• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your personal core beliefs/practices?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Hello everyone. I'm new here and a bit uncustomed to forum culture, so bear with me.

I've been studying dfferent LHP philosophies for some time now and feel very drawn to many of the core ideas. However I seem to disagree with much of the symbolism and in some cases what's presented as the deepest teachings (meaning of life etc) or the like. I've read some threads here and have some vague idea of how many of you percieve things, but I'd still love to hear some kind of synopsis on your take on these questions:

1. What is the ultimate goal of your chosen path? Are there some other important values alongside it (not necessarily morals)?

2. If you worship (or "worship") any deity/deities (other than yourself :D), what kind of relationship do you have with him/her/it/them? Do you stick to just one tradition or do you like to mix many different ones?

3. Do you practice magick and if so, what types of practices are most important to you and what do you seek to achieve with them? How important is magick to you overall?

4. How does your world view show in your social life? How do you percieve other people and how do they percieve you?

5. Did I forget something important?

jasonwill2

Hello everyone. I'm new here and a bit uncustomed to forum culture, so bear with me.

I've been studying dfferent LHP philosophies for some time now and feel very drawn to many of the core ideas. However I seem to disagree with much of the symbolism and in some cases what's presented as the deepest teachings (meaning of life etc) or the like. I've read some threads here and have some vague idea of how many of you percieve things, but I'd still love to hear some kind of synopsis on your take on these questions:

1. What is the ultimate goal of your chosen path? Are there some other important values alongside it (not necessarily morals)?

2. If you worship (or "worship") any deity/deities (other than yourself :D), what kind of relationship do you have with him/her/it/them? Do you stick to just one tradition or do you like to mix many different ones?

3. Do you practice magick and if so, what types of practices are most important to you and what do you seek to achieve with them? How important is magick to you overall?

4. How does your world view show in your social life? How do you percieve other people and how do they percieve you?

1. The ultimate goal in life is to become a god after death through metaphorically living as a god here and now and by developing as a magician.

2. Satan and Leviathan (pantheistic god). Satan is Leviathan incarnate. Satan wants me to be equal with him so that I can transcend Leviathan (Universe) so that my consciousness can survive the destruction of the Universe. After the Universe is destroyed in x billion-trillion years, all that will be left is God (Leviathan) in his true form. Satan, any wisps, and all matter and energy will be absorbed back into him. However, anything that transcended into godhood will survive this death, and Leviathan's goals of making some dudes to hang out with will have succeeded.

And I'm not joking with that last bit.

3./5. With magic, I mostly hope to kill things, make things fall in love with me, evocate Succubi, and reinforce my desires for success so that events will turn out alright. This last bit' has been most successful as ritual has provided me a way to reinforce how much I want to get my life on track. So far I can say that Satanism has helped my mental health more than anything in my entire life. Also, I plan to cast a compassion ritual on myself before taking my G.E.D. Monday, so I can say that ritual and magic is very important to me.

4. I do not see people really any different then before, as I have always been a Satanist, just never knew it until last May, and suspected around a year ago. I can say though that I view Christians I personally meet in general in a more analytical way. Some just have "faith" on it, while others are feed propaganda, but I do not see them as "bad" in any way, just mislead. As for other people, it's just about the same as ever as to how I perceive them. However I see people in general in a less 'simple' but more dynamic sense now that I have had my eyes fully open to moral relativism. I see myself in a different light since declaring myself a Satanist, specifically one with untold potential who is just now gaining the reigns of power, a future god in the making with a god that truly 'loves' me enough to make me his peer.

Which works out for me, because I have always treated others as my peer in social situations, even when I shouldn't (like a teacher). So I guess to be treated by a god as a peer makes me really comfortable.

InChrist

Free4ever
Satan wants me to be equal with him so that I can transcend Leviathan (Universe) so that my consciousness can survive the destruction of the Universe.

How does one know, yourself for instance, that Satan wants you to be equal to him? How have you determined this to be truly his desire or is there any possibility that he is playing mind games with you?

These are sincere questions of mine. I realize this is a DIR so I hope I've asked them in a respectful way appropriate for this section.

jasonwill2

How does one know, yourself for instance, that Satan wants you to be equal to him? How have you determined this to be truly his desire or is there any possibility that he is playing mind games with you?

These are sincere questions of mine. I realize this is a DIR so I hope I've asked them in a respectful way appropriate for this section.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

I have never heard a Satanist in my life say that they think we should be subordinate to Satan. LHP religions in general put the adherents on the level of their gods in some way.

I guess one way to put is that Satan doesn't want us to worship him, but wants us to just become better and stronger people. He doesn't care about the credit, he just wants people to be people.

Another way to look at it is that all gods are human inventions, and by seeing Satan as a desirable arche-type, the Satanist is equal to Satan, as Satan is merely a representation of godhood. But that is too atheistic for my tastes. I do strive to be like Satan in a metaphorical way, but I also see him as a literal entity.

But how do I know that it is his desire? I do not know anything, I only believe. I'm highly agnostic. But it's not about what his desires are anyway, but only what my desires are. My will, my wants, my lusts, and my yearnings, and my destiny. What Satan wants, is for me to decide this for myself, to decide my path and my life, not let anyone else decide that. He wants me to think for myself and act for myself, and not let someone hand me the answers. I have to make the answers, not "find" them.

To do this though takes a lot of maturity and a huge amount of personal growth and discipline. I know I'm still working on all of this, but as a Satanist the betterment of myself is one of my focuses. I've come a long way since I discovered I was a Satanist, and I have already seen changes in my life.

