• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your trinity isn't three

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's four. God; inerrant and infallible. The Holy Spirit; inerrant and infallible. The Son of God; inerrant and infallible and number four The Bible; inerrant and infallible.

JFish123

A difference between God and what comes FROM God :) if God is Truth, then His word is Truth, but they are not the same lol
And the Trinity Rocks! :) just trying to start something haha don't mind me... (I'm sure you won't lol)

k4c

Jesus didn't have all knowledge.

Mark 13:31 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It's four. God; inerrant and infallible. The Holy Spirit; inerrant and infallible. The Son of God; inerrant and infallible and number four The Bible; inerrant and infallible.

From my understanding, humans wrote the Bible, in Christianity God influenced it. It cannot be inerrant and infallible, because the ones who made it aren't.

If I'm correct, the Bible is more of a record keeping of history of God, not something God asked to be made. According to Christianity the Word is Jesus, and the Bible was just made to make Jesus words spread

lostwanderingsoul

the Holy Spirit is not a separate part of a trinity. God is a spirit and because He is God He is holy so He is a Holy Spirit. There is the Father and the Son that make up God two not three or four

psychoslice

Veteran Member
There is only One, just like the ocean with its layers, or the atmosphere with certain layers, but the ocean is one, the atmosphere is one, and God is also One, and we are all part of that One, its when you try to divide God into pieces or layers that you get into trouble, especially if you see it literally that way.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A difference between God and what comes FROM God :) if God is Truth, then His word is Truth, but they are not the same lol
And the Trinity Rocks! :) just trying to start something haha don't mind me... (I'm sure you won't lol)
Jesus is God's word. I mean the very thing that you are arguing SAYS so! Sometimes I wonder...............
Jesus CAME from God. God is truth. Jesus is the truth. Now you say the Bible is also the truth. You have four, not three.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
EXODUS 20:4

Exodus 20:4
"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."
Exodus 34:17
"Do not make any idols."
Leviticus 26:1
"'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.'"
Deuteronomy 4:15
You saw no form of any kind the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully
Deuteronomy 4:16
so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman
Deuteronomy 5:8
"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."
Deuteronomy 27:15
"Cursed is anyone who makes an idol--a thing detestable to the LORD, the work of skilled hands--and sets it up in secret." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!"
Psalm 97:7
All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols-- worship him, all you gods!

But THEY say the Bible a perfect book for seeing God.

THINK!

If that is the truth then the men who wrote is were breaking the commandment of The Lord which says DO NOT DO THAT!

If the Bible really is inerrant and infallible then it would be unwise NOT to idolize it.

We have people here on the forum saying others must or SHOULD do things their way and they are saying this in the name of their BIBLE which warns us NOT to do that.

God!

JFish123

Jesus is God's word. I mean the very thing that you are arguing SAYS so! Sometimes I wonder...............
Jesus CAME from God. God is truth. Jesus is the truth. Now you say the Bible is also the truth. You have four, not three.
But is there not a difference in who you ARE versus what you SAY? I mean no Christian worships the bible, only God. Many just view it as God MADE it, without error. That's all :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But is there not a difference in who you ARE versus what you SAY? I mean no Christian worships the bible, only God. Many just view it as God MADE it, without error. That's all :)
Me and what I say are different. God and what God says is different. Which will you believe, God or what you think God said? Notice past tense said.

JFish123

Me and what I say are different. God and what God says is different. Which will you believe, God or what you think God said? Notice past tense said.
Since God can't contradict Himself, I believe ALL He said and says, provided it doesn't contradict His word (the Bible).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Since God can't contradict Himself, I believe ALL He said and says, provided it doesn't contradict His word (the Bible).
Listen very careful this time, please. JESUS is God's word. Can the Bible ALSO be God's word? Are there two? Is Jesus a living soul? Is the Bible a living soul?

