• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts?

What are the Nephilim?

• Total voters
In the bible and in the book of Enoch, the name Nephilim is mentioned. Some say the name Nephilim is Hebrew for Fallen Ones. Others say, they are offspring of the Grigori who mated with mortal women.

I am interested in your thoughts on what exactly the Nephilim are.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well this discussion will diverge rapidly.
If the angels have taken mortals for mates...then the angels are flesh.
If the angels are spiritual beings, then a transformation is required, to be flesh.

Either way though, perhaps some preliminary discussion about spirit...wrapped in flesh might be needed.

BTW....a movie called 'Micheal'...with John Travolta as the lead...was very entertaining.

Last edited:

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
This is simple.

The Nephalim were the Offspring of the mating of the Annunaki race and men.

My personal belief is that the Annunaki were a 'superior' race, possibly a separeate species of hominoid, that mated with an inferior race to form the Nephalim, from whom the mordern human race descended from.

I think terms like 'god' and 'angel' ARE terms for people of flesh. In ancient times, superior skilled inidividuals were considered god-like. I believe some if not all of Apocryphal characters were real people and or tribes of people.

Last edited:
This is simple.

The Nephalim were the Offspring of the mating of the Annunaki race and men.

My personal belief is that the Annunaki were a 'superior' race, possibly a separeate species of hominoid, that mated with an inferior race to form the Nephalim, from whom the mordern human race descended from.

I think terms like 'god' and 'angel' ARE terms for people of flesh. In ancient times, superior skilled inidividuals were considered god-like. I believe some if not all of Apocryphal characters were real people and or tribes of people.

I think that makes sense.:yes:

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
I think that makes sense.:yes:

Of course it does.

That would also explain the length of time they were supposed to have lived.

Are you aware the Annunaki and Nephilim story comes from Sumarian historical texts, Abraham was a Sumarian remember, thats where the stories come from.

The Nephalim story was not written by Abraham and the monothiests.. it was written by the earliest civiliation known to man.

Most of the stories and characters in the Torah are identical with those detailed in the Sumarian tablets, but often they are in a different order.

For example In the Sumarian mythos Noah and the great flood predated Adam, or The Adama tribe.
This is all detailed in the Annunaki King List and the Essembly of the Annunaki (both Sumarian tablets)

Last edited:

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
My personal hyposthesis is that the Annunaki could possibly have been a taller, fairer race from the North, that had perhaps become more evolved - possibly as a result of surviving in harsher conditions. As a result of their alien physical appearence they were considered as Gods or Angels.

I wonder if the Annunaki were dying out and had no choice but to migrate south to mate with another race.. who knows... although I have met some Nordic people who claim they are direct descendents of the Annunaki and that they never went south. However the only evidence they have is their DNA and a detailed family tree.

Either way I think it quite plausible that the stories indicate some sort of important meeting of a race that was considered 'different' to Man. I think it is actually more reasonable to suggest something like this was the case than it all be a complete fabrication.

Last edited:
I doubt that the Nephilim were a fabrication because in the Old Testament there was a great flood that some say engulfed the world killing everyone and everything except the people in Noah's ark. With the Nephilim came corruption and murder (according to the Book of Enoch)