As a Satanist, and as a person, my life, and my choices are just that, MINE. No god or person can decide those things for me. What is truth for me, is what I decide. Satan just wants me to be my own, so that I can become like him.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

To know, understand, and follow my True Will is the ultimate goal of my path in the simplest terms. My True Will just happened to lead me to the Left-Hand Path.

Well, tradition is not highly important to me as a follower of the LHP. The 'gods' I honor (not worship) are known in history, but my connections to them are not based on traditional systems. I have made my own system of connection with them. However, I do not see gods in the common light....

Yes I practice magick. I practice it 24/7, but I know that is not what you mean ;). As for ceremony and ritual, yes I practice that. Not as often as I'd like because life gets in the way, but magick can be practiced completely in one's own Mind also. As for my method, symbolism, etc etc they are personal and I never share them, no offense. Magick is extremely important to me.

Well if you were to ask anyone outside of my family, best friends, and some selected professors, nobody could tell you about my beliefs at all. My perception of others varies from the second I see them through our whole relationship. I tend to be good at reading an knowing people, so if I don't take to someone I never spend much time with them. In general though, I have a negative and elitist view against other people, whether I find that good or bad I do not yet know.

People perceive me in varying ways. I apparently give off a mysterious vibe while simultaneously drawing people towards me.

Depends what else you want to know...

jasonwill2

wait... doors... when did you start labeling yourself a Thelemite? I thought that you were a Luciferian not that long ago but it looks like you might of changed your religion title a bit' ago.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
As for my method, symbolism, etc etc they are personal and I never share them, no offense.
First of all, thank you for answering (this to Jason too). No offence taken, especially since I tried my best to phrase the question so that people would understand that I didn't require them to go into specifics, just the general techniques used (like divination, spells, meditation etc). I probably should have added that right at the start. I understand your view on magick completely :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

How does one know, yourself for instance, that Christ wants you to worship him? How have you determined this to be truly his desire or is there any possibility that he is playing mind games with you?

Premium Member
wait... doors... when did you start labeling yourself a Thelemite? I thought that you were a Luciferian not that long ago but it looks like you might of changed your religion title a bit' ago.

I am a Luciferian. A Luciferian Thelemite to be exact haha. Thelema is not a mutually exclusive path, just a means of finding which path you associate better with. My symbolism is Luciferian, therefore I am a Luciferian Thelemite.

The Sum of Awe

First I'd like to thank you for studying, the LHP community appreciates it, even if you disagree with the symbolism, studying it will be better than thinking we worship the devil and kill animals.

A pure enlightenment based off of pleasure and indulgence.

I do have a relationship with the Force though, as if it were a deity. The Force is pure natural and is in existence, "within, above, and beyond" us all. Not only earth, but every planet, every atom, every electron, every galaxy, and possibly every universe if there is more than one universe. It is a universal constant.

I stick to the Sith tradition.

A meditation on Chi, the Force.

Psychokinesis.

I generally create my own rituals though, it's much easier, for my Nihilist aspect tells me rituals and magick is nothing but a placebo affect.

Not much of a show in my social life.

I perceive people as blind of the Force in real life. I'll never forget the day I shook that pop can, and sometimes I shake away from my beliefs in the Force with other labels, but I'll always believe in the Force of reality, or at least in psychokinesis.

Nope.

Last edited:

Premium Member

Also I should point out I have been a Thelemite longer than a Luciferian (officially that is).

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Personal enjoyment. Enlightenment. Hopefully one leads to the other.

I used to deal with the gods of the Norse pantheon and the Greek Titans a lot. Now I use personally-created gods or chop jobs of various deities.

Yes, but not as frequently as last year, when I first figured out what I was doing. I normally try to attain wealth, freedom, and success for me and my friends. Rarely ever a curse. I usually use sigils and homemade mantras when I can't find anything suitable in grimoires.

4. How does your world view show in your social life? How do you perceive other people and how do they perceive you?
My world view is built on the ideas of determinism and impermanence. I typically see people as ignorant of the forces at play, much more practical, and willing to accept the projections I create (mainly because I maintain a level of mystery, or attempt to). Others see me as, well, I've been called "the guy who knows everything about nothing". I'm typically seen as detached, snarky, and intelligent. I think the snarkiness helps the view of intelligence though, or seems to.

Yes.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
First I'd like to thank you for studying, the LHP community appreciates it, even if you disagree with the symbolism, studying it will be better than thinking we worship the devil and kill animals.
Haha, no fear of that in my case. Since I accidently managed to get some fellow occultists/magicians to label me "the root of all evil" (or something like that) and eventually reject me completely because of the dark symbolic in my practices I have a deep sympathy for all people on that side of the scope. The religious side of it is completely new for me however, which is why I'm so keen on hearing what LHPers have to say.

jasonwill2

How does one know, yourself for instance, that Christ wants you to worship him? How have you determined this to be truly his desire or is there any possibility that he is playing mind games with you?

! Why didn't I think of turning it on him?

I am a Luciferian. A Luciferian Thelemite to be exact haha. Thelema is not a mutually exclusive path, just a means of finding which path you associate better with. My symbolism is Luciferian, therefore I am a Luciferian Thelemite.

ok

InChrist

Free4ever

First, I didn't ask Jason how he knows Satan wants him to worship him, but how he knows Satan wants him to be equal to him. I think there is a big difference. Secondly, I don't think I can discuss this or answer the questions you've posed in this DIR.

The Sum of Awe

First, I didn't ask Jason how he knows Satan wants him to worship him, but how he knows Satan wants him to be equal to him. I think there is a big difference. Secondly, I don't think I can discuss this or answer the questions you've posed in this DIR.

I don't expect you to answer, and I said worship because Jesus never said anything about being equal

Premium Member

Please don't avoid the question. We are discussing the LHP, so are you.