• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your personal core beliefs/practices?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Hello everyone. I'm new here and a bit uncustomed to forum culture, so bear with me.

I've been studying dfferent LHP philosophies for some time now and feel very drawn to many of the core ideas. However I seem to disagree with much of the symbolism and in some cases what's presented as the deepest teachings (meaning of life etc) or the like. I've read some threads here and have some vague idea of how many of you percieve things, but I'd still love to hear some kind of synopsis on your take on these questions:

1. What is the ultimate goal of your chosen path? Are there some other important values alongside it (not necessarily morals)?

2. If you worship (or "worship") any deity/deities (other than yourself :D), what kind of relationship do you have with him/her/it/them? Do you stick to just one tradition or do you like to mix many different ones?

3. Do you practice magick and if so, what types of practices are most important to you and what do you seek to achieve with them? How important is magick to you overall?

4. How does your world view show in your social life? How do you percieve other people and how do they percieve you?

5. Did I forget something important?
1. love peace and happiness..... knowledge.....idk
2. if an when i worship its a mix and match or borrow... im an atheist but heya sometimes working with gods is good for the mind set...or others i work with require it....i also like to try out and practice other peoples beliefs
3. 90% of my magic i do for others
4. as the crazy hippie atheist(who studys religion) magcian dude, who knows everybody and everything...also know for random dancing
i perceive other people as an aspect of me. so when i see a fault i look to myself and find what needs to grow and change

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My only goal and purpose in life is to live to take charge of my own life and striving to always better myself. And as long as I'm left to myself, I really don't care what others do if it's not harming another.
I do not worship any gods, but then again I don't necessarily believe in any sort of god.
I practice a magic, of sorts. It is not with a ritual, candles, or other such things but using my Will to set my mind to my desires.
My world view is that I do not have much faith in most people, and most people live in blissful ignorance of how little control they actually have. How others see is largely dependent upon that persons world view. But the first two things most people think is that I am shy or quiet.
If you missed anything important, that is only if you think there is anything of importance you missed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
First, I didn't ask Jason how he knows Satan wants him to worship him, but how he knows Satan wants him to be equal to him. I think there is a big difference. Secondly, I don't think I can discuss this or answer the questions you've posed in this DIR.
As long as it's respectable and isn't intended to be confrontational in any way.

But the core view of many paths is that a particular individual (Satan in this example) rebelled against God to bring a gift to the human race (knowledge and free will in this example). The Greek story of Prometheus is another popular character, in how he rebelled against Zeus to bring fire to the mortal race. In the case of Satan he rebelled against God so we could be free, and to worship him is to go against what he brought upon us. And he knows that people who come to him by choice are into worship anyways.

Last edited:

Erebus

Hello everyone. I'm new here and a bit uncustomed to forum culture, so bear with me.

I've been studying dfferent LHP philosophies for some time now and feel very drawn to many of the core ideas. However I seem to disagree with much of the symbolism and in some cases what's presented as the deepest teachings (meaning of life etc) or the like. I've read some threads here and have some vague idea of how many of you percieve things, but I'd still love to hear some kind of synopsis on your take on these questions:

1. What is the ultimate goal of your chosen path? Are there some other important values alongside it (not necessarily morals)?

2. If you worship (or "worship") any deity/deities (other than yourself :D), what kind of relationship do you have with him/her/it/them? Do you stick to just one tradition or do you like to mix many different ones?

3. Do you practice magick and if so, what types of practices are most important to you and what do you seek to achieve with them? How important is magick to you overall?

4. How does your world view show in your social life? How do you percieve other people and how do they percieve you?

1. It varies from person to person. My main interests are knowledge, power and love and so that's what I intend to pursue. As a rule I don't like to set goals in concrete, I prefer to continually improve myself in whatever area most appeals to me at the time.

2. Gah! worship is a dirty word! ;) I guess I fall into the "worship" category as I see my gods as teachers rather than masters. The easiest way to describe myself is eclectic/soft polytheist in regards to my view on deities, I'm a pragmatist first and foremost so I'm as likely to call on Cernunnos as I am Ereshkigal depending on which deity I think is most appropriate at the time.
If you're interested, the religion I most closely identify with (Demonolatry) has some wonderful lists of gods/demons This *

3. I was raised with some awareness of magic, but didn't properly use it until my teens. Magic is simply a part of my life, so in that way yes it's important but not in the sense that I need it as a crutch if that makes sense? I'm relatively minimalist in regards to ritual, I tend to use incense, candles and blood (my own) along with a brief incantation and request.

4. According to my facebook I'm just Pagan, nice and safe ;) for the most part that's all people need to know. If I give more information I tend to give what I think people can handle, so far I've been quite good at determining how much people are comfortable with (touch wood).
As for how I perceive other people... well I'm something of a misanthrope but only in regard to humanity as opposed to individuals. Essentially I'll give anybody fair chance in person while disliking the actions of humanity as a collective.

5. Depends on what you're looking to find out :cool:

Oh InChrist your questions have been fine so far. If you think responding further might not be appropriate for the DIR (I don't know what response you have in mind after all) you could always make a thread in the one on one debates section if that's what you guys fancy?