JFish123

Listen very careful this time, please. JESUS is God's word. Can the Bible ALSO be God's word? Are there two? Is Jesus a living soul? Is the Bible a living soul?
The phrase “word of God” appears often in the Bible and can have a slightly different meaning depending on context and the Hebrew or Greek word used. John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.” Here, Word is a title of the Lord Jesus. The term translated “Word” is logos, which basically means “the expression of a thought.” Logos can be thought of as the total message of God to man (Acts 11:1; 1 Thessalonians 2:13). Jesus embodied that total message, and that is why He is called the “Logos,” or “Word,” of God (Colossians 1:19; 2:9).
Logos is also used many times when referring to the written message of God (John 17:17; 1 Timothy 4:5; Revelation 1:2; Colossians 1:25). Hebrews 4:12 says, “The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Jesus showed a link between the written Word of God and Himself, in that He is the subject of the written Word: “You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me” (John 5:39).
Another Greek word used for “word” is rhema. Rhema refers to the actual spoken/written words of God (Hebrews 6:5). When Jesus was being tempted by Satan, He answered, “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word [rhema] that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). We are told in Ephesians 6:17 to “take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word [rhema] of God.” Jesus demonstrated we need the actual recorded words of God to overcome Satan’s attacks.
The phrase “word of God” means more than the printed words on a page. God is a communicator and has been speaking into the human realm since the beginning. He speaks through His creation (Psalm 19:1), through ancient prophets (Hosea 12:10; Hebrews 1:1), through the Holy Spirit (John 16:13; Acts 16:6), through Scripture (Hebrews 4:12), and through the Person of His Son, Jesus Christ (John 14:9). We can learn to know God better by seeking to hear Him in every way that He speaks.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The phrase “word of God” appears often in the Bible and can have a slightly different meaning depending on context and the Hebrew or Greek word used. John 1:1 says, “In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.” Here, Word is a title of the Lord Jesus. The term translated “Word” is logos, which basically means “the expression of a thought.” Logos can be thought of as the total message of God to man (Acts 11:1; 1 Thessalonians 2:13). Jesus embodied that total message, and that is why He is called the “Logos,” or “Word,” of God (Colossians 1:19; 2:9).
This is a lie! You are making up "total" all by yourself. John 14:30

lostwanderingsoul

the Bible says "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." the word translated as "word" is "logos" which can mean spokesman. so Jesus is the spokesman for God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I agree with you actually. If God made Jesus perfect, then Jesus shares in God's divinity. There are no humans in the mix between Father and Son Divine nature.

However, to say the Bible is "also" perfect is placing the Bible in line with Jesus and God.

The problem with this is, humans had a play in writing the Bible; thats a fact. Mary carried Jesus but she never influenced His nature nor His ministry. Yet, the Bible has been mix matched for years.

If the Bible is perfect, that makes God contradict Himself. For nothing inperfect can be called perfection.

Bible included.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
the Bible says "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God." the word translated as "word" is "logos" which can mean spokesman. so Jesus is the spokesman for God.

Well, no, that would be wrong, if Jesus is the Word. If Jesus is the word, then He would be G-d, as it explicitly states as such, in that verse. so, 'spokesman', makes no sense, in that context.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I agree with you actually. If God made Jesus perfect, then Jesus shares in God's divinity. There are no humans in the mix between Father and Son Divine nature.

However, to say the Bible is "also" perfect is placing the Bible in line with Jesus and God.

The problem with this is, humans had a play in writing the Bible; thats a fact. Mary carried Jesus but she never influenced His nature nor His ministry. Yet, the Bible has been mix matched for years.

If the Bible is perfect, that makes God contradict Himself. For nothing inperfect can be called perfection.

Bible included.

The Bible hasn't been goofed that much. Ever read the Greek or Hebrew? I don't seem to have a problem reading it; doesn't seem goofed or incorrect, to me. I think, that it seems goofed, if you try to make words mean things they don't mean, lol, though. Yes, of course, if one is doing that, it will make no sense. :p