• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Pagan DIR Representative

Draka

Wonder Woman
Some of you may have noticed the teal green names for those on what is known as the "members committee". Just so you know, this is a committee to help represent the different DIRs and what their needs may be. This has to do with if any may need particular rules or have issues with trolling or harassment and so on.

Now, I haven't noticed any real issues here myself, certainly not like some other DIRs seem to get, but I intend to keep my eyes open and my ears as well. That is, if any of you find something lacking here, any rules that may need tweaked specifically in our DIR, or even someone inparticular that may be causing problems here...feel free to let me know. Serious suggestions may be left on this thread, issues about certain people you may PM me.

First and foremost, trolling and harassment are not allowed in any DIR. If you feel there is, or even could be, a problem here in our little corner of RF, that's what I'm here for. Also, if you have any preferences when it comes to moderation here, let me know. Any questions about any of this...just ask. ;)

Draka

Last edited:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Some of you may have noticed the teal green names for those on what is known as the "members committee". Just so you know, this is a committee to help represent the different DIRs and what their needs may be. This has to do with if any may need particular rules or have issues with trolling or harassment and so on.

Now, I haven't noticed any real issues here myself, certainly not like some other DIRs seem to get, but I intend to keep my eyes open and my ears as well. That is, if any of you find something lacking here, any rules that may need tweaked specifically in our DIR, or even someone inparticular that may be causing problems here...feel free to let me know. Serious suggestions may be left on this thread, issues about certain people you may PM me.

First and foremost, trolling and harassment are not allowed in any DIR. If you feel there is, or even could be, a problem here in our little corner of RF, that's what I'm here for. Also, if you have any preferences when it comes to moderation here, let me know. Any questions about any of this...just ask. ;)

Draka

Thanks and thanks!!!

I've asked several times about these names and didn't get much info back from anyone I PM'd :(

I appreciate you telling it like it is :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
Thanks and thanks!!!

I've asked several times about these names and didn't get much info back from anyone I PM'd :(

I appreciate you telling it like it is :D

That might have been because the full scope of what the committee would be responsible for hadn't been nailed down and so no one wanted to say anything for sure. It is still being discussed actually. One thing is definite though, we make decisions and suggestions in regards to our particular DIRs. Some people feel they need more moderation, some less. Some don't like people of other faiths answering questions for them, some don't mind as long as they are right and respectful. Some DIRs have issues with trolling and harassment on a regular basis and thus need stricter rules for posting. The Member's Committee is responsible for making such determinations in a representative type format. I'm here to keep a watchful eye and listen to any suggestions and serious problems here, find if there is a consensus among the members here, and address those issues within the Committee and directly to Admin.

I hope that helps to explain this further.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

Draka

Luckily, we're a pretty cool-headed bunch ;-)

There is one thing that's bugged me since it started, but even as a S-Mod I can't seem to get the ball rolling on it... but I honestly don't think you'll go for it.. :eek:

I don't feel that the Goddess Spirituality and Worship forum is necessary. For one, I didn't notice a specific need for one, but it was added anyway... I feel that it's an unfair balance to have a Goddess specific forum but no God specific... I could go on of course...

Draka

Wonder Woman
Interesting point Gentoo. I don't think there would be any need to get rid of the forum as there are threads there being used, but I may have an idea. I can fire it across the bough and see what I get back.

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
Luckily, we're a pretty cool-headed bunch ;-)

There is one thing that's bugged me since it started, but even as a S-Mod I can't seem to get the ball rolling on it... but I honestly don't think you'll go for it.. :eek:

I don't feel that the Goddess Spirituality and Worship forum is necessary. For one, I didn't notice a specific need for one, but it was added anyway... I feel that it's an unfair balance to have a Goddess specific forum but no God specific... I could go on of course...

Howdy,

I like having a Goddess forum (obviously) - if its a balance issue, and I can see how it might be, it seems there is another way to address it as Gentoo points out.

There aren't many of us, but there are Goddess-only Pagans, and it's nice to have a place, even if traffic there is light.

- sm

Draka

Wonder Woman
Howdy,

I like having a Goddess forum (obviously) - if its a balance issue, and I can see how it might be, it seems there is another way to address it as Gentoo points out.

There aren't many of us, but there are Goddess-only Pagans, and it's nice to have a place, even if traffic there is light.

- sm

Don't worry, I'm certainly not advocating for removal of the forum. However, as there are those whose religions are god-centered it does feel as if they have no place of their own. Are there any others who feel this way? Whose religion is god-centered that would like their own area?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I did look into the possibility of putting the Goddess forum under the Pagan one and adding a God centered forum alongside it. I've been informed that unless there is ample interest in having and using such a forum that creating said forum isn't going to happen. TPTB don't want to create another sub-forum that simply goes unused.

Any other ideas, suggestions, or issues need addressed?