• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Relationship is Healthy . . . If

Pah

Uber all member
http://www.vsdvalliance.org/Resources/healthyrelationshipif.html

Your Relationship is Healthy . . . If

* You trust your partner.

* Your partner likes your friends and encourages you to spend time with them and wants to include them in his/her life as well as yours.

* You make important decisions together.

* Your partner understands when you spend time away from him or her.

* You don’t have to like to protect your partner’s reputation to cover for his/her mistakes.

* Your partner encourages you to enjoy different activities (like joining the volleyball team or football team, running for student government, or being in a play) and helps you reach your goals.

* Your partner likes you for who you are – not just for what you look like.

* You are not afraid to say what you think and why you think that way. You like to hear how your partner thinks, and don’t always have to agree.

* You have both a friendship and a physical attraction.

* You don’t have to be with your partner 24/7

evearael

:bounce Yay! I have a healthy relationship! I could have really used that list in high school, though.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
According to this list, I have a totally healthy and wonderful relationship with my husband of 36 years. Obviously, I already knew that. I'd like to add one more item to your list:

* You both are sincerely convinced that you got the best end of the deal.

Purple Thyme

Wow I have a great relationship with Majikthise. That's good cause it will be 10 yrs this July 20th. I agree Buttons could have used that list in my younger days. Ithink I had relationships that didn't even meet one of those listed.:D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I guess Our relationship is 'pretty healthy' which just about sounds right; there have been 'rocky' patches, but show me a marriage where there hasn't been some.