of six articles published in a New York newspaper beginning in 1835. Supposedly, a civilization had been discovered on the moon. This discovery was falsely attributed to one of the best-known astronomers of that time, a man by the name of Sir John Herschel. A great many people apparently fell for the hoax, and possibly Joseph Smith was one of them. How anyone can presume to make it sound as if this was actually taught by Joseph Smith as Mormon doctrine is positively laughable, but guess some people are just desperate for attention and they don't care how stupid they look in the process of getting it.

I didn't know that. Interesting. Thanks.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I didn't know that. Interesting. Thanks.
I guess Herschel was at first quite amused by the articles, but eventually got frustrated when nobody would believe that he had nothing to do with them and the whole thing was a hoax. Poor guy. I can appreciate his frustration. It's crazy what some people are determined to believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.