Please don't avoid the question. We are discussing the LHP, so are you.

Again it really depends on InChrist's opinion. It wouldn't be fair to encourage him to get into a debate only for his posts to be reported somewhere down the line. This is one of those areas where it's usually better to err on the side of caution :)

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Wow. You have no idea how interested you got me now. I hadn't even heard of Demonolatry before this, even though I tried to look for exactly that on (the godlike) Wikipedia some time back. I'll look into the site you linked and come back with questions if I encounter any the web doesn't adequately give answers to. Feel free to link any other material on the subject if you feel for it, I'm confortable with all of it ;)

InChrist

Free4ever
I didn’t expect the Sum of Awe or anyone to ask me questions concerning Christ here in this DIR. I suppose I could try to answer in a way that would be appropriate for this DIR, but I’ll have to give that some thought. It seems to me that simply discussing my perspectives from a biblical standpoint could be considered confrontational. I really have no desire to be confrontational right now so I am not interested in starting a debate thread. I actually just wanted to ask a few questions to gain a little more understanding.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I didn’t expect the Sum of Awe or anyone to ask me questions concerning Christ here in this DIR. I suppose I could try to answer in a way that would be appropriate for this DIR, but I’ll have to give that some thought. It seems to me that simply discussing my perspectives from a biblical standpoint could be considered confrontational. I really have no desire to be confrontational right now so I am not interested in starting a debate thread. I actually just wanted to ask a few questions to gain a little more understanding.

Sorry, I didn't intend to be rude, I typed that because that was the answer, the answer to your question was a question :D

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

I don't worship.

Spells / prayers, ritual, and meditation.

I don't know.

I don't know.

Erebus

Wow. You have no idea how interested you got me now. I hadn't even heard of Demonolatry before this, even though I tried to look for exactly that on (the godlike) Wikipedia some time back. I'll look into the site you linked and come back with questions if I encounter any the web doesn't adequately give answers to. Feel free to link any other material on the subject if you feel for it, I'm confortable with all of it ;)

I'd be happy to answer questions :D Just remember that what I say isn't going to be gospel. Like other LHP religions Demonolaters tend to be quite varied in there opinions (that's without even getting into the debate of whether Demonolatry is truly LHP).
The Demonolatry.org website is great as a starting point. If you're interested in the religion I thoroughly recommend The Complete Book of Demonolatry it's essentially a general guide to the religion covering practices, demonic hierarchies, magic etc.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I did quite a lot of reading last night on it. I guess some would even say I would qualify as a Demonolater myself, since they are by far the most important part of my practices. I found some really interesting ideas in some of the texts, but then again I seem to always stop at agreeing with the ideas and disagreeing with the specifics. Luckily I'm finally getting over that and understanding that's not really the point of it :D

I'll try to find that book none the less. I recently decided I need some proper hierarchial system for seremonial use anyway, so all sources for inspiration are going to be really useful:angel2:

Erebus

I seem to always stop at agreeing with the ideas and disagreeing with the specifics.

The bit I put in bold frustrated me for ages! Take LaVey for instance, I agree with a lot of his points, but disagree with his recommended solutions. Ultimately I decided it's more important to look for inspiration than to try and categorize yourself.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
The bit I put in bold frustrated me for ages! Take LaVey for instance, I agree with a lot of his points, but disagree with his recommended solutions. Ultimately I decided it's more important to look for inspiration than to try and categorize yourself.
I couldn't agree more!

Orias

Left Hand Path
Welcome to the forum Infinitum.

Thats a good question.

I don't really know besides what effort I put into this design.

From what I have observed, every time you act on behalf of the "social machine" or even when you interact with operant/illusional magic, there is always something that comes out in return.

Basically, my ultimate goal is to understand what is with the short time that is mine.

I don't really worship them, but I draw from them and use them to manifest it into one.

I recognize such beings as the "Christian" God, Satan, Lucifer, Oden, Leviathan, Belial, Baal and Mot. There are more but they are a bit more in between the lines.

Operant and illusional. Mostly dark magic but "reborn".

Magic plays a daily role in my life, from work to at home. How I manifest it is mostly subject to my prerogative, what I was born with and what I have achieved.

What I usually try to achieve is a sense of accomplishment in a recognizable and not scornful way.

Though of course I can tend to learn the hard way.

With this I try to become a well known cage fighter through means of magic.

Heh, through the road ahead is long, and perhaps short.

People tend not to perceive me at first hand, many of them are suspicious or wary around me except for those in my family and my lady.

I don't really like the mass majority of people, but I do what I can to satisfy them on my terms.

Many people know what I am, though many do not know as much from a simple post like this, which isn't really revealing. Though I'll say the questions are really good.

From what I can tell those that know do not see it as a burden to them or to me, since I tend speak of matters that pertain to me with confidence.

Sometimes I speak too much though and can come off as a cocky and inept teenager (as if that is unheard of).

Hmm... what is the source of such psychological manifestations?

What brings one to the LHP, and what separates them from the topics that posit them?