• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Work-Out Biography

Runt

Do you like team sports, martial arts, running, weight lifting, swimming, or any other type of exercise? For many people, physical activity has been a deeply ingrained part of their lives and their being. Tell us a little about your sweaty, stinky, hardworking sports-self.

I'll start:

When I was a little kid I was very into ice-skating. My parents enrolled me in figure-skating classes at the age of five or six, and my older sister would take me out to frozen ponds sometimes during the winter to work with me on the ice. For a while it was my dream, my ambition, to do the figure-skating shows like my sister did at our school, but I was still too little and before I got old enough to try my hand at it my family moved to Arizona. There was no ice in Arizona, of course, so ice-skating was out of the question. My parents enrolled me in gymnastics instead, which I found incredibly enjoyable, and in those classes I got the basic foundations of balance and flexibility that would later help me both in dance and taekwondo. After a while, however, I stopped taking gymnastics, for reasons I cannot recall. However, YMCA soccer and basketball teams became my new passion. Throughout elementary school I played soccer, and later basketball. My memory of myself of a basketball player is of someone who could not run very far or very fast, could hardly dribble, and could not shoot hoops to save her life, but my dad insists that despite all that I was a good defense player. Nevertheless, when I turned about nine or ten years old I took a break from basketball and joined taekwondo, where I stayed for a year or so. I was just about to train for my green belt when my family moved again, and I went back to basketball for a few years. Then, when I was twelve years old, my mother asked me if I wanted to enroll in a new taekwondo academy or if I wanted to try something new, and I opted for something new. That something new turned out to be dance, and ended up being the longest committment of this nature I have made to this date. I danced for a grand total of eight years, among which were five years of ballet, four years of jazz, and two years of Irish dance. After I quit ballet (but was still doing Irish dance) I decided I wanted to start taking classes somewhere again, and while driving around near my house looking for a dance school, I instead found a taekwondo academy. I was immediatly reminded of all the fun I had in taekwondo as a kid, and decided to take it just for the summer to see if I wanted to do it again. I of course enjoyed it immensely, and am still there today, and about four months from receiving my black-belt.

So... how about you? :D

Yerda

Veteran Member
Since I could walk I've played soccer. I played for school soccer teams and under 16 level for a couple of years. I was keen to make the step up to amatuer and hoped to play professionally.

I was actually pretty good, my coach back then thought I'd do well in the game, but I lacked dedication and missed training too often. The coach wouldn't pick a player for the match on Sunday if they missed training during the week, that kept me out of the team a lot. When I did play I was too hot-headed and was often in trouble for arguing with the referee.

Things came to a head with my poor behaviour and lack of discipline, I took some serious criticism from the coach following mouthing off and we had a shouting match. I left the club that day and by the time I mellowed out I had put soccer behind me.

Apart from the odd game of 5-a-side soccer with friends, I jog a couple of times a week and lift weights sometimes.

Melody

Runt said:
Do you like team sports, martial arts, running, weight lifting, swimming, or any other type of exercise? For many people, physical activity has been a deeply ingrained part of their lives and their being. Tell us a little about your sweaty, stinky, hardworking sports-self.
Love team sports....if someone else is playing and I'm sitting there with an iced glass of tea.

My exercise regimen includes bending and stretching (washing walls, cleaning tubs, scrubbing floors, vacuuming carpets) and cardiovascular (dragging wheel barrows around the garden, dead tree branches to the burn pile, digging gardens, mowing 2 acres at a brisk walk). Oh, and I'm learning Tai Chi and Qi Gong.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I will go to the gym, which is nearly every day, I drink a glass of muscle milk, take a T-Bomb pill, wait about 30 minutes, and start with a 15 minute warm up on a machine that im not sure what its called. Its basically a combination of a treadmill and a stair climber. After that, I do bench press reps, either 10x3, 3x5, or 3x3, depending on what day it is. Then I will do leg press reps, and then leg extensions. Then I do 30 pushups to keep my arms warm. I then do 100 reps on an abb machine. Then I do 10 minutes on an exercise bike. Then I do 50 arm curls. Then I hit the treadmill for 25-30 minutes. Before I start though, I turn on the suana, so when Im done, its a nice and toasty 250 degrees F. I will sit in thier for about an hour, do 20 push ups and sit ups, and 50 jumping jacks. I sit in the suana so my muscles dont ache as much after the work out. I then drink another glass of muscle milk.
When it is warm, I will walk 5-8 miles a day, and jump on a trampoline for about 30 minutes.
On saturdays, its wrestling practice in the evening, or early if thier is a show that day. I take over 30 bumps, run the ropes for about 10 minutes, and then work on holds and moves.
During the nights, before I go to bed, I drink a glass of muscle milk, so my body does not eat away at my muscle mass. In the mornings, I take a multi-vitamin, and a glass of muscle milk.
Now, if I could just stop drinking the calories, mainly mountain dew, Id have a very lean, muscular body.

Master Vigil

Hmmm... As a kid I played basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, wrestling, track, golf, football, THEM ALL!!!!! But I quit them all because I devoted all of my time to my true (exercise) love... Martial arts. I have been doing martial arts (Tang soo do, Ninpo Taijutsu, Aikido, Hapkido, Cuong Nu, Kum Do, Iaido, Tae Guk Kwan, Tai Chi Chuan, Chi Gong, etc...) for over 10 years.

Fluffy

A fool
I HATE team sports. Not because I don't like working in a team. But because I dislike being shouted at :(.

However, I play badminton as my main sports activity but I haven't done that in awhile. Other than that, I have just gotten into ice skating which I hope to do more often over the holidays but unfortunately it is difficult to get to the rink :(.

The only exercise I get other than this is my fingers tapping away on the keyboard or my mouth yabbering away on the phone.