• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your stance on giving Life and giving Death?

Aquitaine

Hi peeps, apologies if this kinda thread has already been made, but, what is your view on giving life and giving death?

Like I'm talking about Euthanasia etc.

The following story prompted me to think about it, and honestly it's something which I cannot form a final decision on (the concept and the actual specific case) - I honestly cannot, I am entirely "stuck".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1224486/Baby-RB-Tug-love-babys-mother-says-life-support-turned-father-goes-court-stop-it.html

So I was thinking, in a hypothetical situation that is similar to this case, what's your stance on it and on Euthanasia in general?

Also, do you think people should have the right to die, and who should have that right, only some, or all people?

The parents need to come to an agreement, one way or the other. Tough call, but I would say let the child live. This would set a dangerous president if this child were to be euthenized. He has complete mental awreness, and I wonder what other conditions would constitute euthenasia if this instance did...

Also, do you think people should have the right to die, and who should have that right, only some, or all people?

If one is of adult age, and of sound mind, he/she should be able to end his/her life for ANY reason. The life is tbe property of the individual, period.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
I was thinking that, but the only thing is though, is that can we really judge whether or not his life would be "worthy"? Could we decide for him that his life isn't gonna be enjoyable (for him)?

What do you think?
I don't think we know our judgement is sound, we just have to do the best we can and live with whatever consequences including doubts that result.

Incidentally in the case of that particular child, if it were my son I'd strongly be in favour of euphanasia. If I was born & left in that condition to grow and those caring for me didn't kill me, I'd find it hard not to hate them, hate them deeply.